Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Message to pdc on Tuesday night  (Read 6273 times)
hanneyred

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 18:04:25 »

I suggest all that are there on Tuesday night, as soon as the game kicks off a minutes applause for sir dicanio and his mum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 18:15:07 »

bad idea
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 18:19:23 »

That sort have thing has to be done by the club with the blessing of PDC, not spontaneously by fans. In my opinion, obviously.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 18:25:57 »

I imagine if anything he would want us to to direct our entire vocal support towards the team.

The standard Paolo chants are enough for him to know how highly we think of him.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 18:34:24 »

bad idea

Agreed, let the man do his own thing
corner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 19:00:07 »

the best thing to do is sell out all remaing tickets to all swindon games.
Barry Scott

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:25:02 »

bad idea

I agree, the idea of some ill-thought-out clapping feels a bit cringey and inappropriate.

For a start we didn't know his parents, so clapping or black armbands is over the top and not a good way to show our feelings - it seems lacking in taste. Our feelings are sympathy towards Paolo's pain, and acknowledging his strength and professionalism. Lets not do something that seems almost brash and completely at odds with a man who's shown real dignity in the face of immense pain.

If we do anything it should be befitting of the man. And that in my opinion, as others have said, is showing up, showing our support for the team and singing his name.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:40:33 »

I agree, the idea of some ill-thought-out clapping feels a bit cringey and inappropriate.

For a start we didn't know his parents, so clapping or black armbands is over the top and not a good way to show our feelings - it seems lacking in taste. Our feelings are sympathy towards Paolo's pain, and acknowledging his strength and professionalism. Lets not do something that seems almost brash and completely at odds with a man who's shown real dignity in the face of immense pain.

If we do anything it should be befitting of the man. And that in my opinion, as others have said, is showing up, showing our support for the team and singing his name.

this
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 22:12:55 »

This what to do for the best discussion  may be taken out of our hands, www.shotsweb.co.uk plenty of shots fans have suggested and would welcome a minutes silence for both Paolo's mum and the young Italian player. If Paolo is asked for his consent to this and he says yes then we will know its the right thing. Interesting views also about whether or not we will try to invade the pitch if we win the title on Tuesday.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 08:46:17 »

I have heard from a friend who works at Aldershot FC who say they are considering a minutes silence as respect for Mrs Di Canio.

If they do so then they will have my utmost respect, what a lovely gesture from a family club.

They will always have a soft spot in my memory after we went there in our first game as Champions under Macari in 85-86 and the players ran out to We are the Champions by Queen, a fantastic feeling for the 2,500 travelling fans that night and all their players applauded our players onto the pitch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 09:41:20 »

Interesting views also about whether or not we will try to invade the pitch if we win the title on Tuesday.

I imagine it will be the same as when Charlton clinched at Carlisle on Saturday.

Few fans on pitch
Fans cleared from pitch
Players & staff come back out
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 12:46:36 »

I have heard from a friend who works at Aldershot FC who say they are considering a minutes silence as respect for Mrs Di Canio.

If they do so then they will have my utmost respect, what a lovely gesture from a family club.

If there is a 1 minutes silence,let both sets of fans show those horrible Chelsea fans,that the real football fans in the football league know how to observe such occasions.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 12:52:30 »

Can I ask, how does everyone know it was Chelsea fans yesterday and not Spurs ?
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 12:54:49 »

Can I ask, how does everyone know it was Chelsea fans yesterday and not Spurs ?

Chelsea FC issued an apology on their website yesterday evening and condemned the fans that
did this,saying that they 'embarrassed' the club.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:03:35 »

Cant get this earworm out of my head...

Mama Di Canio
You can be proud now
Paolos won promotion
with Swindon townio
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: