Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills away  (Read 97853 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:09:12 »

If they play their cards right, the Adver/BBC wilts could make the most of this.

Remember the sabutteo gimmick when Southampton (?) were charging for photos

Are you suggesting we play the game with subbuteo players?
I like that.

We could have a subbuteo crowd too

[url width=500 height=375]http://static.flickr.com/3310/3416792933_8900e42b1c.jpg[/url]
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:09:58 »

It's because rugby doesn't matter as much and rugby fans don't care as much.

Don't think that's true. I've played and watched a lot of both sports and I think the difference is simply due to a culture of respect. If you play rugby you know there is quite a high risk of injury and you expect to come off the field bruised and battered at the very least. Your team mates expect you to put your body on the line for them and you expect it from them too.That's just part of the game but the fact that you accept the risks and still play the game you love does breed a level of respect amongst both players and supporters. Respecting opponents doesn't mean winning or losing matters any less.

I've seen grown men cry watching both sports and, in my experience, the utter dejection in a rugby changing room after a defeat is absolutely no different to that of a football team.

Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:10:18 »

Are you suggesting we play the game with subbuteo players?
I like that.

We could have a subbuteo crowd too

[url width=500 height=375]http://static.flickr.com/3310/3416792933_8900e42b1c.jpg[/url]

Complete with riot police, fuck yeah
sn5_red

« Reply #273 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:15:58 »

i cant tell which fans have purchased gillinghams home or away kit for next year Hmmm
Dozno9

« Reply #274 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:23:17 »

Book him...

[url width=450 height=300]http://www.radiomagnetic.com/images/shows/current_view/lego_police.jpg[/url]
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:38:42 »

It's because rugby doesn't matter as much and rugby fans don't care as much.  How the fuck can anyone applaud the opposition scoring a try against your team I'll never know.  Every goal the opposition scores against us is painful, couldn't care how 'good' it is.  All opposition goals are shit.

Paul Scally is a disgrace, pay up or fuck off.
Pikey Scully is trying it on , hes hoping that we might make a donation to his Fuzz Fund so it dont come out of his pocket , the mans a fool, say we are giving 2500 tickets at £20.  a throw , thats a cool 50000, Scully aint going to cut  his nose off for the sake of aan extra 25 coppers inside the ground. The game will be played but there is going to be one almighty rush for tickets
 His fans hate him , we hate him, is he another fatty Evans in Disguise, when  he backs down we and the Gills fans should boycott the game  and let him pay for all of it  from a  zero attendance .
    On the subject of Rugby fans they cause a lot of trouble as well , try going in the shed at Gloucester when playing local opposition, if you aint Glawcester you soon get chased out!

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:49:33 »

I have a fond dislike for the way certain rugby fans come out with all the cliches etc. regarding football. They usually come across as twats to me Smiley

I agree, I don't deny that football has a lot of problems that Rugby doesn't have such as fans fighting...but both Rugby Union and League have problems of their own and their fans whiter than white holier than thou view on football makes me laugh because their game isn't full of angels and without it's problems either.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:56:13 »

Not exactly a good comparison...TVP and Scum got round their problem by reducing our allocation to slightly les than Cheltnumb and Aldershot, by using the segregation argument...Gills away fan allocation is more like ours.

Aren't we tucked away from the home fans anyway on some stupid scafolding seats up high if memory serves correct ?
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:57:09 »

The problem goes back to when we played them a fews years ago and it all went off. Wiltshire police told Kent police that there would be trouble and that Swindon's risk fans would be attending in large numbers and that is excatly what happened hence all the trouble.

Simply put Kent police fucked up big time a few years ago and so now they go over the top with helicopters, horse's, dogs etc.

As for Rugby fans look up what happens when the two Hull rugby clubs play each other.

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 12:19:39 »

Still no further information from any of the parties. I'm almost tempted to write a letter to the FL. British anger at its best.
Flashheart

« Reply #280 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 12:22:51 »

Still no further information from any of the parties. I'm almost tempted to write a letter to the FL. British anger at its best.

Make sure to use some very strong words. That'll learn them
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 12:24:10 »

As for Rugby fans look up what happens when the two Hull rugby clubs play each other.

I think the earlier comments were all in relation to Rugby Union, Gaz.  Rugby League is a whole different ball game.   Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 12:27:43 »

I think the earlier comments were all in relation to Rugby Union, Gaz.  Rugby League is a whole different ball game.   Wink

My post still stands even only considering Union.

Bloodgate was laughable that did nothing for their outstanding image they seem determined to uphold and then there's the England players getting cunted at the last World Cup.

I honestly think Sky Sports News is the biggest enemy of this everythings brilliant fantasy land Rugby fans live in, because before noone had the foggiest if anything happened putting the game in to a bad light so they just asumed Rugby was played and watched by he without sin.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 15:46:46 »

Back on topic... a statement was due from Gills yesterday. It's now getting on for 24 hours overdue. Grrrrrrrr
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 16:16:02 »

Back on topic... a statement was due from Gills yesterday. It's now getting on for 24 hours overdue. Grrrrrrrr

go and stand in the corner and face the wall, we all know which day statements are released and it isn't Statement Thursday.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: