Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: There is always one bellend  (Read 4680 times)
Foxinthebox

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:03:38 »

After going to the game as a neutral courtesy of Johnstone paints I found myself and my family seated in the Chesterfield end, being a bit of a glory hunter I was disappointed as Swindon  were overwhelming favourites.

So to make the most of the atmosphere I purchased some blue and white scarves for my two boys and myself and to be fair did enjoy the game without really being bothered about the result.

At the Final whistle we decided we was not fussed about watching the presentation so left the stadium only to find ourselves exiting at the same time as 28,000 disappointed Swindon fans, not really being aware of the fact that the blue and white scarves were still around our necks untill some dick head tried to pick a fight on me while I was holding my 7 year old sons hand, obviously my little boy was petrified as the verbal abuse hurled at my wife, kids and myself  was disgraceful and totally ruined a lovely family day out.

A big thanks to the witnessing Town fans who  assured me that the idiots concerned were in the minority and made sure an ugly scene did not get out of control....... Paul ( a villa fan!)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:12:09 »

Sorry to hear that. As disappointing as it may have been that is well out of order. Some dicks can't handle the ale and sunshine on top. I guess all clubs have them.

Hope your son is OK.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:31:59 »

Sorry to hear that mate, hope it doesnt put your family off going to another football match!

As Batch said, unfortunately all clubs have these muppets, just up to the rest of us to put them back in their place
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:44:13 »

After going to the game as a neutral courtesy of Johnstone paints I found myself and my family seated in the Chesterfield end, being a bit of a glory hunter I was disappointed as Swindon  were overwhelming favourites.

So to make the most of the atmosphere I purchased some blue and white scarves for my two boys and myself and to be fair did enjoy the game without really being bothered about the result.

At the Final whistle we decided we was not fussed about watching the presentation so left the stadium only to find ourselves exiting at the same time as 28,000 disappointed Swindon fans, not really being aware of the fact that the blue and white scarves were still around our necks untill some dick head tried to pick a fight on me while I was holding my 7 year old sons hand, obviously my little boy was petrified as the verbal abuse hurled at my wife, kids and myself  was disgraceful and totally ruined a lovely family day out.

A big thanks to the witnessing Town fans who  assured me that the idiots concerned were in the minority and made sure an ugly scene did not get out of control....... Paul ( a villa fan!)

They should be ashamed of themselves
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 21:00:03 »

I feel for you mate, i really do. Being a Villa fan cant be easy

Cheesy
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 21:26:52 »

Where as being a Swindon fan is a constant stream of joy.

Never knowingly overstated.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 06:16:44 »

Just remember not to wear the scarf to the next Villa game  Wink

There is always a numpty about,  sorry you bumped into one of ours.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 08:26:43 »

Theres more than one bellend...

I have to say I have many friends who follow Swindon and I have met many many great fans over the years, but following town I have also come across some of the most revolting fuckwitted people I have ever met in an walk of life. I am not talking about the 'mob' either, since generally they are often decent enough people who just happen to like a dust up..

I am talking about the youngish, loutish, foul mouthed, scabby, stupid revolting people that you see now and then, 3 of which were sat near me on the train home sunday...pinehursts finest...

I may be getting a little snobby and middle class in my old age, but these fuckwits were just horrible...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 08:47:23 »

Why did you not use common sense and try and avoid other fans? Would you do that normally?

You will always get opposing fans that are unhappy if their team has lost, doesn't matter which team it is.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:13:34 »

Theres more than one bellend...

I am talking about the youngish, loutish, foul mouthed, scabby, stupid revolting people that you see now and then, 3 of which were sat near me on the train home sunday...pinehursts finest...

I may be getting a little snobby and middle class in my old age, but these fuckwits were just horrible...

Coach 44 of the supporters coachs. 2 fellas who didn't stop swearing all the way back although their was plenty of children on board. Not big and not clever.
To the Villa fan. I'm sorry you ran foul of a couple of prats and hope you and your boy pay us a visit soon and see the brighter side of Swindon Town.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:22:09 »

Coach 44 of the supporters coachs. 2 fellas who didn't stop swearing all the way back although their was plenty of children on board. Not big and not clever.
To the Villa fan. I'm sorry you ran foul of a couple of prats and hope you and your boy pay us a visit soon and see the brighter side of Swindon Town.
The worst two on our coach were non regulars who couldn't handle their beer, unfortunately because they were supporting Town for the day people have no choice but to label  them Swindon fans. Over all both sets of supporters were mixing together without any bother unlike last time.
Foxinthebox

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:59:09 »

Why did you not use common sense and try and avoid other fans? Would you do that normally?

You will always get opposing fans that are unhappy if their team has lost, doesn't matter which team it is.

So you need common sense now to walk to the tube station, I've followed Villa for 37 years and admittingly had a few problems as a teenager in the dark days of the mid eighties but as a middle aged father of three I have pride in taking my children to games, my crime was more like naivety rather than lack of common sense I'm afraid as opposed to the Bellend with no sense at all who tied to pick a fight on a father with his young son.
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 14:03:04 »

You realise we were playing at Wembley right?!

It's a bit difficult to manage to avoid every single opposition fan after a game of this size.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 14:08:59 »

You realise we were playing at Wembley right?!

It's a bit difficult to manage to avoid every single opposition fan after a game of this size.

And also, why should you feel the need to avoid opposition fans?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 14:39:59 »

Two things to consider if you plan something similar in the future - buy one of the 50/50 scarves that were being sold around the ground or don't bother buying anything. It is sad what happened to you but I think that kind of incident is quite rare but you were unfortunate enough to come across it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: