Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Owen Tudor Jones the non league Player  (Read 3356 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:46:12 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~692340,00.html

Im confused?

/
W56196272
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:49:42 »

Me too.  What happened to your avatar?  The old one of the man was so much better!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 16:31:35 »

Well its a classic King giving something  the big build up...only to be followed by the big let down. Don't know why he does this.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:36:30 »

Looks like he is under some sort of one month contract to Swansea although how that works I do not know as Bangor city want 70k for him.

Described on the Bangor site as...

Owain Jones. A tall commanding midfielder, Owain Jones made his first team debut for Bangor as a 16 year old.  His all action displays and goalscoring talents have attracted the attention of Premier League scouts. Bangor born Owain is a member of the Welsh U21 squad. A Welsh Under 19 International he has also represented his country at semi-pro level. In 2005, Owain toured Japan as one of only two Welsh players with the prestigious Middlesex Wanderers Club.  Dob: 15-10-1984.

Nicknamed lofty.

So there's our international and non-league inspiration rolled into one package.   To be fair reading a couple of forums he's been damn good for Bangor although what level that equates to in the league system is anyones guess.  Couple of Uni mates played in the Welsh top flight while studying and to be fair while they where different class to the rest of us they where realistic enough to admit they wouldn't get a sniff at a league club.

Looks like Swansea have him the bag anyway.  

There's always Gary Jones to look forward to.   :|

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:38:47 »

Gary Jones is going to Macclesfield.....
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:45:44 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Gary Jones is going to Macclesfield.....

Confirmed or prediction Reg?

I wasn't that impressed with the vibes coming from the Tranmere fans anyway to be honest.

They all wished him the best of luck and all but said he had the pace and aial threat of a pseudotriton montanus.  

I suppose the prospect of the board releasing a fee albeit under the 70k Bangor where after is a little encouraging.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:51:30 »

The board could of course be covering their backs to an extent that now if we have a poor start King can't moan that he wasn't allowed to sign players.

What's a pseudotriton montanus?

BTW its King on the official site talking of Jones to Macc.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:52:05 »

Well its a classic King giving something  the big build up...only to be followed by the big let down. Don't know why he does this.

To be fair to King he is under a lot of pressure to produce 'news' for the local press.I suspect he'd rather say nothing but speculation sells papers and increases interest in the club.

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:58:22 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

To be fair to King he is under a lot of pressure to produce 'news' for the local press.I suspect he'd rather say nothing but speculation sells papers and increases interest in the club.

I can't imagine the hack for the local paper produces too much pressure, having witnessed his shandy drinking in my local last night.

Surely though all it does is create the impression of an outfit drifting aimlessly when we can't outbid a club like Macc....who really are a small club.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 18:05:29 »

The next one will be the answer to his search for "an experienced hard man at the back and in midfield"  -  :shock: GURNEY
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 18:50:26 »

I can't imagine the hack for the local paper produces too much pressure, having witnessed his shandy drinking in my local last night.

Surely though all it does is create the impression of an outfit drifting aimlessly when we can't outbid a club like Macc....who really are a small club.

But perhaps the lads from Macc have been running their club properly for the last few years which means that although they are a 'smaller' club than us, when we are bidding for players like Gary Jones we are on a par.

I'm not exactly Kingy's biggest fan but I do think he has done pretty well this summer. I just wonder if he put all his eggs in one basket by going to Thorpe AND Cureton as opposed to one or the other plus Smith.  Not that I will be moaning if they get 40 goals between them, it's just that we're not that short up front are we?

ONE of those in addition to Fallon, Roberts and Caton plus Smith running the midfield would have perhaps been a better option don't you think?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 22:56:52 »

too much talk and not enough signings

Why cant Kingy shut his mouth, then let us know WHEN he has signed someone (ala Nicolau)

I'm fed up of all this talk about players left right and centre that we DONT sign
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 23:08:48 »

if he's a welsh international then why the fuck is he non league?
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 23:10:58 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
if he's a welsh international then why the fuck is he non league?

U19, U21 and amateurs!   Cheesy

J.D

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 23:12:10 »

Because hes only a welsh uder 21 international.
And he won't be playing non-league for much longer.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: