Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo's 11 vs WAA 11.  (Read 14083 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 23:28:28 »

Nice to see Jerel got a game.

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 23:38:51 »

Nice to see Jerel got a game.

Nice to see Jerel has finally found his level.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Coca Fola

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 23:44:39 »

Jerel Ifil plays in defence, team concedes 8 goals. Standard.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 23:58:53 »

Jeeeeeesus! What a night!! Truly was the stuff of dreams.

Picture this, sat in the dug out with 50 mins on the clock... Lou Macari turns to me and says "Get yourself ready son, you're going on for Fraser. Next thing I'm running towards a 'boisterous' Town End. I get my bearings (well... not sure I did actually... spent 40 minutes trying to get them anyway), turn and see Paolo bearing down on me... crash-bang-whallop and the gaffer has a hat-trick, then Kammy, then Shepherd... then Wyse! All went in an absolute blink of an eye. Sinmply amazing.

Always wanted to throw my gloves into the crowd. If it was your son I passed them to in the Arkells, make sure he burns them!

Great banter in the dressing rooms and - far more enjoyably - with the TE. Wouldn't have had it any other way. Tick in a life box being confirmed as a dodgy keeper by TE faithful!

Highlight of the night? Cleaning out the gaffer for Kammy's penno. Well, couldn't let him have a fourth could I!?

"Great save, Digby."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 06:00:50 »

Glad you enjoyed it.

You don't mind being a bit outclassed by someone of Di Canios ability do you?!
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:28:48 »

I absolutely thoroughly enjoyed last night. Just as I was walking back from food they opened the town end which my father and I thought we would try. Wow I loved it, the atmosphere was much better and the noise generated clearly picked up the game. I just thought it was for the most hardened supporters but to my surprise there was lads in there of about 10 standing on there seats singing all the songs pointing there fingers in the air having a great time. Made me smile as I thought there's the supporters of the future. Also experienced the respectful side of the town end when the "far bastard" chant never got going. So enjoyed seeing all those stars of years gone by. Great to be part of raising money for charity. As I walked home I saw some plank wheel spinning in the matalan car park. I thought to myself why oh why if u have nothing better to do why did you not go and pay a fiver and watched the charity match surely a much better use of time and all for charity. Stfc fans are league above these people and more proud that I'm now a part if it. Respect to all stfc fans and to the awesome town end.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:41:53 »

Jerel Ifil plays in defence, team concedes 8 goals. Standard.

Except he was on the winning team
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:42:32 »

Jerel Ifil wasn't that bad either.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:43:23 »

Jeeeeeesus! What a night!! Truly was the stuff of dreams.

Picture this, sat in the dug out with 50 mins on the clock... Lou Macari turns to me and says "Get yourself ready son, you're going on for Fraser. Next thing I'm running towards a 'boisterous' Town End. I get my bearings (well... not sure I did actually... spent 40 minutes trying to get them anyway), turn and see Paolo bearing down on me... crash-bang-whallop and the gaffer has a hat-trick, then Kammy, then Shepherd... then Wyse! All went in an absolute blink of an eye. Sinmply amazing.

Always wanted to throw my gloves into the crowd. If it was your son I passed them to in the Arkells, make sure he burns them!

Great banter in the dressing rooms and - far more enjoyably - with the TE. Wouldn't have had it any other way. Tick in a life box being confirmed as a dodgy keeper by TE faithful!

Highlight of the night? Cleaning out the gaffer for Kammy's penno. Well, couldn't let him have a fourth could I!?

You took the abuse well from the town end Mark, you and Juddie are lucky sods for being able to play.

I thoroughly enjoyed that last night, was a good crack.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:43:45 »

Micky Hazzard and Tom Jones were both fat and unfit. Jones looked like he needs a hip replacement, so fair play to him for turning up.

With that one sentence, you have crushed me!  (And we'll let the spelling mistake go. Wink )  Micky would be in my all time Town top 3, probably along with Johnny Moncur and Glenn.

Edit:  So how many went, and how much money was raised for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance?
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:47:04 by Ardiles » Logged
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:47:49 »

Best chant Of the night for me was "he's gone for a pint, he's gone for a pint, Jason roberts, he's gone for a pint" made me laugh and all the arkells stand.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:48:29 »

Best chant Of the night for me was "he's gone for a pint, he's gone for a pint, Jason roberts, he's gone for a pint" made me laugh and all the arkells stand.

What tune was that sung to then?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 07:50:33 »

Christian Wink
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 08:05:31 »

Sounds like it was a great night, particularly for Messrs Judd and Hanrahan!

I know Paolo playing gave it a bit of extra interest, but at the end of a season with a lot of extra games and expensive away trips, to have a turnout for a charity game higher than the average attendance of 11 teams in the division is a cracking effort. Our support really has been excellent this year.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 09:09:22 »

What a cracking night, good to see a lot of people who look like they don't go to the game very often so hopefully it will have attracted some new supporters.

As previous folk have said, the attmosphere picked up when the Town End opened, which was a good move from the organisers.

The one downside was I got back to my car to find I had left the sunroof open so had a soggy arse going back up the M6  Doh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: