Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42276 times)
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:48:33 »

I really thought that today was going to be the complete opposite to Millwall and up until half time everything was going to plan.

The atmosphere in the ground was fantastic before the game and in the first half, the singing areas seemed to really work, I was in line with the six yard box dugout side and our fans were defeaning at times. Second half was a bit quiet but I think the goal came as a shock to all of us especially so quick after half time.

We played ok first half, Chesterfield started better but once we settled down there was only one team in it. If Connell had shown a bit more composure with his chance we get the lead and go on to win the game, but it wasn't to be.

Didn't understand Paolo's subs, he didn't need to panic going to a 3-4-3 so early, also dont think Mceverley and Bostock should have been involved, Wembley is not a place to make your debut and the players that got us to Wembley deserved to play at Wembley. I do wonder if that had an effect on the morale within the squad.

Feeling rather down in the dumps now as it is three 2-0 defeats in a row away from the CG and we need to stop that if we are going to be Champions. That said we are top of the league for a reason and i'm sure todays events will make Paolo and the players even more determined (if that is even possible) to win the title.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:51:57 »

Disappointed at Wembley again, we seemed to give up in the second half, even PdC wasn't quite so animated! Great day out though and was kept amused by the guys around me including the guy infront who managed to sleep through the whole of the first half!
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:53:27 »

When we conceded the first goal, so person near where i sat went a bit mental and completely smashed one of the seats in half !
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:56:56 »

Hello.  Just back.  Not taking it as badly as some of the people on here and twitter have done.  Didnt take our chances.  Didnt get the rub of the green.  We always lose at (new) wembley.

Ref was inconsistent.  No idea why he booked connell, no idea why he gave a free kick for someone running in front of holmes and falling over.  That stopped us in a good attacking position.  The second goal looked to come from a very high boot putting our player on the ground.  But thats not why we lost.  Just a little annoyance.  I always hate the refs anyway.

Just didnt cut it in the final third today.  Crosses were poor and overhit or too near the keeper, shots we had were weak.  

We do forget that we have been playing for a few weeks without our captain which has neutered our most attacking side.  Our central defence was 2 central midfielders.  Injuries have cost us.

Sod it, never mind.  Its just the JPT.  Lets move on and have a backlash against the gas.

Never knowingly overstated.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:58:05 »

Great say out, shame about the football but oh well, let's focus on the league.

I'm starting to dislike wembley.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:06:10 »

No idea why he booked connell,

For gobbing off. It was a corner but the ref/lino gave a goal kick and Connell let fly.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:08:43 »

For gobbing off. It was a corner but the ref/lino gave a goal kick and Connell let fly.

Of course he did.  The decision was fucking stupid.  Booked because the ref and lino are fucking blind.  Brilliant.  Probably get a £1000 fine as well.

And, yes I'm still pissed off.  Twice at the new Wembley, and we've yet to up once.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:12:35 »

Not too annoyed, but can we please score at Wembley please?

Atmosphere was 10x better than the Milwall game and just lacked in the final third.

I'll leave you with the brilliance of the Adver comment section.

Some of you guys really need to wake up. The reason Di Canio is so fickle with players is because he has NO interest in our long term future. Some believe with good reason that he will even leave this summer or shortly after. He has increased the wage bill by bringing in numerous unnecessary loan players - two of whom played today and had nothing to offer. To be fair to them though it was a BAD DECISION in the first place to introduce players who have NEVER PLAYED in the team before - into a CUP FINAL!!!! Wake up Town fans - the reason you saw Billy Bodin go on loan is because Di Canio is spoilt and has no interest in personal development - because this is a STEPPING STONE!! It's all about him when we win - it's about "the players" when we lose. By the way today was nothing to do with winning promotion - it was a one off game which we should have won against a below average side - but we blew it. We should have played the players who helped us get to the final - Kennedy, Cibocchi, De Vita - and get rid of Risser - whom for some illogical reason is liked by Di Canio - McCormack was shouting at him the whole game - he hasn't a clue!!! The chairman should also now refuse to buy or loan any more players when asked by Di Canio - when he goes to a different club he will not receive the same understanding and what will he do??? LEAVE because he has no real talent.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:13:53 »

Just didnt cut it in the final third today.  Crosses were poor and overhit or too near the keeper, shots we had were weak.  

We do forget that we have been playing for a few weeks without our captain which has neutered our most attacking side.  Our central defence was 2 central midfielders.  Injuries have cost us.

The final third is what it's all about and it is why Di Canio is so desperate for a certain kind of striker. That would have made all the difference today and this was really the only area where we fell down - albeit a very key area.

And man alive, have we missed Caddis. Perversely, I am actually going to vote for him for POTY  based on the games he HASN'T played.  I had decided on McCormack and he is still ace, but we have missed Caddis so much it's ridiculous and through his absence, he has shown how vital he is to the team.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:15:32 »

Atmosphere was 10x better than the Milwall game and just lacked in the final third.

Obvious daytripper just back from the game!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:16:14 »

Sweet. Baby. Jesus  No
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:16:24 »

The final third is what it's all about and it is why Di Canio is so desperate for a certain kind of striker. That would have made all the difference today and this was really the only area where we fell down - albeit a very key area.

And man alive, have we missed Caddis. Perversely, I am actually going to vote for him for POTY  based on the games he HASN'T played.  I had decided on McCormack and he is still ace, but we have missed Caddis so much it's ridiculous and through his absence, he has shown how vital he is to the team.

You always learn more about a player when he's absent than when he plays.  Your point is extremely valid.  I will probably still vote for McCormack, but Caddis is very deserving.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:19:33 »

Who else saw the nearly fisticuffs down the front of block 135? I think that was the highlight of the second half for
me
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:20:50 »

Who else saw the nearly fisticuffs down the front of block 135? I think that was the highlight of the second half for
me

Yea, saw that. No clue why that guy got so angry.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:21:20 »

The best part of the day was seeing Sir Lee Peacock sitting with us fans, the man is a legend !!! And I don't want to go to Wembley for at least another year or so !!!

He had a beer in the Green Man also....he was loving it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: