Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So Apart From......  (Read 2252 times)
CARTMAN

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 23:24:24 »

a fu*ked up pitch  Sad , does anyone actually know what the club got from the elton john concert? because with the money we recieved for parkin, the wage budget slahed with the number of players released, and the concert,we should have a fair amount left to sign up the players kingy needs, but alas he still has to go begging to the board to get the players we need to challenge for promotion and with that more money.

we have the makings of a very good team this season and the board seem determined to stop this club progressing
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 23:41:05 »

Were still making losses and most of the cash will have been used to back pay debts accrued over the summer.  What's left will probably be pumped into operating costs for the next 12 months.

Plus we where recently late with a CVA payment, which could have meant a winding up order being served.  Rumour mill has it this was part of a undisclosed transfer ban from the FA at the start of the summer.

Sir Seton Wills is also reportedly injecting a 750k cash injection.  Seems like a hell of a lot, after the concert and Parkin fee even with the CVA of 100k needing to be paid off.

Doubt the club has seen the Parkin cash quite yet.  

Couple more decent players would likely add 100k on the wage bill and I suspect the board are being as cautious as possible at present with the Stadium Development a bit up in the air.

CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 23:56:26 »

but a couple of decent players would surely bring in more people to the county ground. better players make a better team and more people will watch a better team ( i'm certain we didn't get 5,500 - 6,000 when we were in the play-off places) so that would pay for itself.
i know sir seton payed the club 750k so all the money we get for parkin will go straight to him, but this bloody concert seems to have been a very bad idea as we are no better off than if we had a few home friendlies
Spud

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 00:01:32 »

Thanks for nothing Elton you big fat cunt. I knew we should have played a couple of high profile friendlies instead. Crying
CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 00:04:46 »

i just miss the townend its been 3 long long months  Crying
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 00:08:52 »

To be fair we made more from Elton than we'd make from a couple of friendlies. About £80k it was supposed to be.
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 01:15:42 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
To be fair we made more from Elton than we'd make from a couple of friendlies. About £80k it was supposed to be.

You forgot to mention the fucked up pitch!.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 13:04:50 »

triceratops mentioned something about an insurance claim for the pitch
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 14:49:36 »

the club should be doing more during the summer months to bring in extra £! more concerts, perhaps kids tournaments? private parties + conferences, errr hmmm maybe something else 2....!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 15:02:00 »

The club should be doing anything and EVERYTHING to bring in money, but it just isn't happening! Something needs to be done to show the board that you need fundraisers to raise funds!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 15:05:22 »

thats part of idea with the new stadium, it will give us better facilites to allow us to make money when its not matchday

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 15:08:37 »

they are hoping someone from the townend is a lottery winner and is willing to make a sizeable donation  Wink
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 15:09:31 »

hmm.... better get gambling then!
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 15:30:15 »

I better start doing the lottery then.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 11:42:40 »

Quote from: "Whits"
thats part of idea with the new stadium, it will give us better facilites to allow us to make money when its not matchday

True, but we are looking at 2 years minimum, even if it gets the go ahead, so we need something in the meantime and I can't help but think we don't use the facilities we have now to their fullest extent.

The concourse in the Nationwide Stand is a barren land, apart from a few burger windows, why can't someone come up with more interesting ways to use this space (either more/different facilities for matchdays, or section areas off an let them).  How many businesses could benefit from being situated in the ground - fast food, coffe shop, sports retailer, family pub etc etc?  if we can't use the space we have now, why would we expect the revnue to just fall into our laps once we redevelop?

ps, I'm all for the redevelopment by the way, but I'd like us to get an experienced Property Manager in.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: