Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills away  (Read 97931 times)
skay

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 00:38:34 »

the scene so typically Scottish
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 01:47:53 »

To be fair even with a banning order what is the chance of actually being spotted and caught at an away game? How would they know to look out for you?

If Swindon Police are there they would recognise me, it's just a chance of whether to not to risk are there going to be Swindon police there.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 01:51:12 »

Least you know Gill's won't be paying them..

Spud

« Reply #228 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 03:40:29 »

If Swindon Police are there they would recognise me, it's just a chance of whether to not to risk are there going to be Swindon police there.

I think you definitely say that there will be Swindon Police there IF/when it eventually gets resolved.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 05:45:04 »

Standard practice for high profile games like this... there will be Wilts Police 'spotters' there waiting for you... best bet is to go in fancy dress...
dell returns

« Reply #230 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 06:16:14 »

Standard practice for high profile games like this... there will be Wilts Police 'spotters' there waiting for you... best bet is to go in fancy dress...

Or any dress ...
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 06:43:33 »

With less than 10 days before the fixture I have to admit I'm have this horrible feeling it will be played behind closed doors; what a sad outcome that will be not just for us, as we could win the title, but for Gillingham and football in General

So whose to blame; well there are four parites involved, the Football League, Gillingham, Swindon Town and the Kent Police, and all have to take some responsibility.

This has always been a high profile game, our recent meeting have always attracted a big Police precence; there were 7 Town fans arrested in 2008; so why have the Football League, for the third time arranged the fixture at a crucial time. Our two pevious meetings have been at the start of the season, and towards the end of the season; surely this is a game which should be buried in the middle of the fixture list; near christmas, or even a night game.

As for Gillingham and the Kent Police why didn't they resolve this earlier. Unfortunately we don't know what Kent Police are charging so it's difficult to comment; I would expect the majority of Police will be outside the ground rather than inside,and if this is the case then Gillingham might have some justification. Wigan were in dispute with Greater Manchester Police over a £300,000 Police Bill for officers they didn't request, they won the case.

We're not blameless in this, this season we seem to have attracted some unsavory people (can't call them fans); there was Accrington where some lads were causing problems and one decided to start lashing out at a steward with a crutch. Then there was Oxford where some one flooded the away end.

In what has been a sucessful season for the Town, wouldn't it be sad if we enter the record books as being involved in the first League game to be played behind closed doors.
Spud

« Reply #232 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 06:50:59 »

^^^ I really don't see how this is our fault? re: being involved in the first league game to be played behind closed doors.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:00:42 »

Did you even go to Accrington? You say a fan starting lashing out at a steward with a crutch, the only reason there was any trouble at Accrington is because said fan with crutch got punched by a steward..
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:03:08 by Crispy » Logged

hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:04:59 »

Wondering what this intelligence the OB have is?

Pikeys planning an ambush or Town 'fans" making plans?

Would have thought that most town fans would have been happy to win it there of all places and celebrate accordingly.

They seem to be overly obsessed with us over some shit that went on ages ago- get over it and pay up Pikeys!
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:34:22 »

Did you even go to Accrington? You say a fan starting lashing out at a steward with a crutch, the only reason there was any trouble at Accrington is because said fan with crutch got punched by a steward..

Yes I did go haven't missed a game home or away all season.

Yes the steward didn't help the situation however there was agroup that should have been chucked out anyway.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:39:25 »

Yes I did go haven't missed a game home or away all season.

Yes the steward didn't help the situation however there was agroup that should have been chucked out anyway.

Didn't help the situation? He smacking the matey on crutches in the chops, I'd of hit the cunt with my crutches if it was me as well...

STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:39:35 »

^^^ I really don't see how this is our fault? re: being involved in the first league game to be played behind closed doors.

I didn't say it was our fault I would say that we have to take some responsibility, after all Town fans have been involved in trouble before and this creates situations where the police have a bigger precence.

I work with people who are more into rugby and always comment on how they can go to games and stand next to a supporter of the opposing team without any problem.

Having the name of Swindon Town connected to a game which could be played behind closed doors does not really send out a good message about the club or football in general.

I think we all hoped the troubles that football had experienced in the past were behind us; for some reason Kent Police think not
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:42:11 »

Didn't help the situation? He smacking the matey on crutches in the chops, I'd of hit the cunt with my crutches if it was me as well...

Agreed

But two wrongs don't make a right;

When it involves football fans it just gives clubs a bad name and an unwanted reputation
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:42:55 »

How is it Swindon Town FC's fault!?!

All football clubs have troublesome supporters, this 'rivalry' is tiny in comparison to others. The Football League expect their members to pay the appropriate fees to ensure that the fixture goes ahead safely and frankly, yet again this fixture seems to mean more to them than us (on the terraces).

The name Pat Scally comes up regularly in a negative way for all sorts of reasons. I'm sure Gillingham fans are reading this so I'm not going to pretend that I know everything about Scally or his running of GFC but it's his responsibility for to pay up.

I'm positive that all football clubs look at policing costs and roll their eyes... just pay up! If you cannot afford it stop kidding yourself and go into administration, take the 10 point deduction and start again  Roll Eyes

How such a small incident witnessed by only 9000 odd people in the late 1970's has gone on for so long is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 07:45:20 by Costanza » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: