Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Home kit  (Read 9489 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 06:50:14 »

But if you are going to change the shirt, at least make it different than last year.
It is.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 06:55:24 »

Not your average Daily Mail reader, it isnt. Wink
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 06:58:25 »

It is.

I think you are missing my point. £45 for a subtle change isn't right in my opinion. It's the same at other clubs. People just can't afford it. Kids will want it as it's the latest kit, so the parents have to fork out for it.

Maybe I'm just being picky and a cunt about it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 07:01:25 »

I think you are missing my point. £45 for a subtle change isn't right in my opinion. It's the same at other clubs. People just can't afford it. Kids will want it as it's the latest kit, so the parents have to fork out for it.

Maybe I'm just being picky and a cunt about it.
There's a limit to how different it can be though whilst still being red and white. Perhaps you'd be in favour of a spot of 're-branding' as the 'Cardiff Red Dragons' have done  Hmmm

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 07:21:24 »

Home kit is decent but it's the away one which gets my pecker twitching, thing of beauty.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 07:34:13 »

I was playing Devil's Advocate a bit there (damned fine pin ball game)

I do agree that £45 for a replica shirt is extortionate. You can buy current England shirts for £20/£25 (I can't remember exactly how much) and they're still making plenty of money out of that. I also think that bringing out a new kit every year is decidedly naff. When the Club first started doing that, they justified it by saying that the shirts would be cheaper, which they were initially but that's obviously gone out the window now.

On the subject of parents having to fork out to buy the new shirt for their kids, I'm not sure that is such a big factor. I remember reading somewhere that the main market for replica shirts was the 15-50 age bracket (or something like that - I just made those numbers up) These are people who can make their own decisions as to whether they buy the shirt or not. I personally don't think that young kids are that bothered about having the very latest shirt (I could be wrong of course). Either way though, no one is being forced to buy them.  The last time I bought one was '03 (just around the time they started bringing a new one out every year funnily enough).

With regards to this year's kit, I have to say, I like it. Looking at the kit as a whole, I am glad we have gone back to the (for me) traditional red/white/red. Also like the away effort. It's just a shame it will be changing again next season.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 07:39:28 »

People can always decide not to buy..... and my daughter is taught that she can't always have everything she wants in life.

I was going to buy one myself as a friend of mine went back home for a while so I was hoping he could bring one back for me, the home shirt wasn't ready at the time though (wasn't sure about buying the away kit)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 07:47:21 »

I'll wait for the tank top ...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 09:45:31 »

You best hope troy doesnt become his favourite player

Lee Cox - please stay.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 09:50:48 »

But if you are going to change the shirt, at least make it different than last year.

It is different and it looks better IMO. Get out the wrong side of the bed this morning Sippo?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 09:53:44 »

Having just read your second point though i do agree £45 is too much when your changing the damn thing every season.

England alternate and change home one year and away the next. Means there's only one kit to buy a year. Probably still wrong but a lot better.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 09:59:44 »

They'll keep changing it as long as there are people daft enough to keep buying them.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:03:58 »

I'd be less bothered about the changing every season and the eye-watering prices on the adult kits if they made the kids' shirts just expensive instead of extortionate. Say around 25 quid instead of 35 quid - still ridiculously expensive so more than enough margin even for adidas surely. And include the damn shorts like they used to. 20 quid for kids' shorts - WTF?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:08:55 »

They'll keep changing it as long as there are people daft enough to keep buying them.

Or until someone forces them to change. Pretty sure this was why England implemented their policy. They also have the dates on their's of when it runs from and too. i.e. 2012-14 for the new home kit.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 10:12:23 »

Why do people always have to find something to moan about? Fuck me a few seasons ago we were nearly going out of business ffs. We had a tin pot shirt with a tin pot sponser who's letters fell off after a few washes. A few years later we have a much better ran club, if you told me a few years ago we'd have an Addidas shirt with the likes of Samsung, Fifa and FourFourTwo i would have laughed you down. If its £45 then so be it, buy it or don't. And you can say NO to your kids, i often do if its too expensive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: