Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mobile phone contract  (Read 5406 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 12:04:18 »

Having had a company mobile phone for as long as I can remember, I need to get my own contract with my new company and claim back.  Any advice as to who are the best people to talk to and who to avoid.

I currently have an Iphone 4 on O2 PAYG and probably plan to stay with O2.  As I am in the Iphone camp I don't plan to get hardware at the moment with the imminent arrival of the the next gen Iphone in Oct, so am looking at getting a rolling contract until that arrives.  I will be travelling intenationally a lot too so I need to keep this in mind as I will be required to make calls, text and use data abroad.

Any advice or previous experience would be appreciated.

Cheers guys in advance.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 12:13:48 »

I would go for a 6 or 12 month sim only contract or stay on pay as you go to start with & keep your iphone 4, then you can get the new iphone when they have ironed out all the problems that they always get when they are first released & also you will get better deals on the tariffs as well because apple always lock the tariffs that you can get the iphone with when it is first released.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 14:01:24 »

If you want to keep your iPhone, until the new one is out you can go on the three network for £25 a month 2000 mins, 3000 text and unlimited data, all on a one month contract.
You can get cheaper for less bundles.
I suggest getting yourself a Samsung s3
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 3, 2012, 18:57:29 »

If you want to keep your iPhone, until the new one is out you can go on the three network for £25 a month 2000 mins, 3000 text and unlimited data, all on a one month contract.
You can get cheaper for less bundles.
I suggest getting yourself a Samsung s3

Have you ever been an Iphone user?  If so, why do you think switching to the Samsung is the right thing to do? bearing in mind I have never used any other smartphone than an Iphone.  Also what is the three network like coverage wise and with the Iphone?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 07:36:38 »

Yes, moved from the iPhone 3GS to the Galaxy S3 and haven't looked back.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 07:37:40 »

I haven't had a problem with the three network and I have Benn on three since Feb-12
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 14:44:00 »

Try GiffGaff if you only need a sim card for a few months

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 14:44:45 »

GiffGaff:

For only £10 a month you'll get 250 UK minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile internet.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 14:46:18 »

Not to mention the free calls and texts to other GiffGaff users.

nochee

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 18:01:03 »

Do 3 still let you use your Minutes bundle if you call another country that is operating 3?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 23:31:46 »

Yes, moved from the iPhone 3GS to the Galaxy S3 and haven't looked back.

Anyone else transfered from Iphone to Galaxy and think it's the better option?  It has crossed my mind.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 23:40:04 »

Anyone else transfered from Iphone to Galaxy and think it's the better option?  It has crossed my mind.

Definitely the better option in my opinion. Just allows the user so much more freedom than on the iPhone..

hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 5, 2012, 12:41:47 »

Went from iPhone to HTC desire hd - biggest mistake ever, will be going back to the iPhone when my contract is up
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 5, 2012, 13:01:49 »

Went from iPhone to HTC desire hd - biggest mistake ever, will be going back to the iPhone when my contract is up

Same, i went to the sensation though
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 5, 2012, 13:14:15 »

Rumour is that the next iPhone will be announced on the 14th Sep, no point switching away from it before then especially as iOS 6 is coming with it.

My only complaint with the iPhone 4 is the battery life. It would have run out after about 4-6 hours when I went up to London for the Olympics, if I hadn't started turning things off. Though I'd imagine all phones have the same problem as it was 3G, notifications and location services that were doing the real damage. Sorted it out with a battery case which adds 60% capacity and doesn't add much to the bulk.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: