Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Sheffield United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26850 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:52:48 »

For a 0-0 it wasn't a bad game.  We didn't seem to be playing with any confidence at all, partly due - in my opinion - of the way they are treated at tiems by PDC! The ref was a complete one-sided tosser - must have thought that Blades were really Man U at Old Trafford.  Louis T. had a very promising game, his brother settling down well at right back.  Sadly there is now a contagious disease ripping through our dressing room . . . it's called the Jay McCeveley virus and it's seems easy to catch.  Easy to diagnose, "oh look there's the ball, let's see how high I can kick it and trust to luck"!!  Having said that I thought Jay's defensive performance was much better tonight.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:54:08 »

Based on the number of chances, we should have won that.  I can only assume that Sheff Utd had an off day, because they offered bugger all considering their current position and the fact they're unbeaten.  However, we could so easily have lost it in the dying minutes were it not for some resolute defending. Am I right in thinking that the free kick that caused the melee was another combined joke of a decision by the referee and linesman?  Some of the fouls given/not given in the second half were utterly laughable.

Disappointed that we seem unable to play football at home anymore and continually resort to hoofing it long upfield.  Utterly pointless when the defenders are the size of Sheff Utd's and crap to watch.  I really don't want to spend 90 minutes watching that.

Not taking chances is costing us points. I no longer get excited if we get a corner.  Apparently we've had 119 this season and scored from one of them!
Dozno9

« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:55:10 »

Sheffield were not the team I thought they would be, you can see why they don't concede but also why they don't score either.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:56:50 »

Pretty dour game, against dire opposition, with a dreadful referee (how can a player catch the ball in plain view of the referee and linesman and win a free kick?) Not a game that will live long in the memory, but still happy with a point considering how many first-teamers we had missing. Also, I thought Sheffield United were supposed to be a footballing team? One of the most negative teams i've seen at the CG.

Wish our strikers could control the ball on their chests like Di Canio. Nothing sticking up front today. Williams looks a long way off his best.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:00:59 »

Not taking chances is costing us points. I no longer get excited if we get a corner.  Apparently we've had 119 this season and scored from one of them!

I stopped getting excited at corners when I found out only one in 50 get put away. It doesn't stop me getting nervous defending them.

I assume our new loanees will be a central midfielder and a left winger?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:10:24 »

Surprised to being saying it for a danny wilson side but Sheffield United were a generic moderately thuggish northern side. They offered not much going forward but their defence ( especially the hulking centre half maguire) were excellent.

As for us, much like the orient and Colchester games we were forced into hoofball by the oppositions pressing.As much as I rate storey I've no idea why he came instead of benson when we were cryimng out for someone to win something in the air
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:12:15 »

Oh and the ref was a clueless cunt too
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:15:29 »

Like others have said United came for a point and got it. The ref was inept and played straight into their hands by continuously given them soft free kick and us hardly anything. The Lino on the Arkells side wasn't much better either. I'm not overly disappointed with a point and our first half display was so much better than Saturday. Sheffield were a side that tried to bully us and fair play to our lot especially the Thompsons who gave a bit back as well.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:18:22 »

At least the toothless northerners appreciate me....

"Now that's a match day post, think you need to pull your finger out NAC!"

"The opening post in that thread's quality! Well worth a read!"

"Great little insight into tonight's game from oppo territory, that."

"Opening post in that thread is really good read."

"We could do with stealing their tagline, seems relevant for this board:

'25% football, 80% bollocks'"

Dozno9

« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:21:58 »

@nathan_t23: One of the proudest days today, lining up alongside my little bro. Thank you for all the messages. #proudbigbro

ahhhh
Dozno9

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:23:21 »

You after a transfer? Sounds like it to me.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:25:16 »

Oh yes please

Make it so number 1
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:28:24 »

Get over yourself

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:30:23 »

Oh yes please

Make it so number 1

not like you to contribute fred?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:31:51 »

they could never afford me Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: