Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bringing your kids up correctly at Football.  (Read 5386 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 14:01:58 »

I have to share this with you as it made me proud.

Tonight I will make the normal treck down to the CG to watch the game. However as it is a school day my little lad unfortunately cannot go.
However tomorrow night he has been invited before the England Holland game to have a coaching course for 15 minutes on the Wembley pitch before the game. Of course how can you turn down this opportunity down for your little boy and I get a free ticket in the process so can't be bad.

Anyway his Mum asks him last night, "Are you looking forward to playing on the Wembley pitch" ?
He says "Yes, but I would rather go with Daddy to watch Swindon vs Burton."

......and then if that didn't make me proud enough he said, "Daddy what kit should I wear my Swindon home top or my Swindon away top."

Makes you proud.........Wear your colours with Pride  Smiley
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 14:26:51 »

Brilliant !!

I was at the barbers a fews weeks back with the man child. Bearing in mind the local team down here is Pompey and the barber is a manc when he asked my son "and what team do you support ?" - to hear him say "Swindon Town, just like my dad" meant the world to me.

I am sure one day he'll hate me for it.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 14:31:44 »

You're not actually going to make him watch the England Holland game are you?
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 14:38:22 »

All children should be made to sit at the knee of Eric Read - the Yellowsforum uber geriatric hooligan - who will regale them with tales of derring-do in years gone by.

By doing this it is hoped that any attendee will not grow up to be such a pathetically sad old bastard who gets his rocks off by living in the past and impressing all those around him with his detailed knowledge of - allegedly- charging down Manchester Road.

One can only hope he has never been allowed to breed
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 15:55:05 »

If you'd bought him up correctly he wouldnt need to ask what colour to wear at Wembley!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 16:41:05 »

Out of interest, Banbury, which teams are most supported around your way?  You'd think there would be a smattering of Oxford fans, but you're probably no further from Northampton and Coventry as well up there.  Or is it mostly Villa, Birmingham etc.?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 16:51:43 »

I live near banbury and there is a fair few villa
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 17:16:13 »

Brilliant !!

I was at the barbers a fews weeks back with the man child. Bearing in mind the local team down here is Pompey and the barber is a manc when he asked my son "and what team do you support ?" - to hear him say "Swindon Town, just like my dad" meant the world to me.

I am sure one day he'll hate me for it.

My daughter had "mufti" day last friday at school, watching them file out at the end of the day was ace, 1 swindon top in a sea of Chelsea :0
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 18:34:15 »

My son wears one of the Green burmah sponsored Town shirts from the early 90's to football training every week.
Essexred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 18:50:52 »

Just went through my son's clothes and realised he has 7 Town shirts- he's only 7! My wife thinks some should be given to charity but I have genuinely been able to say that he wears them all. Apart from his Charlie Austin shirt...
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 18:58:50 »

I have to share this with you as it made me proud.

Tonight I will make the normal treck down to the CG to watch the game. However as it is a school day my little lad unfortunately cannot go.
However tomorrow night he has been invited before the England Holland game to have a coaching course for 15 minutes on the Wembley pitch before the game. Of course how can you turn down this opportunity down for your little boy and I get a free ticket in the process so can't be bad.

Anyway his Mum asks him last night, "Are you looking forward to playing on the Wembley pitch" ?
He says "Yes, but I would rather go with Daddy to watch Swindon vs Burton."

......and then if that didn't make me proud enough he said, "Daddy what kit should I wear my Swindon home top or my Swindon away top."

Makes you proud.........Wear your colours with Pride  Smiley

this makes me want to have kids. lovely stuff. i have a little brother who is 9 but he supports Liverpool, which is rubbish as we live in stroud. I said about going to wembley and he just said no as it would be boring. i think he is the milkmans son
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 19:55:28 »

My eldest (Cool has announced for her birthday she want a town top with NASH on the back.  Im kinda chuffed with that.

Never knowingly overstated.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 22:00:02 »

All children should be made to sit at the knee of Eric Read - the Yellowsforum uber geriatric hooligan - who will regale them with tales of derring-do in years gone by.

By doing this it is hoped that any attendee will not grow up to be such a pathetically sad old bastard who gets his rocks off by living in the past and impressing all those around him with his detailed knowledge of - allegedly- charging down Manchester Road.

One can only hope he has never been allowed to breed
Fucking priceless

farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 07:14:58 »

Just went through my son's clothes and realised he has 7 Town shirts- he's only 7! My wife thinks some should be given to charity but I have genuinely been able to say that he wears them all. Apart from his Charlie Austin shirt...
When he grows out of them, put them away for safe keeping for when he is old enough to appreciate them even more. Don't chuck them out or give away. He'll thank you for it one day.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 08:22:07 »

When he grows out of them, put them away for safe keeping for when he is old enough to appreciate them even more. Don't chuck them out or give away. He'll thank you for it one day.

I've just found a bunch of my Swindon old Swindon tops (minus a couple of the black and blue away kits I had, no idea where they've gone!), you should never get rid of old shirts. My little boy is getting a Swindon kit for his 2nd birthday, which just happens to be the 25th March. My girlfriend isn't too pleased I'm going to Wembley, mind... Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: