Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cat Flap  (Read 5745 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 07:09:21 »

The next job on my list is to put a cat flap through the conservatory wall, which is 11" thick. I would have gone through the glass door but that would balls up the gas seal and lead to condensation. I know you can get an extension piece for the cat flap but it's only 2" wide. Anyone had to do this before, any tips?

Ta (as always)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 07:18:50 »

Just replace the glass door with one with a cat flap hole. We did that, cost us less than £100 I think, that was about 6-7 years ago though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 07:35:03 »

You could do as Ginginho says or get a smaller piece of glass and install a plastic panel in the bottom part of the door with a flap through.

My father-in-law can fit either if you need to get someone in to do the job.
Azza

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 07:41:08 »

At the vets the other week I saw they do cat flaps that work off the cats microchip to stop other cats getting in, I thought that was quite clever.

Mine just have that little magnet to open the cat flap which doesn't stop other cats getting in,
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 07:42:59 »

Thanks.

I was thinking that going through the wall would be more aesthetically pleasing (hidden from view around the corner), also it would cost less, plus I have a 12" masonry drill.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 07:55:15 »

get rid of the cats - job done
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 07:58:33 »

At the vets the other week I saw they do cat flaps that work off the cats microchip to stop other cats getting in, I thought that was quite clever.

Mine just have that little magnet to open the cat flap which doesn't stop other cats getting in,

Yep, seen them in the pet shops, not cheap.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 08:01:56 »

We tried that a few years ago, it worked fine until the little cunt lost his collar and basically battered his way through the catflap as it wouldn't open, leading to us having to replace it.

We just have a standard one now, never get a problem with other cats coming in, apart from the very first day we installed the it, I came home lunchtime to two startled cats looking up at the window, so I took a look and there was a random neighbour cat sat on our window sill. He was evicted pretty sharpish, apart from that no problems Smiley
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 08:17:28 »

We've got a Sureflap microchip one and it's brilliant - not cheap but worth the peace of mind if you live in a cat-heavy area, as we do... we've had it almost a year and there have never been any problems with it, only had to change the batteries once.
Azza

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 08:20:02 »

I didn't see how much it was but we had a problem the other week with our cat getting attacked by a Tom and he's been hanging about so I might invest if he carries in hanging about.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 09:03:45 »

I didn't see how much it was but we had a problem the other week with our cat getting attacked by a Tom and he's been hanging about so I might invest if he carries in hanging about.

We got ours from Amazon for about £65, much cheaper than in the vets surgery, which I think is about £79. 
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 20:14:56 »

I think 4d would like advice on fitting the fucker...

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 20:25:35 »

Maybe he needs a dimmer switch on it
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 20:39:21 »

[url width=400 height=273]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/B_Bumblebee/My%20favourite%20TV%20programmes/Flithy%20Rich%20and%20Catflap/10.jpg[/url]
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 20:51:31 »

Smiley

Hmmpph. Ask a few questions and you get classed as a dumbo. Only after free advice  Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: