Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Baxi Boiler Help  (Read 39845 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 07:31:24 »

Dear TEF,

I have a Baxi boiler, which seems to have stopped working - the pilot light is out and I don't know how to Re-light it! There is a dial that is like a volume knob on a stereo showing a gradual increase; at the start of the dial is a "0" then a "*" before the "increasing bars". I know I have described that pretty well so I'm sure you'll be able to help me suss out what's wrong and what I need to do. Smiley

Ta.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 07:36:09 »

Call a plumber
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 08:13:21 »

If your pilot light has gone out its normally not because the wind blew it out... The pilot light will go out when the boiler identifies a problem and the common faults depend on the type of boiler.  So, first question is it a combi boiler (does it heat up the water as you use it or does it have a hot water tank in an airing cupboard)

Second question is does it have gauge showing the heating systems water pressure?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 08:34:03 »

dont know if all at the same but my combi boiler has a red reset button if you take the front panel off. this button shuold always be pushed down, sometimes it pops up so you just push it down.

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 08:41:42 »

It's a standard boiler, not a combi or a condenser. There is no ignition button, just a "volume" knob which clicks off at "0", then the "*" then increasing from low to high. There are approx 4 or 5 led lights all of which are out. I do have a homecare package for it but I don't want to call them out if it's something as simple as turning a dial. I don't want to look like a twat any more than I have to.  Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:32:27 »

I have a baxi which has a ignition button for when the pilot goes out. I'd google the number of the bolier and the fualt and see what that comes up with.
You shouln't need an engineer out for that unless you aint had it regularly serviced
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:37:02 »

I have a baxi which has a ignition button for when the pilot goes out. I'd google the number of the bolier and the fualt and see what that comes up with.
You shouln't need an engineer out for that unless you aint had it regularly serviced

It was last serviced in May 2011, and regularly serviced before that. I'll find the model number out later and give that a go.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 13:52:21 »

My guess I'd you need a new thermocouple but best get a man in

WR5

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 13:52:58 »

*is ( bloody iPhone)

Don Rogers moustache

I bleed Red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 21:52:07 »

Sorry I aint being funny,have you got gas? and is the electric switch on?

There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.

That word is ENGLAND!!!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 22:54:33 »

Roll Eyes
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 09:30:38 »

Update - it's a Baxi Solo 3 50 PF - GC Number is 41 075 06
I have read on some forums that you are supposed to turn the dial to 0 and wait for 30 seconds, then turn the dial back to ON. Anyone had/have a boiler like this?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 09:45:48 »

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
This boiler does not have a pilot light,it works through electronic ignition.If you turn the t/stat knob to the zero position and leave for 30 seconds that will reset the boiler.When you turn it back on and it does not ignite you must have a faulty component or a choked injector.Check the gas supply is ok,if so then you will have to call the corgi man.

try it.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 10:00:57 »

Update - it's a Baxi Solo 3 50 PF - GC Number is 41 075 06
I have read on some forums that you are supposed to turn the dial to 0 and wait for 30 seconds, then turn the dial back to ON. Anyone had/have a boiler like this?
I had one of these and because of the hard water in our area the heat exchange plate was pretty much blocked up. They are easy enough to change, just a couple of screws but it may effect your service warrantee if you do it yourself. The boiler got to the stage where it wouldn't fire up until the exchanger was replaced. You could probably rule this fault out if you still had the normal amount of pressure from your hot taps though. I changed the plate twice in two years at £95 a go so in the end had a new Worcester combi fitted which is brilliant.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 10:19:17 »

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
This boiler does not have a pilot light,it works through electronic ignition.If you turn the t/stat knob to the zero position and leave for 30 seconds that will reset the boiler.When you turn it back on and it does not ignite you must have a faulty component or a choked injector.Check the gas supply is ok,if so then you will have to call the corgi man.

try it.

Will do!

I had one of these and because of the hard water in our area the heat exchange plate was pretty much blocked up. They are easy enough to change, just a couple of screws but it may effect your service warrantee if you do it yourself.

Won't do! Smiley could =  Blow Up   Rain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: