Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town FA Cup Rd 1 Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37789 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:49:00 »

That wasn't very good... really fed up of poor crossing from the wings, strikers not gambling on the crosses that do make it in, and Gary Roberts in general, who for my money is fucking useless right now. As is Rooney.

Red card was harsh... well timed, strong challenge that won the ball. If that sort of thing is a free-kick, let alone a red, then the game is poorer for it. Also, if Flint gets an early bath, the lad who left his boot in on Troy should have too... y'know, it being an actual late, dangerous foul.

I'm in a bit of a foul mood anyway, so this didn't help. Neither did the hundreds of tiny children in the crowd. I know we need to get future supporters, but if they can only make it til 70 minutes before going home, needing the loo every 15 minutes, and playing on a Nintendo DS, you should probably leave them at home. Plus it means I have to watch my language... and being lectured because one f-bomb slipped out at the ref isn't how I want to spend my day. If you take your little darlings to football, expect that they might hear the odd choice phrase or two.

Troy isn't a midfielder, and I felt sorry for him. PdC should have realised his mistake and subbed him at half time.

Positives: Nathan Thompson, Ferry (bar finishing), Ward looking more and more assured.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:53:23 »

Haha who lectured you
Flashheart

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:55:12 »

and being lectured because one f-bomb slipped out at the ref isn't how I want to spend my day. If you take your little darlings to football, expect that they might hear the odd choice phrase or two.

You should have told them to fuck off.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:55:33 »

Surely that's why there's a family enclosure??!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:56:04 »

I'm starting my own matchday thread on tuesday

Things get better but they never get good
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:56:48 »

I feel sorry for the poor sods who went. Methinks everyone will be in at the crack of dawn for a 10 mile run in the morning. He wont be happy..
If they're doing a 10 mile run? Then I'll be there to jeer them again. What a waste of an afternoon.
Flashheart

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:58:51 »

I'm starting my own matchday thread on tuesday

I second this notion
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 17:59:28 »

Neither did the hundreds of tiny children in the crowd. I know we need to get future supporters, but if they can only make it til 70 minutes before going home, needing the loo every 15 minutes, and playing on a Nintendo DS, you should probably leave them at home. Plus it means I have to watch my language... and being lectured because one f-bomb slipped out at the ref isn't how I want to spend my day. If you take your little darlings to football, expect that they might hear the odd choice phrase or two.
Quite so. I take my kids to football. I choose to sit in the general areas rather than the family areas with them. I do so in the knowledge they may hear bad language. I tell them not to repeat it. It's called "being a parent"
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:06:18 »

I was concerned that after ten minutes we did not look right and the shape and balance seemed all wrong.

I could see that A-H was in the middle in the absence of Miller to "break" things up which he did, but he has no touch and his passing is woeful. Roberts on the right is a waste of time, McEveley is going backwards, Rooney no better than we already have in Benson (and possibly Storey) and Williams looks as if he is still trying to regain sharpness. Collins I have still to make my mind up about, De Vita flits in and out,

My view of the Flint tackle appeared that he got there first and their guy knew it and went down as if he had been shot, then plays on quite happily after some cursory treatment.

Their first goal was one of those that their player will hit another ten times and not get anywhere near the target but it was one hell of a strike, and as for the second I felt for Louis Thompson as he really tracked back well to win the ball then over-hit the back pass.

All in all not a good day at the office and our home results are becoming a bit of a worry.   No

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:08:08 »

Well, that was shite. The 3 players up front, Rooney, Williamsn and Collins were total wank as were Roberts and Devita. I had high hopes for Roberts and would certainly have chosen him over Holmes but he looks crap. Troy in midfield weas shite. Ferry got MOM but for me he was asleep for the first half hour and was then pretty much in the shadow of their number 19 who ran the show for them and was probably the best player on the pitch despite the fact he should have walked. The Flint sending off was a total joke - he won the ball cleanly and the ref couldn't wait to flash the red - very harsh. Ward and Nathan looked pretty good. McEveley got another stupid yellow, he really is thick. If PdC is having a go at Flint for being thick as shit he should include Jay in that as well.
Thier first goal was worthy of winning any game. The second was very unlucky on Louie who tracked back well and put in a great challenge.
All in all we were shit. someone else mentioned the quality of crosses and I agree we were crap at it today.
Fair play to Macc. I hope they go on to take a few more scalps. They wanted it more than us and they got what they wanted.
Sometimes you are the giant killer and other times you are the giant being killed. We've been both this season.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:09:05 »

Clap

I have no idea how you're able to understand and type it all up, but i'm very glad you can!
Thank you - Not sure that I get it 100% right though.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:18:30 »

Well done Macclesfield,enjoy your day in the sun,we have had loads.

Now for Tuesday and i have no doubt the performance will be better.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:26:03 »

Well done Macclesfield,enjoy your day in the sun,we have had loads.

Now for Tuesday and i have no doubt the performance will be better.

Can't believe you left poor old Boo to his own devices. He was talking to himself on Whatsapp
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:28:38 »

Can't believe you left poor old Boo to his own devices. He was talking to himself on Whatsapp

Yep,i think i saw some dribble on his chin and a nervous twitch in the eye as he walked past with his head bowed low.

jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 18:45:28 »

Their first goal was one of those that their player will hit another ten times and not get anywhere near the target but it was one hell of a strike,
I was right behind that & it took a massive deflection off of Flint, if it hadn't i reckon that Fodders would have had it covered.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: