Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: People's Expectations 2012/2013  (Read 9932 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 16:02:05 »

Being a bit of an anorak every season I go through the fixtures and see how many points I think the Town will get based purely on "we never get anything there, we usually do reasonably well there", which is not very technical but it is funny how it often works out. Looking back through the last ten seasons it goes as follows:

2002/3 - Me 61 Actual 60, 03/04 69 73, 04/05 65 63, 05/06 54 48, 06/07 63 85, 07/08 53 61, 08/09 67 53, 09/10 64 82, 10/11 71 41, 11/12  79 93 and this season I have us getting 73 points. Not sure where that would put us in the table but I hope that would put us there or thereabouts.
 Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 16:08:02 »

Some decent estimates there.  I think we were all caught out by 2010/11.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 16:58:42 »

From sunny Auckland I can only see a bright future for Swindon this year and for the future.
Gone are the worries of taking chances on journeyman players as with the Andy King's hit and miss plans.
We have a professional board who are making all the right noises and showing financial support for a manager who seems to get players either loving him or hating him. As long as there are far more who respect him. Where is the problem ?
We currently have a defence that showed others how to defend last year (although in a lower division) this has been further reinforced with a Player of the year from Exeter.
The midfield has the same players from last year and again there have been sensible transfers from Championship teams.
We now we have options up front with young new raw talent who will only gain from the experience gathered from manager..
I can't remember when the future looked so bright for STFC...
Trust me this club has the ability to make serious in roads this year and for the future especially with the current partnership of Di Canio and Wray in charge. Long may it continue.
Come on you reds.... Wink

I'm no fan of the Smoking Chimp but to be fair, that's had to be, through necessity, pretty much every manager's transfer 'strategy' up to now. When we've signed players in the past, they've been signed in the hope they would do well i.e your journeyman pro who certainly was good a few years ago but now, maybe his legs are gone, maybe he can do a job, maybe not - Gareth Hall, Gareth Whalley, Lilian Nalis etc etc etc. or your youngsters from PL or Championship sides who have not quite been able to cut it at that level but who have 'potential' i.e. Alex Smith, David Ball, Steve Cowe. The players we've signed this summer are expected to do well and there's no reason why they shouldn't - they all made significant contributions to their respective teams last season and beyond - and for that reason, they've not come cheap.

Essentially though, I'm agreeing with you 100%. Happy days!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 17:00:20 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Jackstfc

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 22:09:41 »

I believe we are broadly a "League 1 club" and I think we will do ok and finish 14th this season. PDC leaves just before Christmas realising the mountain is just too steep for us to dominate at this level and that winning is an essential drug for him which is in short supply here.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:40:47 »

Top 6. Nothing to fear. -+

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dazzza

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 21:22:12 »

I can see a wobbly first couple of months and then kick into gear around Christmas.  Hard to call where we'll end up.  To many other sides are hard to call at this stage.  The likes of Sheff utd, abomination and Donny all look like they could go either way.  I can't see any clear front runners at this stage. 

That said I think and hope we'll be sniffing about the playoffs come the end of the season.

Spud

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 23:15:25 »

I just don't want to go to Wembley again. If we got to the p/o final, i would give serious consideration to staying at home.

Agreed. Said after the JPT game that Wembley is a fucking awful day out now, and I wouldn't waste my time if we ever played there again.

fatbasher

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 06:31:34 »

Agreed. Said after the JPT game that Wembley is a fucking awful day out now, and I wouldn't waste my time if we ever played there again.

I agree. Especially as I now have to take my wife and son along. I reckon the JPT final cost be at least 150 quid all in. A day at home with plenty of beer decent food no parking or general transport worries etc etc. League cup or FA cup would be different though. JPT or play offs I doubt it.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 07:03:19 »

Yay. Let's have another thread moaning about what a crap day out Wembley is.

It's no place for losers that's for sure. No way I could miss it if we ever got there again though.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 07:07:31 »

Yay. Let's have another thread moaning about what a crap day out Wembley is.

It's no place for losers that's for sure. No way I could miss it if we ever got there again though.

Agreed. I will be there every time
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 07:44:42 »

-Tears
-Tantrums
-Turmoil
-Teetering on the brink of success or failure

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 07:50:35 »

Global domination
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 09:59:12 »

Gary thinks we are going to win the league!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18986495

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 10:22:41 »

Shit or bust for me.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 10:23:22 »

Shit or bust for me.

It worked well last season, so why change it  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print