Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Home kit  (Read 9497 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:16:51 »

The kit looks very classy.  A different level to the shirts that were produced years ago...but I agree the cost is getting a bit silly now.  You are going to see even more unofficial merchandise being worn to games, I would imagine.  The new shirts from the Washbag, for example, are very good.

TheWashbag Online Shop
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:20:08 »

yeah, perfectly valid points GR. And esp regarding the adult kit, I'm inclined to agree that you either buy it or don't. I think the kids' kit is a bit different because it's part of getting the kids into supporting their local club. I know last season one of my lad's mates who is a Town fan and so's his Dad, but Mum and Dad got him a Liverpool kit for his birthday because they could get him a full kit for around 30-odd quid, whereas a Town kit was going to cost them 60 quid. This season that will be 65 quid. So, yes, people can always say no to their kids. And at those prices they quite often do. Which is then another opportunity missed to have a kid going round in a Town shirt and taking pride in it and thinking of themselves as a Town fan rather than as a Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Whatever fan.

I hope that's not moaning, more pointing out that adidas' short-term profit (because I think the very steep price hikes of recent years are down to adidas) is to the club's long-term detriment in this one particular area. Overall, I really like the adidas gear, just wish the kids' stuff was cheaper.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:37:50 »

The kit looks very classy.  A different level to the shirts that were produced years ago...but I agree the cost is getting a bit silly now.  You are going to see even more unofficial merchandise being worn to games, I would imagine.  The new shirts from the Washbag, for example, are very good.

TheWashbag Online Shop

Some nice looking kit on there Ardiles. Bit expensive though. :-)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:43:21 »

Yeah looks good. I'm thinking that bib for me Paolo, what thinks you? Handy for pre game pub.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:51:51 »

Best hope nev doesn't see how they've spelt khaki. Or "hoddies". Blimey.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #35 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:53:36 »

yeah, perfectly valid points GR. And esp regarding the adult kit, I'm inclined to agree that you either buy it or don't. I think the kids' kit is a bit different because it's part of getting the kids into supporting their local club. I know last season one of my lad's mates who is a Town fan and so's his Dad, but Mum and Dad got him a Liverpool kit for his birthday because they could get him a full kit for around 30-odd quid, whereas a Town kit was going to cost them 60 quid. This season that will be 65 quid. So, yes, people can always say no to their kids. And at those prices they quite often do. Which is then another opportunity missed to have a kid going round in a Town shirt and taking pride in it and thinking of themselves as a Town fan rather than as a Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Whatever fan.

I hope that's not moaning, more pointing out that adidas' short-term profit (because I think the very steep price hikes of recent years are down to adidas) is to the club's long-term detriment in this one particular area. Overall, I really like the adidas gear, just wish the kids' stuff was cheaper.

I see no reason why the kids gear can't be made cheaper, even subsidised by a few more quid on an adult shirt
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:58:09 »

Yeah looks good. I'm thinking that bib for me Paolo, what thinks you? Handy for pre game pub.

An absolute bargain at nearly a tenner. Do you think you'll be ok with the Fitz Hall size though Sutton? I'd go for the apron if i were you. Will catch more of my dribble when i'm spitting over you after a pint too many.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:59:22 »

Those washbag prices are just as bad as the official ones. £36 for an off brand hoody?!

Things get better but they never get good
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 11:01:24 »

I see no reason why the kids gear can't be made cheaper, even subsidised by a few more quid on an adult shirt

Oi I haven't got kids and £45 is too bloody steep as it is.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 11:17:23 »

Oi I haven't got kids and £45 is too bloody steep as it is.

I haven't got kids either, would rather pay an extra couple of quid than have some poor parents having to get their kids a scouser kit because it's miles cheaper
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 11:41:51 »

Agreed, but my 12 yr old is in small adult shirt. So to be in a genuine kids shirt you'd have to be 8-9 of age!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:06:53 »

I'd agree I like getting my nephew a stfc shirt as I bring him to quite a few games during the season and have got him into supporting swindon rather than liverpool and man u that his parents support, but now when he asks about getting the new kit I'm going to have to decline due to cost and I'm not even sure that I will get a new one for myself, unfortunetly I think if stfc & adidas carry on getting away with these prices then it wont be long before we start seeing the £50 (or £55 for long sleeve) football shirt at stfc.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:13:38 »

When I was younger my parents didn't get me every new kit that came out. If I got one at all, it was usually as a Christmas present. And I lived to tell the tale.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:27:28 »

The kit looks very classy.  A different level to the shirts that were produced years ago...but I agree the cost is getting a bit silly now.  You are going to see even more unofficial merchandise being worn to games, I would imagine.  The new shirts from the Washbag, for example, are very good.

TheWashbag Online Shop
They should have spoke to the flash he would have done them cheaper for them.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:33:17 »

I didn't get as far as their hoodies.  But the T-shirts look good and are reasonably priced.  Just making the point that DIY merchandise - like you have seen for old style scarves in the last couple of seasons - is definitely going to be more prevalent/visible this year as the official stuff becomes more expensive.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: