Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best and worst foreign signings  (Read 9647 times)
Boner

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 11:53:45 »

Roy Wegerle should count as one of the best.

Forgot about him, he was fuckin brilliant, worst one has to be either Sabin or Zaaboub. Nestor Lorenzo was a typical South American, if he couldn't get the ball he was taking you out!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 12:22:55 »

Did Cuervo play more than 20 games?

18 starts + 20 from the bench - cannot believe it was that few, but think his appearances coincided with the short period that I was local enough to get to home games regularly!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 12:27:18 »

I fucking loved philipe cuervo
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 12:43:22 »

I fucking loved Eric Sabin... Don't forget he scored the winner versus Mansfield to end a 7 game losing streak under Andy King.

For me, Danny Invincibile was the best.  Worst, with the 20 game qualifier, would have to be Dossevi - mainly as he was so bloody frustrating to watch.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:08:40 »

Don't think I ever had the plasure of watching sabin play, did his game extend beyond running towards the area really fast and then falling over?

Do I recall he won a penalty in something like each of his first 4 games?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:09:10 »

I fucking loved philipe cuervo

Me too he just looked class.

Never the same player after he went blonde sadly!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:45:39 »

I don't know how many times he filled the Player part of the Player Manager slot but Ossie wa a bit useful.

Worst?

Dossevi gets my vote though Brian Kilkline was foreign in that he comes from a differnet planet.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:53:18 »

Me too he just looked class.

Never the same player after he went blonde sadly!

After he broke his leg in the reserves (against Millwall?) he was awful. Which was a shame, as before then he looked a player.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:57:59 »

i think ill go with mr invincible for my favourite player, that shined volley to keep us up.  Sad felt so many emotions that day.
Dossevi without a doubt has to be not just the worst foreign singing but the worst ever in all football. The guy was just fucking hopeless. i have never seen someone run like they were wearing the boots from a deep-sea diver.  i cannot believe how often i kept turning up to watch that spaz Suicide
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:08:06 »

Does Fitzroy Simpson count as foreign?

Yes. He was born in Bradford on Avon and they're all on a different planet over there.

Nestor Lorenzo was the best for me. World Cup finalist, always looked like he was about to maim someone and be sent off. Opposing strikers seemed to sense it too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:42:39 »

i think ill go with mr invincible for my favourite player, that shined volley to keep us up.  Sad felt so many emotions that day.
Dossevi without a doubt has to be not just the worst foreign singing but the worst ever in all football. The guy was just fucking hopeless. i have never seen someone run like they were wearing the boots from a deep-sea diver.  i cannot believe how often i kept turning up to watch that spaz Suicide

Dossevi could run though, which was the problem as he kept running goal side of the defenders.

Now Pericard, he couldnt move...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 16:25:15 »

The one thing you cant accuse Dossevi of not doing is running, that's all he had going for him.

He tried bless him, i find it hard to hate anyone like him who is dogshit but puts 100% in all the time
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 17:39:05 »

Fola Onibuje is the worst footballer I have ever seen. Check out his stats on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fola_Onibuje

Look how many clubs he's played for!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 17:57:46 »

I know he did not make 20 appearances but as a kid I'll always remember Roy Wegerle coming to us on loan and him being a player like i've never seen before in a swindon shirt, I think that's why macari never took up the option of buying him as he seemed a luxury player at the time.
few years later and he goes for a million pounds.

Macari did want to sign him, but Wegerle had better offers.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Coca Fola

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 19:25:44 »

Fola Onibuje is the worst footballer I have ever seen. Check out his stats on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fola_Onibuje

Look how many clubs he's played for!
Footballing god.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: