Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Burton  (Read 8659 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 08:07:55 »

The game has to be in doubt with the forecast as it is. How good are our covers?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 09:00:33 »

If last winter is anything to go by... fucking amazing.  Pretty sure we were one of the only club's in the leagues to carry on playing during that big freeze in Decemeber.  Not that it worked in our favour...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 09:18:56 »

I'm sure gorundskeeper @MacPhlea can confirm, but I thought covers were good down to -4 ish.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 09:24:17 »

-6 in Highworth last night but not a heavy frost surprisingly. The last time we had a postponement it was foggy all day and the temperature stayed below freezing. Hopefully the sun and frost covers will do the trick.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 09:45:41 »

I'm sure gorundskeeper @MacPhlea can confirm, but I thought covers were good down to -4 ish.

He's tweeted about snow on Saturday but nothing about the state of the pitch today.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:59:33 »

-11 here. Bloody cold!!

It won't provide much of an insight into whether Saturday's match will be on or not, but hey ho!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 11:02:32 »

Rather hot here
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 11:03:05 »

Whether the match is on/off will be more to do with what is going on on the roads and stadium.
Pitch maybe perfectly playable but if the ground is full of ice and slippery the club will not risk.
Or a more cynical view could be that Paolo will be happy that his players have a break Cheesy
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 11:33:12 »

Just chatted to PDC who didn't give the impression he wanted the game off. He said he thought it would be on as covers are good enough, unless its -20 C or 6 foot of snow the night before !
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 11:38:44 »

Game on or off, Camping out Friday night for O***** tickets will be fun for myself then...slightly mental, but well worth the risk to see us give them a good hiding!  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 11:50:40 »

Just chatted to PDC who didn't give the impression he wanted the game off. He said he thought it would be on as covers are good enough, unless its -20 C or 6 foot of snow the night before !

As i say its nothing to do with the pitch,more of how the surrounding areas are for supporters and staff.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 12:55:53 »

I was just chatting to PDC, and he seemed distracted by the much touted increase in the price of lettuce
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 13:20:07 »

That's weird! I was on the phone again to Bugs Bunny and he kept asking about the chances of the Burton match being frozen out.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 13:21:28 »

Boys could do with a rest tbh!!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 13:34:16 »

Boys could do with a rest tbh!!

Or maybe not:

"It was the poorest performance I have had since I have been at Southend," Sturrock fumed. "We were sluggish, lethargic and you cannot get away with being like that against a team like Swindon. They have played Tuesday, Saturday and Tuesday but it was hard to see which was the fresh team."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01022012/63/sturrock-slams-sluggish-shrimpers.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: