Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Running and General Health Thread  (Read 113842 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 13:02:10 »

From prior experience, losing 25kg is the easy bit. Keeping it off is bloody challenging.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 13:06:46 »

I'm not talking from experience. I don't maintain my figure with a peloton. More like a Mr Kebab

Fat bastard
JBZ
тролль

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 13:32:07 »

I am not on commission but I would again recommend beachbody home workouts. I started with insanity and few years ago.

Draw another goblet
From the cask of '43
Crimson misty memory
Hazy glimpse of me
Give me back my wonder, I've something more to give
I guess it doesn't matter
There's not much more to live
horlock07

Lives up north

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 14:17:19 »

I often don't like the thought of getting on the turbo-trainer, but enjoy it when I do. I can't abide the thought of a structured session or training plan though. For me, winter will be about going on the bike when its nice 1/2 per week and then the turbotrainer once a week or when wet. Hopefully, I'll be able to do a couple of spin classes if and when gyms reopen

I find Zwift pretty good for motivation by trying different courses and either taking part in races (where I have no chance of keeping up with the top people in my category) or doing group ride 'Meet ups'.

Did one on Wednesday where there we a dozen of us from our cycling club (all of different standards) riding through France together. The software keeps you all grouped together, and the only thing you have to do is pedal hard! I was listening to Motorhead while riding, but some of the others chat on Discord - I can't do that, because I'm puffing and panting (with the odd bit of Tourette's thrown in) all the time! All of the courses have little sprint sections, which get me a bit competitive against some of the better cyclists in the club - They all beat me, but it pushes my heart rate up and I'm usually a good lead out man for them!

I have been doing it all on Zwift, either supported by podcasts, music or watching the GCN channel!

I do it occasionally with a couple of mates and like being outside it makes it easier as it provides some motivation, plus we chat via WhatsApp whilst we are doing it so also gives a link to the outside world and my covid updates.

Have also done a fair few races, got a second and a third in my cat, but if I go up a cat as I may have to do I am going to be shite, have actually been doing a structured plan for 6 weeks (two to go) and dropped my mate on a climb last week so must be doing some good, albeit I just cannot shift weight as I eat crap ans drink too much!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: