Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bodin and thompson  (Read 5446 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 05:21:47 »

Offered new deals.
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 05:28:06 »

Glad Bodin has been offered a new deal. Not seen enough of Thompson to cast judgement.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:10:42 »

Which Thompson ?   and indeed, which Bodin ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:30:30 »

Good about Bodin - I hoped this would be the case but started to wonder when he was sent out on loan again to Crewe.

Nathan T must have impressed PdC enough in training as he's had hardly any game time.
At 21 this must be his make or break time but it won't be easy with Caddis in his position.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:32:41 »

Great for both if them, although I do wonder if it would be better for Thompson's career to go elsewhere. I'm sure he has it in him, but he simply won't put Caddis out of the side.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:51:54 »

Neither have proved good enough this year, why will they be next year?

I know a lot of people like the home grown players and will bang on about potential, but they are not the players we need.

You can't get much better than Caddis next year so we only need back up, but Thompson and C.Smith just seem really poor subs.

Bodin is closer to being good enough, but he didn't play this year, he isnt the guy to get us 25 goals.

Fine to sign these players if our squad is big enough to have them as young back up to a first team squad. Lets hope it is!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:54:42 »

Last year was Billy Bodin's first full season in the first team - can't you see he might just get a bit better? This isn't sentimental - the guy has potential, he's versatile, and young enough to justify loaning out if need be.

He'll get an offer on the table from Torquay, which gives him an alternative. Also, if we are serious about O'Kane, we need him as a bargaining chip.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:56:47 »

He wasnt good enough to play for PDC this season in league two, he would need to get a lot better to be good enough to play in league one.

As young back up fine and to be loaned out maybe. All depends on budgets we have etc
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:24:33 »

Delighted for these two, Bodin in particular who I think can mature and develop into a really good player.

Always good to see young players coming through, two local lads also.
kaufman

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:37:41 »

Bodin has scored 8 goals this season, 5 on loan at Torquay. not bad for a youngster in his first season.
He has the touch and footballing brain to have an excellent career. Sign him on.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:42:40 »

good news. Both on small wages and Bodin in particular has potential.
How anyone can slate the lad who has had one season as a pro and done pretty well i don't know.
DRS

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:45:03 »

Bodin has played double the games murray has and only scored a handful more.Shame we were not so willing to give murray the same support considering it is also his 1st full pro season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:47:01 »

good news. Both on small wages and Bodin in particular has potential.
How anyone can slate the lad who has had one season as a pro and done pretty well i don't know.
I quite agree Arriba, but isn't it the usual way with out supporters and homegrown talent - we don't seem to want to give them a chance?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:48:16 »

Bodin has played double the games murray has and only scored a handful more.Shame we were not so willing to give murray the same support considering it is also his 1st full pro season.
That is a fair point Dean, although had we persevered with Bodin and either not had Murray or sent him back would Bodin not have scored a few more goals?
DRS

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:58:49 »

Could of done definatly yes just think alot of people forget it was also murrays 1st season.I would rather bodin but just using him as an example.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: