Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time to take your medicine little Robins!!  (Read 42734 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 22:38:10 »

Flat cap?

I prefer button mushrooms to be honest.

We have detached houses down south too
NorthernMonkey

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 22:47:43 »

I prefer button mushrooms to be honest.

We have detached houses down south too

What is a detached house?
Coca Fola

« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 22:49:08 »

A house without a moustache.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 22:49:54 »

Would have thought the foster home you stayed in would have been detached?
deltaincline

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 23:43:35 »

A house without a moustache.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 00:54:05 »

Correct Sir.

You must be part Northern?

Does Penhill count as Northern?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 15:53:47 »

You country types would kill to have just a fraction of my talent.

Preston is full of talented people. Nick Park, Freddie Flintoff, Cecil Parkinson, John Inman, The midget guy for inside R2D2, pnethor.....the list is endless.

Check this out,it just how i roll.

Sometimes you just need a bit of Thor
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 17:02:33 »

And a reminder that only 5/6 years ago we were in the same league as PNE!

Fortunes have been somewhat different between the 2 clubs since then. (Sadly)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 17:05:30 »

And a reminder that only 5/6 years ago we were in the same league as PNE!

Fortunes have been somewhat different between the 2 clubs since then. (Sadly)

Bloody hell BO, it was 3 years ago this May 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 17:09:06 »

Bloody hell BO, it was 3 years ago this May 

soapy tit wank, that’s laziness on my part. I just flicked through the thread and the date was 2012!

Ah the 3 years ago time that you refer to, I was drinking lovely Guinness in a pub on the Cork/Waterford border. As far as I recall nothing else of note happened that day!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 17:42:39 »

soapy tit wank, that’s laziness on my part. I just flicked through the thread and the date was 2012!

Ah the 3 years ago time that you refer to, I was drinking lovely Guinness in a pub on the Cork/Waterford border. As far as I recall nothing else of note happened that day!

Hahaha, yes on that day I had not long been out of a relationship and a Town win was my only real hope of perspective, to salvage something positive at that moment (how silly to put all my faith in a Town win at the new Wembley, third time of asking?!). Alas I remember it for more reasons than just the absolute no show.

I got the National Express down from my way to Golders Green, I met a guy from Chechnya that worked at the Station and was the most helpful person I had met in a long time. He was busy but was grateful for 5 minutes of conversation. I asked him how he came to London and in the leafy area of Golders. Aged about mid 40's his story was through tragedy and the First Chechen War. Much of his family were killed but he managed to get his wife evacuated. He said he had no say in fighting and saw things he can never unsee. When the conflict ended in '96 he managed to come to England, after displacement. Along with his wife and after much, much time they were granted asylum (although Chechnya was deemed in ceasefire it was still considered a war zone) and in time they were granted citizenship. He said, if he never had the opportunity to gain asylum he would be dead today.

The thing that struck me the most was, how thankful he was to be living here, to have  an opportunity to build a life. He was happy to be able to just breathe the air as a free man without having his whole life blown into pieces. He said he gets annoyed like most people but he never moans about having to work too long (his shift that day, if I remember was 8am -10pm). Simply because he is alive. I asked him 'Would you ever go back, if circumstances allowed?' and he said with passion 'No, I miss it, I miss my family everyday and I miss what it was like before the wars started (and then he had this genuine big smile) but I am British, to me this country gave me a chance to live and for me, I am proud to be a British man.'

I know I've warbled on but it was such a refreshing change to hear such positive stuff. Even after the match I saw him again and we had another brief chat (about the game, how crap we played and when he was finishing work). So yes, I remember that day but I remember this man fondly and it's that kind of perspective we need to have at times.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 19:23:31 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 18:24:34 »

Hahaha, yes on that day I had not long been out of a relationship and a Town win was my only real hope of perspective, to salvage something positive at that moment (how silly to put all my faith in a Town win at the new Wembley, third time of asking?!). Alas I remember it for more reasons than just the absolute no show.

I got the National Express down from my way to Golders Green, I met a guy from Chechnya that worked at the Station and was the most helpful person I had met in a long time. He was busy but was grateful for 5 minutes of conversation. I asked him how he came to London and in the leafy area of Golders. Aged about mid 40's his story was through tragedy and the First Chechen War. Much of his family killed but he managed to get his wife evacuated. He said he had no say in fighting and saw things he can never unsee. When the conflict ended in '96 he managed to come to England, after displacement. Along with his wife and after much, much time they were granted asylum (although Chechnya was deemed in ceasefire it was still considered a war zone) and in time they were granted citizenship. He said, if he never had the opportunity to gain asylum he would be dead today.

The thing that struck me the most was, how thankful he was to be living here, to have  an opportunity to build a life. He was happy to be able to just breathe the air as a free man without having his whole live blown into pieces. He said he gets annoyed like most people but he never moans about having to work too long (his shift that day, if I remember was 8am -10pm). Simply because he is alive. I asked him 'Would you ever go back, if circumstances allowed?' and he said with passion 'No, I miss it, I miss my family everyday and I miss what it was like before the wars started (and then he had this genuine big smile) but I am British, to me this country gave me a chance to live and for me, I am proud to be a British man.'

I know I've warbled on but it was such a refreshing change to hear such positive stuff. Even after the match I saw him again and we had another brief chat (about the game, how crap we played and when he was finishing work). So yes, I remember that day but I remember this man fondly and it's that kind of perspective we need to have at times.

I enjoyed reading that bamboo, it certainly puts losing a football match into perspective. Thanks for sharing.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 19:35:30 »

I enjoyed reading that bamboo, it certainly puts losing a football match into perspective. Thanks for sharing.

No problem BO, a pleasure. I'm of the opinion that this is the kind of thing we should be proud of as British people. Giving someone the chance to live and build something from pretty much nothing via no true fault of their own. That should make us petty damn chuffed. That a person would want to come and live here in our country and become a British Citizen. Give up everything they have known and be proud to be here. That makes me think 'Wow, our country is a great place. It offers so much opportunity. We have systems in place if the shit hits the fan' It's all relative I know but that relativity gives us the very perspective too. We need to be more proud.

What's the saying 'First you must be at one with yourself, before you can be at one with others.' or something like that. Anyway I'll stop before I get called a hippy.  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, April 15, 2018, 19:36:21 »

I drove.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 14:40:12 »

I got the National Express down from my way to Golders Green, I met a guy from Chechnya that worked at the Station and was the most helpful person I had met in a long time. He was busy but was grateful for 5 minutes of conversation. I asked him how he came to London and in the leafy area of Golders. Aged about mid 40's his story was through tragedy and the First Chechen War. Much of his family were killed but he managed to get his wife evacuated. He said he had no say in fighting and saw things he can never unsee. When the conflict ended in '96 he managed to come to England, after displacement. Along with his wife and after much, much time they were granted asylum (although Chechnya was deemed in ceasefire it was still considered a war zone) and in time they were granted citizenship. He said, if he never had the opportunity to gain asylum he would be dead today.

The thing that struck me the most was, how thankful he was to be living here, to have  an opportunity to build a life. He was happy to be able to just breathe the air as a free man without having his whole life blown into pieces. He said he gets annoyed like most people but he never moans about having to work too long (his shift that day, if I remember was 8am -10pm). Simply because he is alive. I asked him 'Would you ever go back, if circumstances allowed?' and he said with passion 'No, I miss it, I miss my family everyday and I miss what it was like before the wars started (and then he had this genuine big smile) but I am British, to me this country gave me a chance to live and for me, I am proud to be a British man.'

Makes you think does'nt it - and we worried about losing to Preston !.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 16, 2018, 14:47:15 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: