Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southend Vs Swindon - Official matchday thread.  (Read 47052 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 22:59:01 »

This is a nice article about the game.  I especially like the complimentary comments about us.

http://www.theshrimpers-online.co.uk/node/91?

'The answer in short, is that Swindon Town really are "that good!" and should be feared by all who play them this season. They came here with spirit, determination and a certain willingness to bleed if necessary for the cause. That Swindon team is a credit to Paolo Di Canio and he should rightly be proud of them for their attitude towards the game... they did a thoroughly professional job on us and seemed to enjoy making us look distinctly ordinary, which we certainly are not!'

Never knowingly overstated.
kaufman

« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 23:17:06 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16846773#asset
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #572 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:45:48 »

Billy Bodin is so quick on that rebound, you can't even see his foot move. He's going to be massive for us I reckon.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:47:12 »

Billy Bodin is so quick on that rebound, you can't even see his foot move. He's going to be massive for us I reckon.

My feelings been he just needed that first goal, now he has that, i reckon he'll start banging them in.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:47:51 »

He's a clear talent, even if that takes a couple of years to develop, and like his dad he's devoted to the club and wants to do well for Swindon.

He's only 19, it's easy to forget. Would be a mistake to shift him on unless we really really have to imo...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:56:21 »

He really loves it here if his interview in the adver is anything to go by. Another Bodin legacy to come? I hope so.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 10:58:48 »

His skill in tight areas with the ball under his feet is very impressive for this level. With a bit more experience he could be a dangerous player, particularly playing off a striker like Benson or Connell who hold the ball up well.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: