Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: official site  (Read 2009 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 16:30:03 »

personally, i am ashamed of our official web site, another indication of a poorly run club. the squad details are not upto date, and some of the details of current players are sketchy and incomplete. WE DESERVE BETTER AS LOYAL SUPPORTERS :evil:

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 17:22:54 »

Don't think they are entirely to blame as the site provided by another company.

Vast improvement on the old effort that got updated once every 2 years.

Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 17:24:13 »

"provided by another company" ... yes, Premium TV.  But, that having been said, the person that MAKES the site works at the County Ground...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 17:25:10 »

It's been bang up-to-date with the tour though, perhaps we are seeing a change...
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 17:41:55 »

I once went for the job to take over from Chris Judd doing this .. but in the end they never filled the post and he still does an equally bad job as he used to do
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 17:47:47 »

I read all the news on here. You guys are much faster (and usually more reliable!) than the official site
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 21:06:15 »

Wasnt 'bringbackshearer' something to do with it?

I wonder where he went I liked his nerdy out look.

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 21:47:39 »

I personally don't think its that bad. As Kinky Tom mentioned seem update with the tour..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 22:25:39 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I once went for the job to take over from Chris Judd doing this .. but in the end they never filled the post and he still does an equally bad job as he used to do

I think Chris Tanner does it. I went to Sheff Wed away with his old man.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 23:50:23 »

i think u guys have missed my point. a firm honours itself on public image; therefore, if it out-sources it advertising (as has stfc wit the website) it should ensure that it its image and info promotes the club as a professional organisation, and should ensure that its sub-contractor promotes this image properly. It is obvious from the offical website that there are serious problems at the top level of STFC something that we should all be very,very concerned about.

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 08:14:02 »

Not really because every football league site is the same ,the contract was sold as a package for the football league.Its fine.

/
W56196272
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 08:33:05 »

Yep, ours is no better or worse than the other 70-odd clubs who signed up to premium tv.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 09:39:57 »

To be fair the design and everything else of the site is done by Premium TV which was a deal negotiated nationally by the Football League which all clubs have to use them. The only thing Chris Tanner can do is add content into pre-defined templates and like most of the staff at the club this is just one of about 800 other jobs he's expected to do as non-playing staff have been cut right back over the past couple of years. Within that context, I don't think our website is any worse than a lot of clubs and it's better than many - official sites are always a bit bland and adonyne anyway. That's the same at all clubs (and most businesses)
fatbury

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 09:50:43 »

What we need is an official unofficial site ... like this one!!

With those HTFC type reports .. that is a very good unofficial website
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 11:57:44 »

point taken guys perhaps i shouldnt be 2 harsh about the issue then  Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: