Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ashton gate  (Read 2081 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 14:43:24 »

Robins receive Ashton Gate boost  
Bristol City have received planning permission from the local council to redevelop the East End of Ashton Gate.
The club will now begin to search for funding for the project.

City chief executive told the club's website: "It's very good news, though we were always very confident planning permission would be given.

"Only one step remains to get the project underway and that means securing the appropriate funding. We're working flat out to achieve this."

When will Swindon BC realise the importance of an FC like the Bristol BC? makes me very angry, things would be so much easier if our council had a bit of brains.  :evil:

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 14:47:29 »

SBC don't give a fuck. plain and simple.

Surely they must realise that with a nice new stadium + funding can only propel STFC forward.
It worked for Reading, Hull and is currently going well for Doncaster and Swansea.

wish they would just pull there fingers out and let us get on with it

Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 14:49:14 »

I hope all at BCFC die of aids.

That is all.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:01:44 »

At the moment, as I understand it, the council are waiting for the club to sort themselves out with St Modwens, but (so far at least) the club have been pleasantly surprised by the cooperation they've had from the council so far. Doesn't mean that the council won't prove to be a blocker later on in things but to date they've done all they can to help, to be fair.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:03:16 »

have we done the sign the petition thing and send to council? not sure if i remember one going around on matchdays...if we havent we should, would show council that the project has popular support

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:04:55 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
have we done the sign the petition thing and send to council? not sure if i remember one going around on matchdays...if we havent we should, would show council that the project has popular support
I think the trust put a few around at the Sheff Weds game last season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:24:03 »

People who go around collecting money/signatures at STFC have no idea. They had a buclket collection and raised £300 from a crowd of 6500!

I'd show them a thing or two! How hard can it be? Get a person near each turnstile with a bucket and ask EVERYBODY who walks past to spare some change.

:wall:
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:37:46 »

BCFC are also selling bricks to have messages on to fund this. THe new bricks will then be used to build the stand.

Anyone got any spare change?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:40:09 »

What message should I put on mine?!

Cheer up Brian Tinnion...
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 16:07:40 »

I'd show them a thing or two! How hard can it be? Get a person near each turnstile with a bucket and ask EVERYBODY who walks past to spare some change.

offer your services to the trust for the next time they do it.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:10:47 »

Quote from: "STFCere"

The Trust did one last season - got 4000 signatures in about six weeks - which was the foundation of the motion that was unanimously passed by the council to work with the club to explore ways of redeveloping the County Ground or look for a new site. Which is what kicked off the current CG redevlopment process. At the moment we're waiting for the club to come out publicly with firm proposals then (assuming the proposals aren't completely silly) will swing in with lobbying the council/public campaigning to get the thing through. Probably won't include a petition though - the time for that was last autumn when we were getting the motion passed - but we will be asking people to write to their local councillors etc in support of the proposals.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 17:17:53 »

Quote from: "Whits"

offer your services to the trust for the next time they do it.

Spot on Whits. RFE's right - we'd raise more if we had people on each turnstile but if we only get seven or eight people turn out to do a collection, we can't do that. But as for how hard can it be - harder than you think if you've never tried it. When doing bucket collections we do generally ask everyone who goes past pretty much but you might be surprised how many people ignore you or give you a mouthful. To be fair, a lot of people have pointed out that they've already paid a shed-load for season/match tickets and they're a bit p'ed off to be asked for more. Which is fair enough, I suppose. Equally, a lot of fans are very generous.

And no we're not idiots, RFE, but like I said above it's harder work than you'd think. Come with us when we do a bucket collection next season and see for yourself (and bring a few mates, then we might be able to get closer to covering all the turnstiles!)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 30, 2005, 10:49:00 »

Maybe was a bit harsh, but last season there was a collection, and I walked from the fire station, past the TE and into the winners lounge and then later back round and into the TE. In that journey I saw ONE person collecting money and they made no effort to draw my attention, I had to walk up to them and give them my money!

Just the little things that would make such a difference.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 30, 2005, 11:24:25 »

R4E, your missing the point, if you only get a few people offering to do a collection then of the 5500 people on a saturday afternoon they aren't going to be able to stand out. They need more people to help with these kind of collections and not the usual apathetic swindon town fan moaning as opposed to being proactive and trying to help.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 30, 2005, 13:58:43 »

And how are we supposed to know how/when to volunteer and what it involves? I'm not the only one failing to be pro-active!

I turned up for every gaem at about 2pm last year. If somebody had given me a bucket and asked me to collect money for the club in it then I would have been more than glad to.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: