Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 88778 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #390 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 08:38:12 »

This wouldn't have been a bad shout.  Only a certain amount should have been available for phone sales.  Personally I think it should have been a maximum of 2 per person, that maybe would have ensured all who queued got one.

To get 5 per person was a bit heavy, I thought 2 would have been about right. A chance to get one for an elder parent etc as well as yourself.

I got one on the phone but that's because I couldn't make it out and I think the limiit should be 1-2 on the phone only and even restricted somehow.
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 09:39:46 »

if i remember correctly when the brighton play off tickets went on sale was there not a priority window for season ticket holders with a specific numbering on their season ticket to indicate how long they had held it?

i assume since the new ticketing system came in this information is no longer recorded and hence this wasn't an option

shame as it would have given the people who have earned them a chance to get one
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 09:51:52 »

I think i'd be opposed to any scheme which attempts to Rank season ticket holders in any way

Things get better but they never get good
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 09:53:49 »

Same as. If someone has a season ticket, does that make them more of a fan?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Spud

« Reply #394 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 09:57:39 »

Same as. If someone has a season ticket, does that make them more of a fan?

No, but it does mean that they put money into the Club for 23 home games as opposed to some that may only make 6-10 home games a season.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 10:01:25 »

No, but it does mean that they put money into the Club for 23 home games as opposed to some that may only make 6-10 home games a season.

How much was a season ticket this year?

I am guessing about £250.  So someone in money terms who goes to 10 games a year paying on the day puts the same amount in a season ticket holder.
Dozno9

« Reply #396 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 10:10:58 »

The season ticket debate is a minefield. I have a season ticket for many reasons; being a fan, being lazy so I don't have to queue for a ticket every fortnight, being tight (it's cheaper).

I don't think it makes be a better fan than those that don't have one but more willing (or able) to pay upfront for all those reasons. Does that mean I should get preferential treatment? I don't know, I guess the only fair way to prioritise is using a point scoring system like the England Fans loyalty scheme, points for home and away games.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 10:15:40 »

Yeah but that's different as the club has no clue (until that specific match day) how many "walk ups" they are going to get.

To try and organise finances based on "a few people might pay on the day" would be almost impossible - whereas people taking up season tickets is known and guaranteed income that the club can rely on.

Also, season ticket holders have made a commitment before the season starts to go and watch the games, walk ups pick and choose depending on a lot of things - like the current form of the team

I know some people cannot afford the commitment up front, but I think season ticket holders should get priority

Wise men say........
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 10:25:07 »

there is no fair way, regarding the england fans scheme.. i was a member for years and it worked but only due to the fact it was england who play home and away.. 1 point for home 2 for away

but that would mean someone who went to more than 1/2 the away games would get preferential treatment over someone who went to all home.. is that fair?

i would vote for the length the season ticket has been held if there was a vote

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 10:37:41 »

Season ticket holders are not better fans no matter what some of them think. People don't have a season ticket for many reasons and plenty tot up numerous games during a season and are still as good a fan as any season ticket holder.
The ideal fan would turn up every week and pay full whack on the day.
Season ticket holders do it for themselves to save money. And fair play to them for doing so.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 6, 2012, 10:43:21 by arriba » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 11:52:55 »

As has been stated there is no way that would have suited everybody (apart from the yellow scum giving us a decent allocation!).  My son and his partner live 50 miles away, both of them have season tickets and also travel to most away games.  He works nights, came off shift at 6-30 pm on Saturday morning, she took the decision to ring for tickets, spent £10 on hold and still didn't get any!  He isn't complaining, but not happy that so many people were allowed to buy up to five tickets each.  That is where Watkins could have tweaked it a bit better in our opinion.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 13:07:52 »

It wasn't that they were allowed 5 tickets each, they were allowed to get a ticket for each season ticket they had up to five.
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 13:16:10 »

is anyone posting here under the impression that moaning about the ticket allocation is going to change anything? unfortunatley we just have to accept that oxford have a fuckin shit stadium that has a fence instead of an away end. we just have to make sure that the fans that are going to be there will make plenty of noise to get behind the men in red. COYR
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 13:31:01 »

The ideal fan would turn up every week and pay full whack on the day.

I would have thought the club would want as much money as possible in the bank account in the summer to adjust their spending plans and budget for pre-season onwards...
onetruered

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 17:54:40 »

How many are getting the train down to oxford....bargain of £9 return???

you reds!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: