Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122676 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 21:24:07 »

Whilst the reactions of some people are completely OTT, the problem is that mud sticks.

It's why we should have steered well clear of this from the outset.

I hope it doesn't, but the negative publicity could easily put off companies looking at sponsoring the club.

I don't think we are a big enough club for this to have a truly detrimental impact on us. You read the headlines and yes it does look bad with the way they are wording them but like all stories, they fade away.

For me, long term, I can't see people going "hey look Swindon Town are playing, you remember when they allowed a guy, I forget his name, whose drink driving killed two youngsters train with them over a summer just after he was released from prison. Scumbags."
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 21:35:12 by Costanza » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 21:29:46 »

Notts County have survived despite employing Lee Hughes, we'll do the same when it eventually blows over.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 21:45:08 »

Notts County have survived despite employing Lee Hughes, we'll do the same when it eventually blows over.

Or even Oldham who took him on while he was still in prison!

Once the England team start getting up to no good this will all be forgotten!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 22:14:01 »

Why the fuck have they even thought about giving him a trial...........there are lots of decent keepers out there who dont have the baggage.
DRS

« Reply #469 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 22:16:55 »

Tried to stay out of this tbh until all sides of the story had come out.

I think most agree that although he deserves a chance etc but i cant help wish in a way that this was happening elsewhere.

The one thing that does get me more than anything though is that i can't help but feel the club really should of gone about this a different way,i think for all the good our board has done it was a pretty poor effort to not at least contact the victims families first ad at least let them know what we are doing rather than find out through misleading headlines.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 22:25:52 »

The one thing that does get me more than anything though is that i can't help but feel the club really should of gone about this a different way,i think for all the good our board has done it was a pretty poor effort to not at least contact the victims families first ad at least let them know what we are doing rather than find out through misleading headlines.

I don't get why this should be the club's responsibility. Isn't there some kind of victim support system which should be keeping the families up to date on what is happening? Either there isn't or they haven't been doing their job properly as everything seems to come as a surprise and shock to them. Which is also surprising as he isn't being treated any differently than other prisoners being released early.

It doesn't help having certain sections of the media spinning it for dramatic effect, I'm sure it helps their sales but it isn't helping the families involved.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 22:28:46 »

I agree with jonny. I don't think STFC have done anything harmful to the family - it's the media who have misrepresented "facts" and created hysteria.
DRS

« Reply #472 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 22:31:08 »

I just think moraly that the family club of the year who happen to sponsor the very charity that was needed on that tragic day would of had the decency to let them know or at least not wait for this to be leaked out the way it has been.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 22:37:10 »

The Family Excellence Award is an accolade based on the matchday experience judged by a 'mystery shopper'. It's given to multiple clubs but we were just the best out of the bunch in L2. It has little to do with anything else (I think) and it certainly wouldn't jeopardise any future assessment if the club signed Luke McCormick (which we're not).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 22:59:45 »

I've listened to Wray's interview, yesterday I stated I thought he just wanted the player regardless of the shitstorm. Today after hearing his second interview and clarification I think he is sincere in what he says regarding rehabilitation. So I guess I owe an albeit indirect apology there (I'm sure he's following this thread). Still don't agree with his opinion mind.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:00:14 »

Whats mike parrys twitter?

Want to have some fun.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:06:15 »

Want to have some fun.

@mikeparry8
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:48:23 »

Parry was late to the show wasn't he?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:49:47 »

Want to have some fun.

How long will it take before he blocks you then? I give it until lunch.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Friday, May 25, 2012, 07:57:42 »

Wont be able to get on there until this afternoon, in a meeting all morning
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: