Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Singing' section  (Read 37657 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:17:47 »

I missed the play off final due to my sister in law booking up for her fucking wedding a year before and not being willing to change the date, bitch.

This will be my first trip to the new Wembley and look forward to it, went to the play off finals at the old Wembley and they were something special but the day both those times flew by and my memory of both fades with time, yes we all remember the noise of the ball smacking in off the post and the baking hot day against Sunderland with Alan Mac's defelcted shot but the build up passed me by totally.

It won't this time, I am leaving Somerset at 7.30 on the train and having a few hours in London before the game, catching the build up fully this time.

One little thing to remember, quite important as well, is that its that weekend the clocks go forwards so we will lose that extra hour in bed the morning of the game so if you are catching the train like I am make sure you change the clocks before you set the alarm! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Melksham Red

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:26:40 »

This is a good idea and I hope it's a goer. There's a nasty taste in the mouth from the Millwall game. So much so, I'm giving serious consideration to staying in the boozer during the game. I will not be told what to do by some fucking part timer who has jumped on the dicanio bandwagon.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:51:33 »

I got told to sit down and shut up by someone against millwall when I sang, that’s where my intense dislike to plastic Swindon fans started
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:06:57 »

I'm looking forward to seeing swindon in a cup final (and it is a cup final). I'm dreading going to Wembley. Drab, soulless concrete cathedral of grey, in a shite area of london.

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:24:04 »

The singing area is a good idea...but there does need to be some live & let live on both sides.  At Wembley last time, there were plenty of stories like the one above (with less regular supporters getting irritated with more vocal fans standing, singing etc.)  But it cuts both ways.  I also saw a fair few having a go at families etc for not getting up on their feet and joining in with the singing...which, if anything, made me cringe even more.

Important point for me this time, though, is that the 'day trippers'/'part timers'/'glory hunters' (delete as appropriate) are not made to feel unwelcome - as many were last time - by some of our more regular fans.  Every 'part timer' who turns up at Wembley next month is a potential regular fan.  If we are going to grow as a club, we need to welcome this lot in...not put them off.  There was a lot of unnecessary snobbery from some of the more regular fanbase after our last visit.

Either we want to grow the fan base, or we don't.  Stay as a lower league club with 4,000 to 5,000 season ticket holders, or double that number?  You can't have both.  You have to make the less regular fans feel welcome at games like these, or accept that we're going to remain a small club in perpetuity.  I know which I'd choose.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:27:23 »

I'm looking forward to seeing swindon in a cup final (and it is a cup final). I'm dreading going to Wembley. Drab, soulless concrete cathedral of grey, in a shite area of london.

I agree to a point.  The prize isn't as big, but I just have a feeling this time is going to be better though.
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:32:44 »

Direct from wembley website:

The Johnstone's Paint Trophy is played between the 48 clubs in Football League One and Football League Two, the bottom two divisions in the four fully professional top divisions of English league football. The competition is divided into northern and southern sections with the two winners of each section, Chesterfield and Swindon Town respectively, playing in the final at Wembley to decide the overall winner.

Ticket Info

Tickets are – Cat 1 £60, Cat 2 £46, Cat 3 £36 & Cat 4 £26 (half price concessions throughout)
* Please note that there is a dedicated Family Section in each end which falls under the Cat 3 pricing band. These areas are highlighted on the Stadium plan in blue and are the backs of blocks 138, 139 & 140 in the Swindon end and the backs of blocks 105, 106 & 107 in the Chesterfield end.

Initial allocations: Swindon Town (West End) – 30,639 (levels 1, 2 & 5)
Initial allocations: Chesterfield (East End) – 21,441 (levels 1 & 2)
* These allocations are based on anticipated sales as supplied by each Club.

Disabled fans (wheelchair & ambulant) will be charged the lowest price ticket (£26) for the match. Their helper will gain access for free, but they must book a ‘ticket’.

All tickets are available via the Clubs directly, please see below links:

For Chesterfield ticket info click here. Sales commence Tuesday 14th Feb - Season Ticket Holders and Loyalty Card Holders only to begin with.

Swindon Town ticket info: TBC over the next few days

Call the Club Wembley team with hospitality enquiries on 0844 980 0038 or email sales@wembleystadium.com.

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:34:09 »

Ardiles makes a good point, it does cut both ways. However, I'm hopeful that allocating an area for 'singing' fans will deal with that. Anybody in that area can expect nothing less than OTT passion, and anybody outside it can't blame others around them for being too quiet
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:37:36 »

The ticket system needs the following options before you choose your ticket:

[ ] Regular fan who likes to sing and stand at exciting moments
[ ] Regular fan who likes to sing but can't stand because kids are in tow
[ ] Regular fan who sits in the Arkell's ;-)
[ ] Occasional fan who goes to a few big games per season
[ ] Day tripper
[ ] I'm only going because of a family member. I really support Chelsea.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:39:26 »

Anyone know how they split the gate receipts for games like this? 25% to each club with the rest going to Wembley/Football League?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:39:37 »

I think it can just be frustrating to see people jump on the band wagon, twitter was full of people I know couldn’t care less about Swindon suddenly banging on about Wembley last night, But these people would never go near a league 1/2 game.
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:43:06 »

Anyone know how they split the gate receipts for games like this? 25% to each club with the rest going to Wembley/Football League?

I always thought it was 45 each then 10 to wembley or FL. Could be wrong

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:43:22 »

I think it can just be frustrating to see people jump on the band wagon, twitter was full of people I know couldn’t care less about Swindon suddenly banging on about Wembley last night, But these people would never go near a league 1/2 game.

couldnt give a shit...its all good publicity, what would you rather see at wembley, 12000 swine fans or 32000? As long as the regulars are lumped together, its fine by me..
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:44:11 »

I always thought it was 45 each then 10 to wembley or FL. Could be wrong

FA Cup is something like that. But as soon as you get to finals the FA like to take as much of it as they can. It's not like football clubs need the money or anything...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:45:31 »

One thing that could work in favour of the singing section would be if ST holders get priority - that way they get to choose the best seats for them and their mates. Then all the tag-along day-trippers have to take what's left.

Chesterfield have done this, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us follow suit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: