Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrews fans gloating over our "crisis"  (Read 8702 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:04:50 »

i live in france in the winter, we like to tease a french girl we're good friends with by singing about what basically translates into 'big bitch trousers' to the tune of the french anthem.  1 month left here...

sounds like you're learning some really useful stuff, Kinky.  Make the most of your last month.
shrew

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:07:00 »

Like - paraphrasing you here -  describing us as a "very nice set of fans" - with sarcasm in ultra mode, thereby insinuating we're not well liked by your dear great uncle, neither yourself, thereby you think we're scum?

I dont think youre 'scum', I work with a Swindon fan who I get on perfectly well with and exchange 'banter' with, obviously he is gloating a lot at me at the moment as you may expect, I dont want Swindon Town FC to go bust either but as an outsider I do wonder where all the money is coming from? I have no axes to grind with Swindon Town, my great uncle does not dislike Swindon Town FC but I did watch the video with interest of the early 1990's C4 documentary on You Tube and he did get some stick? But many chairmen across the Football League do I guess.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:14:18 »

Fair do's Shrew, but it has prompted me to open a thread on thoughts of the chairman. I started supporting Swindon in 89 so my memories are sketchy of his tenure are the club, thought he got a raw deal, but have opened it up to fellow Robins' to invite their views. Regards
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:15:02 »

Quote from: Feedo Gnasher

It amuses me how they don't care about us, yet one of them was just casually browsing our messageboard (as you do...)

The above question remains unanswered.  Just how did you happen upon that thread, Dostoyevsky?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:19:12 »

The above question remains unanswered.  Just how did you happen upon that thread, Dostoyevsky?

Peter, got accosted by six of their fans at the recent match and visited their forum to see if any discussion was going on about aftermath of the game. Satisfied? At least one other townender had viewed the same thread. Do you never go on the Ox forum to see the melodrama of how they refer to us?
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:20:29 »

Peter, got accosted by six of their fans at the recent match and visited their forum to see if any discussion was going on about aftermath of the game. Satisfied? At least one other townender had viewed the same thread. Do you never go on the Ox forum to see the melodrama of how they refer to us?

I wasn't having a go, just being nosey because when I read that quote I thought, "yeah, I wonder why he went on there..." so figured I might just as well ask.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:24:40 »

I wasn't having a go, just being nosey because when I read that quote I thought, "yeah, I wonder why he went on there..." so figured I might just as well ask.

Fair enough Pete, was just viewing their forum to get to the bottom if this was a regular occurence at their ground, because it's not something i've experienced at away games before, keep to myself, but a group of their fans confronted me because they saw my red shirt, as well as other gripe that day. Did not form a good impression of their support.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:26:08 »

Shrews fans are proper nut jobs, sounds like you got off lightly.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:34:34 »

i never look on other boards unless instructed to by someone on here, i don't really give two hoots about what other clubs think about us and don't go looking to find out.

however i know a lot of people on here have a passing interest in what is being said on other boards and there is no reason whatsoever for them not to be interested.

when it becomes clear that that there might be something to actually talk about i might get involved.

i am stfc (the real one) through and through and apart from hoping the franchise, chelsea and oxford lose i don't really care what is going on at other clubs unless it directly correlates to our league position.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:40:20 »

Hello, I come here in peace, my name is Dale and I am the 'imbecile' (as claimed by that nice person Dostoyevsky) who is related to Ray Hardman, whether you want to believe it or not is up to yourselves but he IS my great uncle and he is alive and well, Ray was originally from Shropshire, moved to Swindon in the 1960's and moved back to Shropshire in the late 1990's not long after leaving your club, Ray has recently been involved with the Ironbridge Rotary Club and the Friends of the Ironbridge Gorge Museum. Please dont insult me again Dostoyevsky as it is not really appreciated, thanks.

Pass on our best to your Great Uncle, Ray will always be remembered fondly by some of us lot. He had a tough job to do back then, when there was little to no money about, relatively speaking. He did get a bit of stick from some quarters but at the end of the day he was at the helm during our most successful times and of that he should be proud.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 15:59:59 »

Sorry to the Shrews guy for doubting his honesty. Yeh, echo the sentiments of the above post, hope Ray will be told he's well esteemed by the majority here and hope his chairmanship here didn't take a toll on him because of a moronic minority. Sounds like he's keeping busy. Have a step sister who lives in Ironbridge, beautiful place.
shrew

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:05:05 »

Sorry to the Shrews guy for doubting his honesty. Yeh, echo the sentiments of the above post, hope Ray will be told he's well esteemed by the majority here and hope his chairmanship here didn't take a toll on him because of a moronic minority. Sounds like he's keeping busy. Have a step sister who lives in Ironbridge, beautiful place.

Apology accepted pal, I don't see him too often but I can always pass on any positive feedback through my parents who see him a bit more often than me, I've never really spoken to him in too much detail about the club but I've never heard him speak ill of the club itself I think he was just frustrated of the abuse he received from some people at the time, I have heard him speak very highly of Hoddle and Gorman.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 20:09:56 »

Met Ray Hardman on a pre season tournament in Nieuwdorp 91.
Must admit to giving him and Mike Spearman a bit of an ear bashing but in my defence, i had been on the lash for 2 days.
He is probably a nice bloke . . ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 20:32:48 »

I've always regarded it as an axiom of being a Town fan that you dislike and mistrust the Chairman...certainly with plenty of justification in some cases more than others...this is probably why Black got rid of Wray, liking and trusting the Chairman, doesn't sit well with Town fans.

I'm hoping Patey will revert to type...the fact that he's Scottish should help no end.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 20:38:43 »

I heard Shrewsbury are £30 Million in debt...

Not surprising considering their wage bill. I heard Collins had to take a wage-cut to join Swindon.

At least we got a bite on that from one moron  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: