Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six years  (Read 4569 times)
china red

« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:17:53 »

do not move to Coventry

whereabouts in Coventry is the job? there's a lot of nice smaller towns just south of Coventry that are a far more pleasant option for commuting

Exact location not too sure but I guess somewhere close to Jaguar/Landrover where ever they may be (i'm not probably going to find out they are not anywhere near there)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:23:29 »

that's probably Gaydon then, quite a way out of Cov
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:24:42 »

The refreshing thing about the UK, when I come back, is the lack of McDonalds, Burger King (Insert your own fast food chain) 'restaurants'. They are 10 a penny in Europe so its good to see the health concious UK taking a stance.

It's not exactly hard to find one though is it.

china red

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:25:22 »

that's probably Gaydon then, quite a way out of Cov

TBH if its there I would probably commute daily from Swindon area anyway.  The third choice is to move to Sweden but at the moment whilst job would be good is too difficult to arrange from China.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:39:57 »

So moving back to the UK after six years in September.  What new and wonderful things can I look forward to in our great country?

Rain, potholes, slow traffic, whinging, expensive cost of living, queues, lots of reduced olympics merchandise, strangely dressed yoofs, league one football, crap music, awful telly etc - so nothing new really. Smiley

On the plus side - Oxford are still in league 2.

Welcome Home  Wink
« Last Edit: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:42:22 by 4D » Logged
china red

« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:43:57 »

So pretty much the same as when I left.  Other than we were league two (I left the day Denis Wise quit as boss) and the pox were in the BSP.

Oh, and traffic will be nothing compared to this place
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:51:33 »

Live in the cotswolds quite a few people live in our town and work in Gaydon. Chipping Norton half way between Swindon and work.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 09:04:34 »

I don't care what people say, I'm really quite fond of Britain.

Welcome back.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 12:56:51 »

TBH if its there I would probably commute daily from Swindon area anyway.  The third choice is to move to Sweden but at the moment whilst job would be good is too difficult to arrange from China.
Coventry to Swindon is okay, wouldn't want to do it myself personally but then I've got used to a 10 minute commute for the last year or so.

I'm moving to Norway in a few weeks, Scandinavia certainly seems like a good option for those who want out of the UK.
china red

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 13:12:55 »

I'm moving to Norway in a few weeks, Scandinavia certainly seems like a good option for those who want out of the UK.

I was seriously considering the Sweden job but in the end it would have meant me moving there and then the wife applying for her visa which takes 3-4 months.
kerry red

« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 13:13:52 »

We're planning to return to UK next year from Ireland - not really my choice but Mrs KerryRed is growing restless for the Fatherland.

Don't know if I'm looking forward to it or not - football notwithstanding
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 13:22:07 »

Coventry to Swindon is okay, wouldn't want to do it myself personally but then I've got used to a 10 minute commute for the last year or so.

I'd love to do something like that

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 13:32:56 »

Then get a job in Coventry!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 13:33:14 »

Find a foreigner, charm her with your English wit, marry her and bingo - you've got a residence permit Smiley
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 13:33:24 »

Smiley

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: