Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Time for Connell to cut and run?  (Read 8334 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 12:46:12 »

This. Don't get me wrong, I liked Connell, I liked his work rate and he's a nice guy, but I was never quite as impressed as everyone else by his goal scoring ability.

Likewise, no issue with the bloke. Most players that were.. I don't really want to say treated because he wasn't treated badly... but if most players had his experience last year they'd have been kicking their toys out of the pram in no time. Connell didn't, he stuck at it and earned himself a champions medal, fair play, I'll remember him fondly but I don't think he'll be a huge loss.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 12:49:06 »

OK isn't good enough

He did work hard though, but he wasted more chances then he put away. Thats the reason why I thought he was ok.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 13:00:46 »

He scored some important goals at important times - if only he had taken that chance at Wembley

Don't dislike him or his ability - there are just better players.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 13:11:14 »

Why are none of you cunts arguing with yeo

Cheesy

Whilst I mean all the stuff I've been saying I only really say it to see how long it takes Flashheart to spring to PDC's defense.If he replies with in 5 minutes I have a double vodka,10 minutes a single.

I'm back to work tomorrow and will sink back into forum obscurity.

/
W56196272
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 13:17:33 »

Your trolling is becoming too obvious yeo. Must do better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 13:24:35 »

What, so we should keep him and pay his wages for a year just so that he doesn't score against us in 2 games?

No, when I said

...and if he does accept it - he will score past us next season.

what I actually meant was

If I had wanted to say

we should keep him and pay his wages for a year just so that he doesn't score against us in 2 games

Then I would have typed

we should keep him and pay his wages for a year just so that he doesn't score against us in 2 games
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 13:31:53 »

I wonder what his goalscoring record would be like as a first choice striker? I don't think he's league one starting line-up quality and that's a problem because he had loads of substitute appearances last season without really changing the game too much.

I'd be happy for him to stay but in league one he'd be a squad player.
I wouldn't blame Connell for staying here to pick up a better salary but he'll need to work his hardest to get into the first team squad and put himself on show for when he does eventually move. I think Paolo's trying to say think about career longevity over being better off for one year.

I do think Paolo is very honest in his interviews, too honest really. He's like a journalists wet dream, ask a question and you'll get more than the answer you wanted.
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 13:42:11 »

No, when I said

If I had wanted to say

Then I would have typed

Please clarify further
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 14:59:52 »

No, when I said

If I had wanted to say

Then I would have typed

Your responses are so sharp I bet you cut yourself on your keyboard.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Coca Fola

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:01:54 »

No, when I said

If I had wanted to say

Then I would have typed

I can tell that you take life far too seriously.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:21:46 »

Quote from: Berniman  ???link=topic=48533.msg1095163#msg1095163

He is entitled to his opinion, and some of what he is saying I sort of agree with.  Surely the pro/against PDC thing has been done to death though.  While he is being successfull, people will let him get on with it.  If it starts going south then there will be a few more Yeo's come out of the woodwork.

I think the statements in the press will become more and more tedious as the season goes on though.

Agree with this 100%.  I really don't understand the need for the comments.  I would have thought Connell is capable of making a decision on his opinions.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:25:17 by joteddyred » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:30:03 »

Personally i think that Connell has been a little harshly treated.

He never once threw his toys out of the pram when subbed even when it seemed he got a raw deal.

Not my favourite player by any means but i if he stays and picks up his wages then i would say fare play...he earned them.....unlike others who wimped off when the going got tough.

As for PDC's comments.....he gets asked a question...he just answers it...simple really.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:39:45 »

Not sure how this is harsh treatment.  Seems open & honest to me. 
"Thanks for your service last season; it's much appreciated but we're signing players who are expected to be chosen above you, so it's best for you to find another club."
No place for sentiment here.  As you say he could stay and see out his contract but that's not likely to be the best result for anyone.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 22:02:26 »

Connell himself ditched Grimsby after only a season, just as we're doing with him.

Coca Fola

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 22:15:47 »

Connell himself ditched Grimsby after only a season, just as we're doing with him.
That was his choice though, it's hardly comparable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: