Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 88707 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:01:46 »

Really empathise with those who are now saying that they missed out on tickets, however, a loyalty system wouldn;t really work whilst in this league. If we were mid-table we would have sold out but, in my opinion, you could have still bought tickets on Monday

Why wouldn't it work???
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:04:07 »

Cheesy
Who wasnt Wink

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:11:06 »

Tickets today were for ST holders only which is essentially a loyalty system.

You can ask questions over how many tickets should be allocation per person but I think that's about it (it would have been nice if the club said to fans at the back of the queue, "You are unlikely to get a ticket, it's up to you whether you choose to continue to wait").

We've not had this much demand for an away ticket for a League game (not including Play-Offs) in years. We got an awful allocation which Oxford could not justify amending.

It's unfortunate that many missed out.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:11:42 »

Whatever way they did it would mean someone is hard done by. Personally, i would have not given season ticket holders priority for an away game but that is the clubs decision. There will be plenty of more regular away fans who won't be there due to it.
As soon as the numbers were announced and how tickets were to be sold i wasn't bothered about not going. Won't be like it should be.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:18:08 »

I queued for over 4 hours in the end, got the entrance to the ticket office to be told they'd sold out.

I'm freezing and mightily pissed off.

Similar experience to you though not for that long. I didn't think I had much chance as couldn't get there till too late. I squarely blame the scum for manufacturing a shit allocation for us !
DRS

« Reply #230 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:18:09 »

Club made it clear that tickets were on sale in person and on the phone.I fail to see what the club has done wrong tbf
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:19:09 »

If we have aspirations of moving up the leagues then we need to move with the times and sort out a loyalty scheme that rewards people for attendance (home and away) like most of the teams in the top 2 leagues.

Half see what your saying with your last point arriba but if we stuff the cunts then I wanna be there when we do. Regardless of who I'm stood next to.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:19:45 »

Club made it clear that tickets were on sale in person and on the phone.I fail to see what the club has done wrong tbf

They did make it clear but fail to see how it's fair.

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:21:45 »

If we have aspirations of moving up the leagues then we need to move with the times and sort out a loyalty scheme that rewards people for attendance (home and away) like most of the teams in the top 2 leagues.

Half see what your saying with your last point arriba but if we stuff the cunts then I wanna be there when we do. Regardless of who I'm stood next to.

I agree with you in that away games should be treated differently to home games. Trouble is as a small club it's difficult to manage and these type of situations are rare.
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:27:28 »

Giving season ticket holders priority is the fairest way, and easiest for the club. There have been seasons in the past where I have gone to most of the games and missed out on an important one as I didn't have a season ticket to get a ticket.

Which is one of the reasons I started getting a season ticket a few years back, we all know the system. Can't see why the club would ever reward people for going to more away games than home ones, they want the season ticket holders paying their money in to the club.

Yes I'm a cunt and have a ticket. (Still not warmed up though brrr)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:29:00 »

How many people go away every week but dont have season tickets?

Genuine question - anyone on here a regular away attender without a season ticket?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:30:19 »

How many people go away every week but dont have season tickets?

Genuine question - anyone on here a regular away attender without a season ticket?

I was until this season.

I'm sure there are plenty who do it, people who are exiled etc.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:30:48 »

Queued for 5 hours and got a ticket when there were about 40 left.  I am wondering though why everyone had to wait so long?  Wouldn't it have made sense for this morning only to just sell Oxford tickets and cash only?  The number of people who were messing about wanting JPT tickets and away tickets to Barnet just slowed everything down.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:32:10 »

I agree with you in that away games should be treated differently to home games. Trouble is as a small club it's difficult to manage and these type of situations are rare.

Yep I agree they are rare but we have a few (albeit not to the same extent) due to playing in a league where demand outweighs supply. At Reading they have a loyalty points scheme where you obtain points ( of varying degrees for every ticket you buy). Those with the most points get first dibs on tickets for a day, then those on the next band get a chance the next day and so on. Might not be that easy/cheap to implement but it has to be the way forward. There will be people who haven't missed a game this season who haven't got a ticket today. That ain't right.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 14:36:31 »

By giving preference to ST holders you are rewarding people who support the club.

Going to away games doesn't benefit the club financially at all. And without making all of our away games all ticket how do you know who is going.

I don't think the club did anything wrong, And NO I haven't got a ticket.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: