Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 88793 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:20:49 »

One of my friends is supposedly camping out. Don't think it's necessary at all, but if there are 50+ doing it it could be mildly amusing. Not worth the cold though!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:22:17 »

That's mental.

I'm in two minds whether to even queue up at all or just chance my arm at phoning the ticket office, while at home, in the warm with a mug of tea.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:30:47 by Ginginho » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:25:09 »

How many people are seriously considering camping out/getting up early to queue for the tickets?

I'm not sure how much of this is hysteria or genuine fear of missing out. I know of 2 lads who will camp in the carpark tonight for fear of missing out on the tickets. As much as I would like the tickets, I don't really fancy hyperthermia or pneumonia as I'll not only miss tomorrow's game but will probably be bed ridden for the rest of the week as well!

He better fucking get me one that's all I can say! Wink

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:27:13 »

After a lot of thought and soul searching i have decided to give the Oxford away match a miss now.
The early kick off combined with the fact i maybe away that week means i have decided to pull the plug on it.
I have been to every away match at Oxford since 1979 so a bit of a wrench but i am having to pick my matches carefully away this year.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:32:17 »

I'll be going for a run tomorrow morning, so should be going past the CG at about 8.30, I'll have a little chuckle to myself if I do see some tents!

Maybe we should all go down and start a camp fire, eat marshmellows and sing camp songs 
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:43:21 »

I'm turning up at 7:30. If I get one, great. If I don't, well I've been there before and hated it!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:44:36 »

Getting up at fucking 6. Not happy.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:59:23 »

Getting up at fucking 6. Not happy.

Me too, getting first train in from Didcot. Am really looking forward to queuing in the cold

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 12:26:03 »

Good luck chaps.

I hear leon clarke has laid on a couple of hookers for you all to keep warm.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 13:04:38 »

Think it is a tad over the top really.Some people (my other half included) think they are the worlds biggest supporters and this is another way to prove it  Smiley But then if you want a ticket you can be sure you'll get one if you are queuing really early.Just hope no one gets too cold.
 Personally if i was going to use my brothers season ticket,i'd turn up at 8 and i'm sure i'd get one then.But as i have a baby and its a 12 kick off and i'd struggle to get to the ground,the game is a no for me  Crying

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 21:07:40 »

Anybody who camps out in this weather is extremely foolish.  I'm not convinced they'll be as much of a panic as people think.

I think it will be a lot of the younger element who end up going.  My dad has decided not to go, as he thinks it will 'get nasty there' and I expect a lot of the older season ticket holders will be the same.  I don't want to take my 8 year old and as Larwood said the midday kick off isn't ideal when you have kids, so I'm going to have to give it a miss and hope there is a feed shown at the County Ground as mentioned on the OS.

Me and my son both have season tickets if anyone wants to PM me for the numbers and my details to try and book over the phone.  First come first served (my son is an under 10 though, so I'm not sure if that means it could only be used against a child ticket?) 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 21:18:28 »

I dont think they are foolish, just insane Cheesy

I cant go anyway
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 21:18:39 »

I'm camped out.its good fun.

I don't even have a season ticket I just thought I might chance my arm

/
W56196272
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 21:19:26 »

Anybody who camps out in this weather is extremely foolish.  I'm not convinced they'll be as much of a panic as people think.

I think it will be a lot of the younger element who end up going.  My dad has decided not to go, as he thinks it will 'get nasty there' and I expect a lot of the older season ticket holders will be the same.  I don't want to take my 8 year old and as Larwood said the midday kick off isn't ideal when you have kids, so I'm going to have to give it a miss and hope there is a feed shown at the County Ground as mentioned on the OS.

Me and my son both have season tickets if anyone wants to PM me for the numbers and my details to try and book over the phone.  First come first served (my son is an under 10 though, so I'm not sure if that means it could only be used against a child ticket?) 

PM sent chap!

Now, ain't that just like me?
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 3, 2012, 21:26:08 »

If there is any season ticket holders on here aren't going i would be very grateful for your details so I could try and get a ticket over the phone, Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: