Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32651 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:59:44 »

Stop inverted wingers, teams sussed it out.

Team for Tues:
Fods, Devera, Flint, Macca, Cibbo, Rooney, Smith, Ferry, Holmes, Benson, Bodin/Connell

Ritchie needs a kick up the arse IMO
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:01:01 »

Why would anyone boo? Every team loses a game every now and again. It wont help matters.
Gary Rose just tweeted about the 'great support' so he obviously didn't notice anything untoward.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #332 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:01:35 »

I have to say that I do think he misses at least his fair share, 2 examples that I remember are away at Exeter he was awful and possibly the worst outfield player for us and missed 2 absolute sitters, away at Leicester also he had 4 shots and didn't hit the target too.

Obviously these will not be recognised as valid by those that do like him but people asked for examples and there are 2 such examples, I can only comment on games I have seen him play in really all us distance fans can say is that whenever the commentary team mention his name it does seem that he has missed a chance, or occassionally scored it.

His fitness SHOULD be up to scratch now considering we are 30+ games into the season, yes he has scored some vital goals for us but I personally dont think his shots per goal ratio is anywhere near as good as Benson or near the ratio that is needed.

That said i do think he could be a good player for us if he can start to convert his chances and get himself some confidence.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:03:02 »

But Connell's lack of subs appearances baffles me.  He has shown his worth as an impact sub time & again...so why not today when we really needed it?  I don't want to be too down on Téhoué because he's hardly had enough chances to settle in just yet - and he could come good in time.  But Connell already has come good.

I'd go further and say it is an issue that is nothing to do with Téhoué whatsoever. The issue was there way before that.

Can't say he's missed many sitters when I've seen him play, which to be fair is only every home game and only a couple away - maybe away is a factor. I've seen defender render him ineffective, but thats not the same thing.

No doubt someone will see this as a reaction to the defeat, a <insert player that doesn't play> would have won us the game. It isn't, he may well not have. The issue has irked me for a while but its easier to say after a defeat Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #334 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:04:44 »

Gary Rose just tweeted about the 'great support' so he obviously didn't notice anything untoward.
Several of my friends have txt me and said some of our fans booed them off at half time and a few also booed at the end of the game.

This is fucking pathetic and these "fans" don't deserve a winning team, or to have Paolo in charge.

In the main most of our travelling support is awesome but there are always a handful that will never be happy no matter what result.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #335 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:09:14 »

Perhaps listening to the commentary rather than going to the matches gives a different perspective and allows us to note and remember different things. The commentators have mentioned numerous times that he has spurned chances that he should be putting away, including the last match he played in.

I'm not trying to suggest he is our worst striker, not at all. I feel he is a better player than Murray and possibly Tehoue (too soon to tell), but a player like Murray will add a different dimension to the attack so I can understand why PDC would prefer Murray at times (although I'd prefer he played Bodin in that role). Horses for course, and all that jazz.

But Connell really does spurn a lot of opportunities. Either that or the commentators are making it up
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:09:31 »

I like Connell,but then again i liked Kerrouche.
Fact is the manager sees things his way and while you are flying at the top of the league with a game in hand then the truth is the manager has the trump card regarding that argument.

As for a FEW fans booing get over it,all clubs have a minority.....they are booing the performance they have paid good money for today...not booing the season.
If we were shit today then fans have a right to voice there opinions in my opinion,that said i would never boo my team and certainly not at half time.

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:13:24 »

I'm not disputing that Connell has missed chances,he has. But i don't think he squanders chances more than the other forwards we have. And i certainly don't think he should be sat on his arse week after week whatever the result. I don't think there is a fitness issue,just Di canio doesn't rate him.

Deffo think the defence is a bigger worry at the moment though.
Flashheart

« Reply #338 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:16:49 »

I'm not disputing that Connell has missed chances,he has. But i don't think he squanders chances more than the other forwards we have. And i certainly don't think he should be sat on his arse week after week whatever the result. I don't think there is a fitness issue,just Di canio doesn't rate him.

Murray seems to be far worse at missing chances. But he offers something different to Connell.

Personally, I'd have Billy playing alongside Benson as he sounds the perfect foil for him. Plus it'll aid his development.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:20:45 »

Has Flint been back in training yet?
Flashheart

« Reply #340 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:23:36 »

Has Flint been back in training yet?

?

He played today
woolster

« Reply #341 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:25:26 »

has a player died in the spurs bolton game
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 18:26:39 »