Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gills away  (Read 97786 times)
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 10:54:01 »

I'd be interested to hear from the Club whether they have had any discussions with representatives from the Football League - or whether they have been restricted to talks with Gillingham/Kent Police/Medway Borough.

It is unacceptable for the Football League to adopt a 'hands off', 'sort it out amongst yourselves' attitude when the integrity of their own competition is being jeopardised by the failings of a club Chairman.

I was informed by Dave in the ticket office that the matter has gone to court this week, and we might not know until Friday if its going ahead with or without fans or at all. This is probably the reason why the football league hasnt commented as yet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 11:06:50 »

I was informed by Dave in the ticket office that the matter has gone to court this week, and we might not know until Friday if its going ahead with or without fans or at all. This is probably the reason why the football league hasnt commented as yet.

That information should be communicated by the FL, even as a "can not comment pending a court action" satement. By saying nothing it appears they are disinterested or unaware of the situation (which is impossible).

In fact, if this may only be resolved sometime Friday the Gills have the book thrown at them anyway, though no doubt they will claim the police were late providing categorisation and policing costs.

The football league, is full of shit...
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 11:10:18 »

I agree with you. I wasnt saying that it gives the football league an excuse not to comment, just thats probably their own reasoning. "they have too much important stuff to get on with" no doubt!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 11:13:24 »

Sorry, my pop was solely at the FL, not the messenger Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 12:19:43 »

I cant see how it can go to court though - the police can say pay up or you do not get your safety certificate, what has Scally & Co got to argue about if they do not organise this at the start of the season like most other clubs
ianh

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:29:05 »

Gills fan in peace.....

Brian Moore stand holds over 3k in total but due the lower corners being v close to home fans they always leave these areas blocked off. The usual away allocation for big games would be 2500, as Gillingham dont have the support anymore to use the Brian Moore (sad but true!)......I would hope that we would open up the rest of the stand for you guys on sat if there is the demand. I guess it depends a bit on what happens this week & hwo the police see the situation.

Well done you guys are nearly there....we on the other hand are a long way off! Gutted i cant go on sat, i think a lot of Gills fans will be missing. Hope its a good game without any problems off the field. COYG
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:35:27 »

Roooooney Rooooney Roooooney
ianh

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:45:05 »

Roooooney Rooooney Roooooney

Has he been playing well?? He never tracked back for us and he cant tackle, but i guess he doesnt need to on your team
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:48:06 »

Has he been playing well?? He never tracked back for us and he cant tackle, but i guess he doesnt need to on your team

He's got on PDC's nerves a bit for giving the ball away and perhaps not putting in a shift. As soon as he made a mistake he took him off. I think he'll struggle to get back in the team once Ritchie is fit and Holmes switches back to the left.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kaufman

« Reply #429 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:50:05 »

He did well on saturday when came on and made the goal.
Flashheart

« Reply #430 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:53:50 »

A PDC pres-season should kick him into shape
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 14:01:12 »

He sometimes doesn't pick the right man when looking to pass but you can't fault the runs he makes. Dangerous player.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 17:35:25 »

A big issue with this situation is that tehre's no consideration for the fans who have to make travel plans. As mentioned, some have already bought train tickets in the hope it's going ahead. Others will find out this week, and if the game does go ahead with spectators, then train fares are going to be very high at the last minute.

Maybe a case for the FSF to take up and lobby the FL over? Hadn't thought of contacting them until now.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 17:56:51 »

A big issue with this situation is that tehre's no consideration for the fans who have to make travel plans. As mentioned, some have already bought train tickets in the hope it's going ahead. Others will find out this week, and if the game does go ahead with spectators, then train fares are going to be very high at the last minute.

Maybe a case for the FSF to take up and lobby the FL over? Hadn't thought of contacting them until now.

Whats new??

Clems Army!
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 20:18:21 »

I take it there is no possibility of getting tickets on the day?
If that is the case, might chance it in the home end

Jump to: