Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Curly Withers  (Read 11733 times)
DMR

« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:38:44 »

Heh heh.

Curly.
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:39:06 »

I don't know what the qualification  period is smart arse but Cady didn't pass it.

Fuck me.

Why all so defensive about some physio that had really not been here for that long? PDC thought she was not up to the job so he got rid. Would people prefer that he decided to continue working with somebody he felt didn't cut it?

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:42:00 »

I guess you never saw her bouncing on to the pitch? It was quite a sight.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:43:36 »

kate had been with the club for a few years and is highly qualified. She was dealt with badly even if she wasn't wanted
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:45:13 »

If PDC felt she wasn't up to the job, then what else should he have done?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:46:01 »

kate had been with the club for a few years and is highly qualified. She was dealt with badly even if she wasn't wanted

Stop being a smart arse arriba Smiley

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:51:23 »

I hope i'm not coming across as anti Di canio as i am not. The gist was really that for every Curly Withers there is a Kate Cady.
Football is a brutal business from the board room to the boot room. I think some have been a bit blinkered of the facts thats all
DRS

« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:53:24 »

It happens at every club we are not unique are we.Our fitness team this year has worked our youth team hasn't.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:02:03 »

Amen to that!
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:23:55 »

There's not much incentive these days to invest in youth, mainly down to that agreement between the PL and FL.

A part of me is happy we underinvest in youth and spend on getting the best first teamers we can. I'd hate it if we spend loads and overhall the youth system, find some talented lads only for them to fuck of to Man U for bugger all.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:51:36 »

I always felt it was a slight embarrassment for the club to see her jogging onto the pitch, seemed to take ages to reach the stricken player.  I understood she was still within the set-up, unless she has moved on recently.  I don't quite get the Withers love-in either, he comes in on a matchday and makes tea - and has done for 30 years.  I well remember people like John Cook who stood outside the ground for years selling programmes in all winds and weathers - until the big fat greek took over producing, printing and selling the programme.  The guy was distraught at losing his little job at the CG, for no pay, just a match ticket and miss the first 10 minutes of any game.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:52:07 »

It happens at every club we are not unique are we.Our fitness team this year has worked our youth team hasn't.

2 players from a possible 7 given pro contracts and a first year schoar training full time with the first team squad doesn't point to something not working imo.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:40:30 »

2 players from a possible 7 given pro contracts and a first year schoar training full time with the first team squad doesn't point to something not working imo.
Wasn't Dave Byrne working to a target of "two per year, one to play, one to sell" as a definition of success? I'm with arriba, the youth seem to be doing fine. But Di Canio clearly wants his own people in place in every dept so like Cady, Bodin will be on his way this summer, irrespective of whether he's meeting the targets set.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:53:53 »

The youth setup shouldn’t be within PdC’s jurisdiction, or not to the extent where he can overhaul it. If it brings his on people in then they’ll end up buggering off when PdC does too! With the youth setup there has to be a long-term strategy that has the power to outlast several managers
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:57:30 »

I think there's a big difference between the club tea-man and anything to do with the playing side of the business.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: