Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills away  (Read 97755 times)
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 08:33:36 »

Just got my ticket. TO reckon that we still have quite a few tickets left (500?). Looks like people may not want to take the risk on booking trains etc. if they can't see the game. Suspect others may be leaving it till later when they get the SAS coaches.

I would think the court case is Gills v Plod as won't scally be saying that the costs are unreasonable and should be reduced? Just a thought.

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 08:41:55 »

are tickets for this on sale to anyone or just season ticket holders?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 08:47:13 »

are tickets for this on sale to anyone or just season ticket holders?

On general sale this morning

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 08:52:39 »

On general sale this morning
thanks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 11:11:26 »

As no-one from the Trust bothered to answer the question I asked earlier on this thread (they may not have seen it), or the email I sent in reply to the newsletter thing about this (which they should have seen, or else they should check their email more often), I'll ask again:

Is the Trust doing anything about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 11:21:08 »

As no-one from the Trust bothered to answer the question I asked earlier on this thread (they may not have seen it), or the email I sent in reply to the newsletter thing about this (which they should have seen, or else they should check their email more often), I'll ask again:

Is the Trust doing anything about this? If so, what? If not, why not?

I haven't heard anything, Paul.  But may be seeing John Ward later on.  If I do, I'll ask.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 11:36:44 »

As mentioned numerous times, it just doesn't make sense for Gills to play the game behind closed doors. The policing costs won't be anywhere near the amount of revenue they'll make from ticket sales, so from a purely economic point of view, I don't see how Scally can go ahead without fans.

That said, if it does go ahead in an empty ground, it would be typical of the FL to come out some time next week and say this situation should never have happened, blame somebody else, then carry on as normal, when really they should be communicating with fans and pushing for this to be resolved.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 11:41:47 »

The game will be on and with it behind closed doors
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 11:42:14 »

I meant not behind closed doirs
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 11:45:33 »

I haven't heard anything, Paul.  But may be seeing John Ward later on.  If I do, I'll ask.
Thanks Ardiles.

FWIW, I strongly suspect that this is being driven by ACPO - it's more than a little coincidental that barely a week after ACPO start trumpeting their "Football clubs should pay the entire cost of any policing on a match day whether it's near the ground or not" report, they manage to find a convenient test case which meets all the criteria:

1) History of trouble to point to - check
2) Lower-league clubs so no massive outcry if the game gets pulled - check
3) Still sufficiently high profile to act as a "We're serious about this" warning message to other clubs - check
4) Arsey chairman who can be relied upon to kick up a fuss and put the fixture at risk - check

I think those pointing the finger at Scally, FL etc should perhaps look at some of the bigger context here. We're being used as a test case/shot across the bows by the coppers for a scheme they'd like to introduce more widely (greatly extended costs of policing) and which could break some clubs.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 12:49:53 »

Thanks Ardiles.

FWIW, I strongly suspect that this is being driven by ACPO - it's more than a little coincidental that barely a week after ACPO start trumpeting their "Football clubs should pay the entire cost of any policing on a match day whether it's near the ground or not" report, they manage to find a convenient test case which meets all the criteria:

1) History of trouble to point to - check
2) Lower-league clubs so no massive outcry if the game gets pulled - check
3) Still sufficiently high profile to act as a "We're serious about this" warning message to other clubs - check
4) Arsey chairman who can be relied upon to kick up a fuss and put the fixture at risk - check

I think those pointing the finger at Scally, FL etc should perhaps look at some of the bigger context here. We're being used as a test case/shot across the bows by the coppers for a scheme they'd like to introduce more widely (greatly extended costs of policing) and which could break some clubs.

An interesting theory, and I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. This happening so soon after the announcements about policing costs did seem rather more than a coincidence, and as you say, all the factors point to this being an ideal test case.

However, it could just be the case that Scally is being an arse.
Flashheart

« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 12:58:39 »

It's actually not that much of a coincidence at all because this is not the first time Scally has done this
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 13:01:17 »

It's actually not that much of a coincidence at all because this is not the first time Scally has done this

There is that, which is the main reason I'm still quite open to the idea that it could all be Scally's fault.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 13:15:47 »

Funny you should say that.  It's exactly what I was thinking yesterday...and very nearly posted something to that effect before realising I had far too much work on and really shouldn't be arsing about on a football forum.  (I'm off work today.  Wink )  It occurred to me that Scally may even have been egged on by other club Chairman to take this as far as he can without losing the income.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 13:19:27 »

Swindon Town have now sold 820 tickets from the 1,468 allocation for Saturday's League 2 fixture at Gillingham #STFC

From Twitter

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: