Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Evans  (Read 48839 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:54:21 »

Sounds like he's gone then! GR just retweeted a sports Jurno Jacob Murtag

Steve Evans has been appointed new manager of #rufc. Will be announced later today #ctfc

Poor bastards at Rotherham.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:55:50 »

Totally and utterly bizarre timing  Huh?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:57:20 »

Evans is a big big cunt. He has the ability to repulse and if he was appointed our manager I'd imagine season ticket sales reversing quicker than a playoff charge from Oxford. I can't see it being much different in Rotherham.

Smiley Is that technically feasible?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:57:29 »

Brilliant timing for us if this is true. Crawley might hit the buffers now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:00:34 »

Yeah if true. Jurnos get it wrong some times!

Agree with OST, bizarre timing. Something must be happening at Crawley, wheels falling off their finances ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:02:40 »

Smiley Is that technically feasible?

Bloodhound SSC have just conceded defeat
http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:05:43 »

Excelent news for Crawley then....and for kebab shop  owners in the Sheffield area.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #157 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:08:52 »

Totally and utterly bizarre timing  Huh?

Agree, what a shyster. Pity the poor Rotherham fans, they ain't going to be happy
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #158 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:09:15 »

His Scum assistant Raynor is nearly as big a cunt as Evans.
fatbasher

« Reply #159 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:10:20 »

I disagree with that completely.

Volatility is the only common factor here for me.

PDC is a big big name. He has the ability to capture the imagination of the public and to capture players that a club in our position have no right to sign. He is a statement of intent for this club.

Evans is a big big cunt. He has the ability to repulse and if he was appointed our manager I'd imagine season ticket sales reversing quicker than a playoff charge from Oxford. I can't see it being much different in Rotherham. I can't believe any players would be quick to buy into the Evans dream, more likely money and desperation will be the deciding factors in players going there just like they are at Crawley (see Clarke and Alexander).

Don't let my comments ruin your day.

You're entitled to your opinion.

They are and can be both volatile that much I agree on. Paolo is more eloquent and reasoned though.

So is Evans, just on a different level. You clearly don't think that Evans has captured that same enthusiasm and imagination at Crawley do you? Not everyone who is successful in football has had a glittering career like Paolo. Though you can't see it you have to think and look at Crawley and where they came from and where they are on the cusp of.

Evans is and would also be a statement of intent for Rotherham if true, again, on a different level to us.

You lose your argument on the first line of your third paragraph, you notice or perhaps you didn't I never ever referred to Evans in any offensive way, even though I loath the man. Some say the same about Paolo don't they? Yes of course they would but he wouldn't would he. You like me and many know very little about Rotherham. There are good players who would not get in our team who will have seen what Evans has done at Crawley and see that as a ticket to a better contract with money they would not otherwise get. That will also happen here. Players who would have easily overlooked us with a journeyman manager are as Paolo said earlier in the season ringing their agents and asking about us.

You clearly have let your personal feelings of Evans, someone you don't know get in the way of an (my) objective post. I don't know the man either I only know what I see and read. That is why I tried to put a different view on the possible move from Crawley to Rotherham. If true their chairman clearly sees the positives and potential you can't or don't want to see.

I really don't care either way what Rotherham football club and their chairman do nor for that matter Crawley and Evans.

I do care what happens at SN1. I do however read other posts with interest and try to comment objectively as best I can with what I hope are well thought out and objective responses and opinion.

Sweeping statements and generalisations are just that.    
fatbasher

« Reply #160 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:14:00 »

I expect money to be the root cause of any move. Rotherham have a bigger catchment area. Crawley have Brighton one way and South London the other. They would struggle to grow organically. They did sell Tubbs and the other guy like we rolled over and sold Duncan Shearer.

That told Evans everything. Besides as others have alluded to the pies are better in Yorkshire.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:15:43 »

Most people do tend to let Evans' utter cuntishness (which is beyond question) obscure the fact that he does have something about him as a manager which to me is also beyond question.

I would not bet against him getting them promoted next season.
fatbasher

« Reply #162 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:17:01 »

Most people do tend to let Evans' utter cuntishness (which is beyond question) obscure the fact that he does have something about him as a manager which to me is also beyond question.

I would not bet against him getting them promoted next season.

Thank you. I clearly need to explain myself on similar lines. Good post.
kerry red

« Reply #163 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:25:57 »

It's like a doctor giving some disgusting medicine to a patient

'I know you wont like it but I know what's good for you'

I presume the powers that be at the Millers are counting on instant success will overcome the loathing a lot of their fans may well feel about his appointment.

If we were in last season's position, would we welcome this man?

Personally, I'd like to kick him in the hole
stfcinbmth

« Reply #164 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 09:28:48 »

If we were in last season's position, would we welcome this man?

I very much doubt it, and I couldn't even see Wray considering it
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: