Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Sheffield United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26848 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:10:12 »

What sort of reception did Wilson get? A decent one I hope.

He didn't get one. It was one of the worst atmospheres I've ever witnessed at a football ground.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:12:10 »

We played to their strengths (long/high balls up to our front two which their big strong centre halfs were always going to win in the air) far too much, if we'd played a bit more football might have opened them up. But they're a strong and effective, if not attractive, side and that's a decent point in the circumstances. Pleased for the Thompson Twins (yes I know they're not actually twins), they both gave a good account of themselves.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:12:51 »

how many did Sheff utd bring??

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:13:26 »

how many did Sheff utd bring??

840ish I think they said.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:15:23 »

Sheffield Utd - Hoofball merchants. No wonder they don't lose if that's the kind of biased refereeing they get. They were timewasting from the first minute to the last. I cannot remember our strikers getting one freekick against their big central defenders all game.

I thought Harry Bassett was their manager, because that football took me back to the late 80's/early 90's. Hoof !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:15:57 »

Wasn't too bad... could have scored a couple, could have conceded during that mad scramble near the end.

Positives: N. Thompson is a little gem (my MotM)... love how he flies into tackles and gives his winger no time on the ball; could see a few cards, however. His brother also had a decent full debut - played it simple, put tackles in, and put in a great cross/long-ball for Collins(?) which could/should have been put away. He should always start at CM ahead of Troy (who put in another terrible cameo, that experiment has to end). Defence looked quite solid, and Ferry was everywhere again.

Roberts is really below par... really off form. I wouldn't start him the next game, he can't seem to do anything right. Our strikers don't look like scoring either, which is a bit for a worry. Too much HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:16:56 »

What sort of reception did Wilson get? A decent one I hope.

No reception. Didn't get booed or applauded.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:19:16 »

Tricky home game out of the way, looking forward to seeing an 8-0 win at walsall saturday now.
Dozno9

« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:26:11 »

Either PdC or our defence are pretty thick. After 15 minutes of hoofing the ball to Collins and Williams and them not winning a single header you would think we would change our approach but no, we then had to endure a further 75 minutes of aimless booting the ball to their defence and it coming straight back again...again...time after time...after time...after time.

I thought Devera was solid and did very well and Ward was his usual self, pointless hoofs but did ok. I like N.Thompson a lot and gets stuck in. He totally wiped out their guy in the first half and if we had the same ref that sent Flint off he would have walked but it was just a mis-timed challenge.

Jay is getting back to his old self but seems to be afraid to cross the halfway line, again solid enough.

The midfield did well and whether it's my heart speaking but L.Thompson was great, getting stuck in and passing the ball short and simple, great stuff. Ferry was up, down, left and right but hits the ball on the strike like its a cannon ball, given MoM and whilst there were others more deserving in my view Ferry seems to get it anyway if no-one on the panel can decide otherwise.

I don't see what Roberts offers and would rather see De Vita play, he's slow, wanders off position and generally loses the ball with no final ball ever. He did hit the post though but should have gone across the keeper.

The top 2 didn't really get in the game tonight and whilst the service wasn't great they play in each others pockets and at times go for the same ball and offer no channel play at all.

Whilst it's a bit of a piss and whinge we've just played the only unbeaten team in the FL and haven't lost and compared to the debacle of Saturday it's a good point.

Paolo on the radio praised players and the team which is good and has some targets in mind which given some players tonight we need. Although we do have injuries I cannot see how any of those injured (with the exception of Alan Mac) could add qwality to our team right now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:29:25 by Azza » Logged
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:27:50 »

I'm not unhappy with that but could be happier if we'd have taken a couple of clear chances (Ritchie hitting the bar and there was another chance from someone else off the post). We need to cut this hoofball out as it simply doesn't work against a pair of big, bustling centre backs! A solid performance though and looking forward ahead to Saturday, really enjoy the trips to Walsall! Embargo lifted so won't be surprised if we have a couple of new faces in!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:29:59 by TheMajorSTFC » Logged

#VivaKenBarlow!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:30:51 »

And a decent thread-starter!

Arse
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:37:24 »

Either PdC or our defence are pretty thick. After 15 minutes of hoofing the ball to Collins and Williams and them not winning a single header you would think we would change our approach but no, we then had to endure a further 75 minutes of aimless booting the ball to their defence and it coming straight back again...again...time after time...after time...after time.

I thought Devera was solid and did very well and Ward was his usual self, pointless hoofs but did ok. I like N.Thompson a lot and gets stuck in. He totally wiped out their guy in the first half and if we had the same ref that sent Flint off he would have walked but it was just a mis-timed challenge.

Jay is getting back to his old self but seems to be afraid to cross the halfway line, again solid enough.

The midfield did well and whether it's my heart speaking but L.Thompson was great, getting stuck in and passing the ball short and simple, great stuff. Ferry was up, down, left and right but hits the ball on the strike like its a cannon ball, given MoM and whilst there were others more deserving in my view Ferry seems to get it anyway if no-one on the panel can decide otherwise.

I don't see what Roberts offers and would rather see De Vita play, he's slow, wanders off position and generally loses the ball with no final ball ever. He did hit the post though but should have gone across the keeper.

The top 2 didn't really get in the game tonight and whilst the service wasn't great they play in each others pockets and at times go for the same ball and offer no channel play at all.

Whilst it's a bit of a piss and whinge we've just played the only unbeaten team in the FL and haven't lost and compared to the debacle of Saturday it's a good point.

Paolo on the radio praised players and the team which is good and has some targets in mind which given some players tonight we need. Although we do have injuries I cannot see how any of those injured (with the exception of Alan Mac) could add qwality to our team right now.

That just about sums it up quite nicely, plenty of positives to take from this evening
Dozno9

« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:43:45 »

That just about sums it up quite nicely, plenty of positives to take from this evening

Apart from your thread starting abilities.  Grin
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:47:14 »

Apart from your thread starting abilities.  Grin

Well, the form turned today  Smiley If the Ritchie thunderbolt in the first half went in it would have been another story. Got a cracker lined up for Walsall too  Cheesy I deserve a thread now the embargo has been lifted, the first time in my days of thread starting, and all these injuries never help
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 22:48:33 »

I must have been at a different game to most as I thought Sheff Utd were ordinary and were there for the taking but we were too shit to do so. Thier back 4 were good and the keepr was Ok but their midfield and front men did nothing. As much as Collins and Williams were in their centre halves pockets so were their front 2.
Louie, I thought played it simple and put in one cracking cross. Like his brother he's not afraid of a tackle. i thought Ferry as MOM was a joke as it was on Saturday. On Sat he was made to look very ordinary by a hobbit, today I didn't really notice him. I thought Louie had a much better game. Ritchie had a decent 1st half but not 2nd. Roberts was complete and utter shite and when he hit the post should have scored but delayed his shot too long.Collins and Williams were also dogshit.
Tactically we were totally inept hoofing it long time after fucking time.
I probably would have given Ward MOM - if only he could pass.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: