Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32663 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 09:42:48 »

Been to to Crewe on two occasions, each time we were going for promotion, each time we came away with the three points.  Don't see any reason for that to change today, going to be a tough game, edge it by the odd goal I think.  Tuesday's game is already looking like it will be the big one!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 09:56:20 »

Finally an away game close to uni!

2-0 defeat though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 10:02:11 »

I hope the players don't have one eye on Wembley and not go 100% into this with the right attitude, maybe pulling out of tackles when they would normally go into them wholeheartedly.

I also worry about this attitude on Tuesday against Torquay, if we aren't 100% up for it and have eyes on next weekend then we will get beat, by both these teams. That is not what Paolo will expect at all and he won't take kindly to it but the players are humans and it is natural to maybe do this.

I hope I am wrong and we go there and play our normal game and beat them but I do have a nagging feeling today and it will return again on Tuesday too.

That said.......IF we win today and win on Tuesday then we will almost be promoted before Wembley, that would be fucking brilliant.

I guess its just my old nerves and pessimism about Swindon Town FC returning a little when I may be well off the mark.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 10:32:38 »

1-0 to the town, Own goal, Paolo to dedicate the victory to Claudio's nan
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 11:38:19 »

Will take a draw from this but think we will win 2-1 with Benson and Ritchie rediscovering his form after the arrival of Holmes
arealfan

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 11:52:03 »

All the stats suggests a draw, but they don't take into account the "Di Canio" factor, so Town will sneak a win by the odd goal. Clap
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 11:52:23 »

I think Ritchie's form has still been good, but because others are performing so well too it means he stands out less.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 11:54:02 »

3-1 Town

Benson with a perfect hat-trick
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 11:57:14 »

0-1 defeat.

I usually copy JJ, so will do so again and hope to be wrong, again!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 12:03:14 »

I think Ritchie's form has still been good, but because others are performing so well too it means he stands out less.

Most managers in this league are double or even triple mark him, which makes it very hard from him to find the space he was finding earlier on in the season.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 12:04:58 »

Will be a very tough game, would be very happy with a draw but can see us losing.

Out in London today, so will be relying on the TEF for updates...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 12:08:21 »

I keep thinking before every game at the moment, this one isn't easy, a bad run could be round the corner, it could all go wrong.  But I guess thats just being a town fan.  

Crewe will be much better than us in every department.  But we will win 2 - 1.

Cue every other fan declaring that we are not the best team in the league, we're just lucky and its ok because we're going bust.  

The opposition fans who are rather fond of the EDL will try to take the moral high ground because PDC is a fascist and those who aren't politically mental, just football mental, will decide that moving in the technical area is a crime and we should be ashamed of supporting our team because one of our players questioned the referee about the yellow card given to one of their players for a knee high machete attack.

Just another day then.

Never knowingly overstated.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 12:30:18 »

Hard one to call today, both on form so it's 1-1 for me.  Dont think we need to be worried  about the commitment from our players due to the final next week, Paolo won't let them get away with anything less than 100%.
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 12:30:26 »

It's just occurred to me that I am, inadvertently, dressed all in red.

This means we will win.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 12:46:51 »

3 defeats in all competitions since the end of September. Why am I not feeling more confident?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: