Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will I die?  (Read 3812 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 15:47:17 »

I don't really like milk but love a bowl of cereal of an evening.

Problem is that I can't be bothered going to the shops and I have a bottle of long-life skimmed milk which is dated 27/04/2012.

Will it be safe to use, bearing in mind its about a week out of date and I assume skimmed milk has almost no dairy in it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 15:48:52 »

Problem is that I can't be bothered going to the shops and I have a bottle of long-life skimmed milk which is dated 27/04/2012.

Will it be safe to use, bearing in mind its about a week out of date and I assume skimmed milk has almost no dairy in it?

Probably not...but do you feel lucky?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 15:50:39 »

You mean UHT milk?
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 15:50:55 »

If its still sealed then I doubt you'll have a problem. If its open it'll probably still be fine, if in doubt smell it. If its lumpy you'll probably want to give it a miss! I personally often have semi skimmed fresh milk in my fridge that's a week out of date and is still fine!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 15:53:13 »

You mean UHT milk?

Kind of. Its the foreign version 'ecreme' which basically translates as skimmed. Its sealed and in a white non seethrough plastic bottle. In the supermarket its never chilled but I have it in the Fridgidaire.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 15:53:39 »

If its still sealed then I doubt you'll have a problem. If its open it'll probably still be fine, if in doubt smell it. If its lumpy you'll probably want to give it a miss! I personally often have semi skimmed fresh milk in my fridge that's a week out of date and is still fine!

I like this answer! Smiley

DMR

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 16:02:16 »

A week! You mut be joking.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 16:07:39 »

Just think, in the time you've spent arsing about refreshing this page waiting for a reassuring response, you could've just popped down the fucking shop.
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 16:13:05 »

I occasionally buy skimmed milk for coffee and, just for the sake of experimentation, I had a bottle of Cravendale that was 6 months past it's end date when I threw it. It still smelt fine, but I wasn't about to start using it for my breakfast White Russian sessions.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 16:15:09 »

Just think, in the time you've spent arsing about refreshing this page waiting for a reassuring response, you could've just popped down the fucking shop.

Well I am still at work, for another 15 minutes so no I couldn't have!!

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 16:17:12 »

I'll let you off then
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 16:49:11 »

In answer to the original question- Yes you will die.

As a result of using the milk? Probably not.

Hope this helps.
kerry red

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 16:53:15 »

For Christ's sake - use vodka instead
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 17:35:13 »

I like this answer! Smiley

A week! You mut be joking.

Proof that it won't kill you this is the milk from my fridge! Anyone for a cuppa?!

* photo (8).JPG (87.67 KB, 640x480 - viewed 73 times.)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 18:40:28 »

Yes Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: