Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury V Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 20548 times)
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 18:15:19 »

Paolo out, Ronnie Moore in
This
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 19:12:29 »

Overall a pretty dull game.
Absolutely cracking goal from Collins within 30 seconds, hopefully he'll push on and get a few more now.
For about 75 mins we were clearly the better team and seemed under little threat.  We should really have made it count with further goals but real chances were few and far between.  One top class save from their keeper denied a goal that most of us were already celebrating.  last 15 mins I was keeping one eye on the clock counting down as we were a bit backs to the wall.  At the end of the day Bury's performance was high on effort but low on quality so a deserved win and we could go home happy.
Can't say there were any stand-out performances today.  Thought McEveley was solid at the back, Flint was winning everything, Ritchie was much better than on Tuesday without hitting highs, am getting more impressed with Rooney and Ferry put in a good shift.  Poor Bessone looked even more out of place at left wing than at right back and consequently we didn't really pose much threat down that flank.
Home to see the furore over the transfer embargo - hopefully just another blip for PdC to rant about for a day or two and all will be forgotten in good time.

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 19:59:38 »

Paolo out, Ronnie Moore in
Joking aside, with the budget Di Danio has had I think he would have got similar results.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 20:39:19 »

Joking aside, with the budget Di Danio has had I think he would have got similar results.
But I think that the point is that PDC has got funds because he has drawn publicity to the club. That drawing of publicity has put bums on seats and Swindon constantly on Sky. I suspect at least 2 of the live matches on TV have been due to the DiCanio factor.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 20:49:15 »

But I think that the point is that PDC has got funds because he has drawn publicity to the club. That drawing of publicity has put bums on seats and Swindon constantly on Sky. I suspect at least 2 of the live matches on TV have been due to the DiCanio factor.
Has our income increased by much with him as boss? Dirt cheap season tickets which most fans hold and loads of money splashed on players makes me wonder. Gates aint gone through the roof.
 Granted he is a big draw for the media and i'm not anti Di Canio at all but he does come with a price. He's had a huge budget from the outset.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 20:57:57 by arriba » Logged
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 21:23:53 »

Great to get the win, not much else to say on the performance apart from the fact I felt we defended well when we had to. They didn't offer a lot and I think we were good value for the win. Ward had his best game for us today IMO and marshalled the back line well.

Hope the embargo stuff gets sorted!

#VivaKenBarlow!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 21:34:24 »

Has our income increased by much with him as boss? Dirt cheap season tickets which most fans hold and loads of money splashed on players makes me wonder. Gates aint gone through the roof.
 Granted he is a big draw for the media and i'm not anti Di Canio at all but he does come with a price. He's had a huge budget from the outset.

There was a lot of interest in off the pitch stuff (marketing, sponsorship etc) when Paolo was appointed. Don't know how much revenue that turned in to though, definitely an improvement though - companies want to be associated with high profile managers such as Paolo.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 11:57:53 »

how much is it?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 07:26:18 »

I suppose Paolo has brought a little bit extra in but I am guessing he is the highest paid manager in league 1 by some way and has also needed the club to make a large investment in his coaching staff as well as the playing budget.

Also Saturday proved to me PDC is some way off being poached by a champ/prem club.  I hope Wray give him a real slap. It's not his job to announce the club are under an embargo and shows he does think he thinks at least in his own mind is far bigger than the club.

wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 08:09:44 »

I haven't been to a game yet this season because of work commitments, and haven't even heard much on the radio.

I am curious to know if the fans are still doing the "Paolo di Canio" chant, or are the fans tiring of him?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 08:20:59 »

how much is it?
I don't know exact figures. Last seasons was high an:that will have increased significantly this season
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 09:02:45 »

No one really knows. All we know is we have a fairly competitive budget. This is based purely on the players we've signed since Paolo's been here. Even so it's still on 66.5% of our turnover and was presumably less than the magic 65% last year. Some people are making out that it's like the biggest budget in the club's history. Maybe it is but with these new(ish) rules in place i'd suspect we've overspent by far far more in the past.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 10:59:32 »

An enjoyable trip to Bury capped off with a 0-1 win.

Chicken jalfrezi with popadom and nan plus a pint X 2 = £11.30. That was lunch sorted.

A walk round Bury market which resulted in a purchase of a bag of oven bottom baps (big bread rolls) which will be the wrapper on a heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuge bacon bap to go with a plate of chips for me tea tonight along with a couple of Hot Pot pies which SWMBO and I had for dinner last night plus my first taste of black pudding- acceptable fayre.

On to the ground. Gigg Lane is a tidy little ground. Good sight lines from behind the goal if you avoid the stanchions.

Wes looks a little self conscious when getting young fan adoration. The look on his face when he turned round during the warm up to wave at the little lad down the front shouting WES!!!! Made oi larf.

From where I was sitting , the shot that resulted in the goal had Matt Ritchie written all over it and, until I saw Collins celebrating, I thought it was Matt that sored. This might account for the vidiprinter/ Sky cock up.
The rest of the game was OK. Some cracking challenges going in and Flint was on good form, which was a relief to see after his time out.

The noise from our end was pretty much the only noise during the whole of the game. Bury fans were woeful in their support. The 'Hard Men' in the corner near us were a bit laughable too, although I did hear that a mob of them jumped a young Swindon kiddie prior to the game. I don't know if anyone can back this up?

Ginger Steward got a bit of banter her way as did the Old Bill, all of which seemed to be taken in good spirit.

Overall, 3 points and good scran. Not to be sneezed at.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 11:10:52 »

Only just got back from this. Missed my train yesterday due to a ridiculous hangover from the Saturday night in Manchester so had to stop off in Swindon last night as i missed the last train down to Plymouth.

The game itself was ok made all the better by the 1-0 scoreline! Away support was decent although Bury were a lot quieter than the CG is!!

Good result, roll on Coventry

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 11:24:44 »

No one really knows. All we know is we have a fairly competitive budget. This is based purely on the players we've signed since Paolo's been here. Even so it's still on 66.5% of our turnover and was presumably less than the magic 65% last year. Some people are making out that it's like the biggest budget in the club's history. Maybe it is but with these new(ish) rules in place i'd suspect we've overspent by far far more in the past.
we don't need to know figures to know it's alot. I don't see this as a problem as long as we keep the same board and investors.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: