Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 88958 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:15:47 »

Did I mention that I got a ticket?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:15:49 »

I think tickets should have been allocated to the most self-righteous fans. This thread is embarrassing.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #452 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:54:55 »

I think tickets should have been allocated to the most self-righteous fans. This thread is embarrassing.
well said.

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:58:05 »

That would make every debate on here where people are giving their personal view self righteous.
Give me a thread like this with decent debate over a stupid one about cheese any day
The_Doctor

« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:59:14 »

In fairness, season tickets are transferrable for home games within the same age group so there is no reason why they should not be for away tickets. i.e. if you know someone who wants to go to Oxford and you have a season ticket and cant make it becuase you are working for example, no reason why someone else cant use your season ticket, No different really to someone using your season ticket for a home fixture. I have a season ticket and didn't get a ticket to the match because I didnt want to sit outside forever.

I didnt give my ticket to anyone else, just saying that if a fellow supporter could get a ticket and you have paid for a season ticket, why shouldn't they be able to accept your perk for having the season as they could use your season ticket for a home fixture, why not an away fixture? so either way, home or away the system is not water tight unless you check ID alongside season tickets. Club was spot on with this.

Cheers
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 13:00:48 »

That would make every debate on here where people are giving their personal view self righteous.
Give me a thread like this with decent debate over a stupid one about cheese any day
slef righteous cunt, cheese is important
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 13:04:01 »

Must say i have just had a read of the thread,nothing self righteous about it Sie?

Now we know you are a staunch defender of The Swindon Town FC republic(good on you)but people are allowed to a bit miffed,pissed off,happy or even in the case of some darnright rude and fuckwitty.

Surely not that self righteous Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 13:39:00 »

Then we go over the same argument again, why should season ticket holders have preference over non season ticket holders?

Because they commit to all the home games, in one go, at the start of the season - which is best for the club financially and the most long term commitment you can make as a fan.

Because I have to pick and choose games due to funds, does that make me less of a fan?

In terms to your long term commitment and money going into the club then technically yes.

If someone has offered me an Oxford ticket, then surely I'd be mad to turn it down?

Yes, you would.....but if the shoe was on the other foot....

The last couple of pages only cement my view of an away loyalty scheme being fairer then awarding them to season ticket holders.

In terms of finance, away loyalty does fuck all for STFC.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 13:40:34 »

I bought a ticket for a season ticket holder as a favour because they got in at 6am and wanted a lie in. Another season ticket holder offered me their ticket to buy for another person if they wished. Naturally I wouldn’t have bought on behalf of a day tripper as I'd prefer it to go to someone who was a proper fan (that's my prerogative for spending 5 hours in the cold) but the likes of Sippo have been to plenty of town games before and I wouldn’t have had a problem getting a non-season ticket holder a ticket. After all if you want one that bad you get there at 7am or before, everyone knew the queue was going to be crazy, if not so slow.

A small percentage who queued missed out, as Ginginho said earlier, the main disappointment was that he had to queue for hours without being told he would probably miss out and thus wasting hours spent in sub zero temperatures. That isn't very fair.

Debating allocation methods is fine. Grumbling at the allocation is fine. Maybe even moaning at the system for ticket sales is fine. But the ‘xxx fan is better and more deserving because’ argument is saying one type of fan is more righteous than another.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 13:44:17 »

This thread is embarrassing.

which in itself is self righteous

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 14:01:48 »

In terms of finance, away loyalty does fuck all for STFC.

I know,but in distributing away tickets i don't see how that is an issue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 14:38:43 »

Just been on the yellowbellies forum. I think some of 'em live in a parallel universe!  One reckoned they always sold their allocation at our place  Huh? Well, the few times I saw the pox at our place they brought no more than about 1200. They also mock our crowds for the fixture  . The last time they had a crowd over 10,000 against us in the league was in 1971  Doh
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 14:44:06 »

Just been on the yellowbellies forum. I think some of 'em live in a parallel universe!  One reckoned they always sold their allocation at our place  Huh? Well, the few times I saw the pox at our place they brought no more than about 1200. They also mock our crowds for the fixture  . The last time they had a crowd over 10,000 against us in the league was in 1971  Doh

When I stewarded a game with the Pox in 92 when we drew 2-2 and there were less than 700 of the scum there. Lying wankers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 15:08:14 »

I remember that game JJ, fucking dave penney scored a scissor kick?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 15:12:41 »

I remember that game JJ, fucking dave penney scored a scissor kick?

I think it was, a late late goal, we battered them all game and Kerslake played a blinder.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: