Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six years  (Read 4568 times)
china red

« on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 04:20:22 »

So moving back to the UK after six years in September.  What new and wonderful things can I look forward to in our great country?
tin town

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 05:00:51 »

Great country   Bad Mood        i would stay there brother.

I can remember when you could leave your back door unlocked
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 06:14:54 »

Which part are you planning to move back to?

Without doubt the single greatest thing to happen in the UK in the last 6 years is someone invented an egg cooker that doesn't use water. Imagine that, Eggxactly. Well you will have to imagine it because they still haven't got it into production. .But it will be great. And British. Oh yes.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 06:40:34 »

Well you'll be pleasantly surprised at Swindon's regeneration. The old canal's been brought back, lined with trees and euro style bar/cafes. It's got a lovely atmosphere during our indian summers.

The old college building has gone, replaced by a new complex, including supermarket, cinema, restaurants. Looking back it doesn't even feel like that college building was there, a real 20th century eye sore that's best confined to the history books.

The town centre as a whole has had a fantastic makeover, the natural wall by McDonalds is a sight you have to see to believe. As is the 'giant' screen, a group of around 1,000 people meet up at wharf green every Sunday just to watch the Eastenders omnibus, it's a great occasion.

Native Americans stormed the tented market down that way, so that's a bit of a no go area at present - although they say if you do risk it you can get some very well priced leather moccasins.  The council have tried to smooth things over by offering to rename it the Teepee Market. Big Wolf Sharp Arrow Leader of The Swindon American Native Society and soon to be sworn in as Mayor of Swindon has rejected the offer at present.

Transport wise the turnpike roundabout and the one down by the hospital have both gone making M4 to M5 (north) access a breeze, especially with the soon to be opened Birdlip tunnel, making the daily queues a thing of the past.
woolster

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 06:46:53 »

So moving back to the UK after six years in September.  What new and wonderful things can I look forward to in our great country?
there is a new system where people who do not wish to work get rewarded with large amounts of money, a brand new house with solar panels on that actualy make you more money, get yourself over here quick mate its all gravy, must go now as im one of the unfortunate ones who has to work Bad Mood
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 06:55:26 »

Where exactly is September,(apart from on the borders of August and October)?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 06:59:36 »

Beer is expensive, roads are still shit, weather is unpredictable.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:08:14 »

There are lots more foreigners here now
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:19:02 »

And Cameron and Osborne are determined to punish the working class and run them into the ground.  On the plus side, if you enter the country as an illegal immigrant from China you can expect a free house, phone and more benefits "than you can shake a stick at!"
china red

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:44:24 »

September 1st is the target date but depends on a few things such as the two huge dogs I need to get into the country oh and the wife too.

Hopefully will be living in or around Swindon but two possible jobs are based in Coventry and Chelmsford (wonderful) so thats still a little bit up in the air.

My mum lives right next to the old canal, interesting to see what thats like.

Oh and I hate eggs
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:04:46 »

Well you'll be pleasantly surprised at Swindon's regeneration. The old canal's been brought back, lined with trees and euro style bar/cafes. It's got a lovely atmosphere during our indian summers.

The old college building has gone, replaced by a new complex, including supermarket, cinema, restaurants. Looking back it doesn't even feel like that college building was there, a real 20th century eye sore that's best confined to the history books.

The town centre as a whole has had a fantastic makeover, the natural wall by McDonalds is a sight you have to see to believe. As is the 'giant' screen, a group of around 1,000 people meet up at wharf green every Sunday just to watch the Eastenders omnibus, it's a great occasion.

Native Americans stormed the tented market down that way, so that's a bit of a no go area at present - although they say if you do risk it you can get some very well priced leather moccasins.  The council have tried to smooth things over by offering to rename it the Teepee Market. Big Wolf Sharp Arrow Leader of The Swindon American Native Society and soon to be sworn in as Mayor of Swindon has rejected the offer at present.

Transport wise the turnpike roundabout and the one down by the hospital have both gone making M4 to M5 (north) access a breeze, especially with the soon to be opened Birdlip tunnel, making the daily queues a thing of the past.

Anyone who hasn't been to Swindon and has read this would think this place is paradise.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:08:47 »

And the cost of living and cost of fuel has risen sharply in the last 6 years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
china red

« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:10:41 »

Anyone who hasn't been to Swindon and has read this would think this place is paradise.

Actually having lived in Swindon for a long time before moving to chink land I just thought he was taking the piss.  
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:11:43 »

September 1st is the target date but depends on a few things such as the two huge dogs I need to get into the country oh and the wife too.

Hopefully will be living in or around Swindon but two possible jobs are based in Coventry and Chelmsford (wonderful) so thats still a little bit up in the air.

My mum lives right next to the old canal, interesting to see what thats like.

Oh and I hate eggs
do not move to Coventry

whereabouts in Coventry is the job? there's a lot of nice smaller towns just south of Coventry that are a far more pleasant option for commuting
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 08:12:18 »

The refreshing thing about the UK, when I come back, is the lack of McDonalds, Burger King (Insert your own fast food chain) 'restaurants'. They are 10 a penny in Europe so its good to see the health concious UK taking a stance.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: