Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final  (Read 15791 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:54:42 »

Just noticed Chesterfield have a game against Huddersfield tomorrow night and then are away to Sheffield United next Wednesday before they play Scunthorpe on the Saturday. Fixtures coming thick and fast for them, four games in twelve days !
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 21:01:10 »

Just noticed Liam Ridehalgh is at Chesterfield. Obviously can't play, but it'll be his former loan team against his current loan team. He must be the JPT luck charm.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 21:02:39 »

Just noticed Chesterfield have a game against Huddersfield tomorrow night and then are away to Sheffield United next Wednesday before they play Scunthorpe on the Saturday. Fixtures coming thick and fast for them, four games in twelve days !

Not much difference for us though, we got the Gulls tomorrow, then Wembley, then we have the Gas and Barnet, all in the space of 2 weeks and both teams have very different reasons for wanting to win those games
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 21:59:37 »

Just noticed Liam Ridehalgh is at Chesterfield. Obviously can't play, but it'll be his former loan team against his current loan team. He must be the JPT luck charm.

did he play in for us or hudds? I was hoping he would be cup tied.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 08:04:48 »

did he play in for us or hudds? I was hoping he would be cup tied.

He played for us v Wombledon at the very least. So that's good news.

Its an interesting point actually, for this game we have lost Rooney but gained Holmes. Anyone else, I'm struggling to think of anyone?

Wonder how many Chesterfield lose other than Ridehalgh? Their results have picked up a little of late, so every little helps.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 08:21:21 »

To answer my own question:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=38513&st=0&p=704256&hl=ridehalgh&fromsearch=1&#entry704256

Played in the JPT and since moved on (or injured:) Holden, Mattis, Downes, Morgan, Johnson, Grounds, Davis, Clarke, Griffiths, Soderberg, Odabeyi. Cup-tied: Trotman & Ridehalgh.

Seems Davis and Morgan are the injured players that would otherwise have been in with a chance and the two cup tied players.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 08:24:22 »

To answer my own question:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=38513&st=0&p=704256&hl=ridehalgh&fromsearch=1&#entry704256

Seems Davis and Morgan are the injured players that would otherwise have been in with a chance and the two cup tied players.

Morgan is on loan at Pox I think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 08:27:52 »

Morgan is on loan at Pox I think.

Oh right, thanks. Perhaps he wouldn't have started then!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:29:14 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7618161/Sheridan-out-to-surprise-Robins

""But it will be tough for them. It is a big step up to League One "

"and we will give them as tougher game as they have had all season."

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:38:14 »

I'd be worried if we weren't playing a league 2 side.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:41:17 »

I'd be worried if we weren't playing a league 2 side.

Yeah, we're effectively up and they're effectively down. So in fact we're the L1 side and they're the L2 side  Hmmm

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 20:57:29 »

I believe we've beaten all the L1 sides we've played this season (Exeter, Colchester and Huddersfield)

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
hammondt1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 23:11:09 »

I just watched the 21 minute pre match press conference from chesterfield…. There management seem very confident, the acknowledge we have players who should be in higher divisions and have a good team… but they think that because there in a higher league they should win.

I would love a cup final win at Wembley. To hopefully wipe the Millwall experience out of my mind. It will be great if fans can support the team throughout the match even if we concede or aren’t playing well. We have 10,000 more fans than them….Lets bring that trophy home!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Twitter-----@hammondt1
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 23:18:58 »

The whole "we will win because we are a league higher" attitude has bitten many a side in the arse, ourselves included last season when we were on the slide nd Crawley were flying.

Will find a win on Sunday even more enjoyable because of it.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 23:36:04 »

I just watched the 21 minute pre match press conference from chesterfield…. There management seem very confident, the acknowledge we have players who should be in higher divisions and have a good team… but they think that because there in a higher league they should win.

I would love a cup final win at Wembley. To hopefully wipe the Millwall experience out of my mind. It will be great if fans can support the team throughout the match even if we concede or aren’t playing well. We have 10,000 more fans than them….Lets bring that trophy home!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Hammond you TALC...welcome back  Cheesy

Agree with what you say C.O.Y.R!!!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 23:56:35 by TheMajorSTFC » Logged

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: