Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town FA Cup Rd 1 Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37821 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:34:35 »

Troy has come in and out of the team like a fiddlers elbow....of course he has had a couple of stinkers but also picked up the MOM performance a couple of times also...the same goes for Flint.
For a striker(look at Williams and Collins who have been pants in some matches) you can get away with it even in losing.....a defender or a midfielder in Troys case today will always be under scrutiny after a loss.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:37:11 »

Definite fishing trip going on there. Clap

I think the Risser reference gave it away.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:39:42 »

To be fair, when it came to tackling and winning headers, I thought Troy did an adequate job today.

With the ball though...

Things get better but they never get good
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:40:05 »

Troy has come in and out of the team like a fiddlers elbow....of course he has had a couple of stinkers but also picked up the MOM performance a couple of times also...the same goes for Flint.
For a striker(look at Williams and Collins who have been pants in some matches) you can get away with it even in losing.....a defender or a midfielder in Troys case today will always be under scrutiny after a loss.
Lee, most of the players were shit today and I was signalling him out for criticism to highlight PdC's errors, firstly choosing to play him in that position and secondly for not doing anything about it earlier. The guy was clearly out of his depth in midfield and it was fucking embarrassing, like Bambi on ice.

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:44:50 »

I know Herthab.
I am not having a go...just feel a bit for him after being dropped into the deep end as he was.
I like players who give there all.....he always does.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:48:09 »

He was absolute garbage and whether he was out of position or not, a player signed for £200k should be able to pass a football and find a red shirt. He was comical and I am sure if it wasn't for the price tag he would have been singled out after the match and not seen for a while.

Collins worries me aswell for the price we paid. A decent grafter but doesn't show real quality enough. Villa tuesday for example he never looked like scoring or even troubling them.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:53:06 »

League one player in not looking like scoring against a premiership team. Shocker!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:07:14 »

League one player in not looking like scoring against a premiership team. Shocker!
He didn't look like scoring against a conference outfit today either.

A kid yet to start a match for us didn't find it too hard....
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:13:27 »

For the record Collins has scored more goals against Prem opposition this season than Storey.

Storey has also started a game
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:14:27 »

My point still stands - we look to have been shafted with the fees for Troy and Collins although he has at least shown some potential.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:18:49 »

Your point doesn't stand at all so step down off that horse. Still early days for both players. £200k approx each is hardly the kings ransom and both have shown enough promise this season to think there's something there.

Troy's performance out of position today hardly covered him in glory but one swallow doesn't make a summer. Just like Collins' hat trick at Stoke doesn't mean he'll score every week. As proved.
Flashheart

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:22:02 »

I think they're all shit
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:23:34 »

Flint is having a bit of a bad run, but he has more then proven he is a capable league one centre back, and I don't think there is any need to overreact. I'm not too bothered that we played badly today as I think it may well be a one off after a long week and shit happens, if we play like we did against Stevenage and second half against Villa then we will probably win the league.  
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:25:16 »

Troy hasn't really had a consistant run in the team since he came back from the early season injury, he looked excellent in the first few games of the season. I think Collins is decent and has shown enough quality at times to suggest he could be worth the money in the long run.

The price probably was a bit steep for this level but its too early to assess whether we have been ripped off or not
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:26:08 »

I think they're all shit

Me too Flash. We lost. What the hell Supermario is on about I don't know. Fancy not over reacting.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: