Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football league awards  (Read 11798 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:30:17 »

He only won it 'cos the other nominees had an off-day

Absolutely. Either that or he must've gotten lucky. How much is the fine nowadays for winning awards as Swindon Town?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:30:38 »

Are these calender year rather than season?

Which makes little sense as we spent some in L1 and less in L2. I dunno why I think they are, something about Simon Cox goal Vs Walsall not being nominated because it was in January or something the other year.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:30:49 »

Great effort from Ritchie. For those that knock him for having quiet games every now and again, it is worth remembering that other sides come to play us, set up to nullify him.  McCormack has been exceptional, but at centre back his role is more reactionary and he is naturally going to be more consistent. The fact Ritchie has been as potent as he has, when he has been double marked half the time makes his impact all the more impressive. It is a well deserved award. Now sign that contact extension...
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:33:25 »

Matt Ritchie is currently trending on twitter too.

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:37:16 »

Congrats to Matt Ritchie!

#VivaKenBarlow!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:38:32 »

Richie is a match winner and creative. Easy to see why he gets the attention he does. He's also the player who is worth the most(if he was for sale of course)
Macca deffo would get the nod for player of the year currently, but its nice to have plenty of players in the running who i wouldn't begrudge winning it.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:40:59 »

We've had so many seasons where our player of the year was so hard to pick - because there was no-one deserving of the award.  We've also had some years when one player stood out by a mile - the Parkin years.  Its great to have a hard choice because so many have been consistently good.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:41:11 »

alan mccormack, alan mccormack, alan, alan
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:42:27 »

I personally think at the moment it's between Fodders & Macca.

But Foderingham has only been here since october and only 'our' player since January, and McCormack has been here all year, so at the moment, he wins it for me.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:54:42 »

Great effort from Ritchie. For those that knock him for having quiet games every now and again, it is worth remembering that other sides come to play us, set up to nullify him.  McCormack has been exceptional, but at centre back his role is more reactionary and he is naturally going to be more consistent. The fact Ritchie has been as potent as he has, when he has been double marked half the time makes his impact all the more impressive. It is a well deserved award. Now sign that contact extension...

Yesterday is a perfect example of that. Mark Yeats said in his post match interview that he dropped their regular left back to bring in Jombati specifically to counter Ritchie's threat.

That's some compliment.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 23:09:53 »

Absolutely. Either that or he must've gotten lucky. How much is the fine nowadays for winning awards as Swindon Town?

I was wondering that!!!
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 23:52:39 »

I would like to throw Flint into the mix.  He has been injured in recent weeks but up until then he has been huge for us this season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #57 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:38:25 »

Really pleased for Matt and for the club to get so many nominations and actually win several awards.

This is a real up and coming club, watch out Football League we are coming to get you!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #58 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:09:23 »

Oh and I know it bothers some people on here but I like to read what other fans are saying about us, here are some reactions to last nights awards.

From the Cheltnumb forum

Matt Richie isn't fit to lace up Marlon boots.

Because we're Cheltenham, that's why Richie claimed the prize. No congratulations from me.

Matt Richie has done Feckall. The awards are a complete farce.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:14:00 »

Done fuck all? A cursory comparison of the top scorers table would suggest otherwise

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: