Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Barnet Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22859 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:25:14 »

That was one of the most comfortable 5 minutes injury time I've experienced with Swindon.

It was wasn't a great performance and it's the sort of performance we cannot afford to do at the big shiny stadium in London but it was enough.

Di Canio knows it wasn't the greatest but he's got Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to sort it out because Underhill won't be an easy place to go.

Let us enjoy it.
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:26:32 »

Barnet fans seem to think we are a couple of leagues above.

Interesting considering it wasn't a great match. Perhaps they just stifle the opposition week in week out and we rose above it more than the others?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:27:18 »

Listened on Radio Barnet, interesting perspectives: they were shit scared of Ritchie, referred to us as the best side in the division several times and were all over McCormack's nuts.
Those runs out of defence are becoming a bit of speciality for McCormack, they cause abslolute havoc. He has to be in the top three for POS.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:28:45 »

Incidentally we're now 4th in the league as Crawley beat Cheltenham 4 - 2

Never knowingly overstated.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:30:53 »

And a bit of racism chucked in as well

Seems like all our BLACK players are fucking crap. Get fucking rid asap

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2204&start=30

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:32:07 »

He did get banned for that
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:32:56 »

Incidentally we're now 4th in the league as Crawley beat Cheltenham 4 - 2

Lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:33:49 »

Apart from a few nice touches by Ferry, Ritchie and Caddis I thought we never really got going. We seemed to sit back a little in the second half and invited them on to us but they had absolutely fuck all to offer. McLeod was awful.

I thought Smith went about his business well in midfield. Benson and Connell were both full of running (again). The only week link for me was Kennedy, some of his distribution was pretty wayward.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:35:44 »

Lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce.

Hmm.  A bit rapey there Rich.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:36:10 »

Apart from a few nice touches by Ferry, Ritchie and Caddis I thought we never really got going.

I think Caddis best described it when he said... "It was a cup tie!"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:36:54 »

Apart from a few nice touches by Ferry, Ritchie and Caddis I thought we never really got going. We seemed to sit back a little in the second half and invited them on to us but they had absolutely fuck all to offer. McLeod was awful.

I thought Smith went about his business well in midfield. Benson and Connell were both full of running (again). The only week link for me was Kennedy, some of his distribution was pretty wayward.

All changed when ferry was taken ill, after he went off I think we more or less decided to shut up shop.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:37:09 »

Wem-ber-ley wem-ber-ly.....

Thought we played very well in the firs half with the caveat that we only scored one. But what a sweet move and goal.

Second half was scrappy, we went long a bit too often but we defended manfully and didn't really let Barnet have a sniff.

Will read back through the thread but was Ferry ill or injured? (edit: and as if by magic, Sutton answers it above)

Anyway, not sure about the pitch invasion as it denied the players a celebration. But at the same time nowt wrong with a bit of passion.

Saturdays game could be a bit tasty if on.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:37:34 »

Woo hoo.  We're only at bloody Wembley again!

We fully deserved it tonight and the game should really have been out of sight had we taken our chances and De Vita hadn't been indecisive on a couple of occasions.  Good all round team performance and the defence looked solid, Devera seems to have grown in confidence since earlier in the season.  Anyone know what was wrong with Ferry?  He came over to the touchline a couple of times and went straight down the tunnel when he came off?

I thought Barnet were pretty dirty and the red card was a complete no brainer from where I was.  Anyone else think Mcleod looked decidedly uninterested?

It was a shame we didn't really get a chance at the end to applaud the players and PDC, but can't really blame them for not reappearing in that cold.  Also, it was packed where we sit in the Arkells, but absolutely none of the season ticket holders who sit around us were in their seats.  They were all complete strangers - very odd!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:39:09 »

Said Ferry had to take tablets at half time.H e looked as white as a sheet and was struggling.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 22:40:13 »

I saw Ferry sprint straight down the tunnel when he was subbed, I guessed at the time he either went to puke or had the trots.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: