Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suicide Bomber  (Read 3718 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 15:32:20 »

:old:

During the war this was common practise. You younguns don't know your born  Smiley
Asher

« Reply #61 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 17:03:30 »

I dont get you at times sonic.  I said if you dont listen to police at this time (with terrorists on the loose) then teh police do have the right to kill if they are suspitious!
red macca

« Reply #62 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 17:06:36 »

there just doing there jobs im sure they had good reason to do what they have done...
Asher

« Reply #63 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 17:07:27 »

defo!
Dazzza

« Reply #64 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 21:37:41 »

The fact he was shot at what eye witnesses have described as point blank range five times means they where clearly going for a severe incapacitation or kill.

Have to presume that he was a high risk especially down on the tube.

Hopefully serve as a severe warning that the security forces mean business.

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #65 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 23:16:40 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Quote from: "Asher"
Not the grounds we visit! Hardly worth it

London grounds maybe??

Brentford away anyone?

i'm not changing my plans because of these cunts. if it happens it happens but you cannot live your life in fear.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
TalkTalk

« Reply #66 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 23:36:50 »

If the bloke was carrying a bomb then what would you do? Let him press the button when he got on the tube train??? No way. I heard a security analyst say today that the guys who shot him weren't coppers. They aren't trained to plug civilians like that. Must have been SAS or similar. They knew who he was.
Dazzza

« Reply #67 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 23:41:32 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
If the bloke was carrying a bomb then what would you do? Let him press the button when he got on the tube train??? No way. I heard a security analyst say today that the guys who shot him weren't coppers. They aren't trained to plug civilians like that. Must have been SAS or similar. They knew who he was.

Apparently he was already on the ground when they fired five shots.  Must have been high risk and suspected he potentially had some sort of device.

Safer than sorry, definitely the best policy.

TalkTalk

« Reply #68 on: Friday, July 22, 2005, 23:45:18 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Quote from: "TalkTalk"

Apparently he was already on the ground when they fired five shots.  Must have been high risk and suspected he potentially had some sort of device.

Safer than sorry, definitely the best policy.

Couldn't agree more Dazzza. What is the message here? So okay, you're going to die because you're going to blow yourself up and take a load of innocent people with you for zilch reason. Well no actually, we're going to make you die before you can achieve that. What other deterrent can anybody else think of?
DanOUFC

« Reply #69 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 10:30:24 »

There were some controversial reports in the paper this morning. Apparantly one witness claims  that the Police didn't identify themselves as Police to the suspect and only put on their Police caps after the bloke ran.
Some report that the bloke (a Brazilian with poor English) panicked and ran when shouted at by blokes (plain clothed police officers) with guns.
I think this will be come a very controversial issue. I agree with the shoot to kill policy but I can see the Police getting a lot of stick which could hamper their judgement in the future and damage morale
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 10:58:43 »

I think the police were right in their actions. Some points to consider:

1. He came out of a house which was being surveyed be police which was known to be linked to the attempted bombings on the 21st.

2. It was a hot day, and the chap was wearing a long heavy coat.

3. When the police gave chase he panicked and jumped railings and tried to get on a train. Considering past events you don't try and get on a train.

4. The police would've shouted police at somepoint. They're not gangsters but highly trained officers doing a very difficult job.

5. If they had any doubt that he was a threat, then shots to the head is the only possible way due to impacts on the suspected package.

6. Fair enough the police got it wrong this time, and I feel for the victims family, but if it was a bomber and the police refused to shoot then more people would've been killed.

I conclusion, we can not live in fear. We can not let these nasty evil terrorists win.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DanOUFC

« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 25, 2005, 11:05:00 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
4. The police would've shouted police at somepoint. They're not gangsters but highly trained officers doing a very difficult job.

According to a witness they only shouted ''stop, get on the floor''.  
I find this hard to believe that they didn't shout ''Police'' (maybe the witness was confused). But reports like this will effect the publics support for the Police and damage their morale which could affect their judgemnet - if they're getting a lot of bad press will they hesitate to shot when chasing a suspect?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: