Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How safe is my Swindon bet?  (Read 2218 times)
Trouserdog

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 21:54:58 »

Hello all.

After Paolo impressed me with his pre-season comments about kicking the squad into shape fitness-wise, and just generally because he's the kind of maverick figure I'm always drawn to, I included Swindon in an e/w promotion yankee back in August.

My other selections were Man City, West Ham and Huddersfield, so I'm beginning to think i might have a chance of winning a few quid. I'm not a Swindon fan (obviously) so was just wondering how confident you are of a) winning the league or b) at least finishing in the top 3?

While I'm here I'll give my football blog a cheeky plug too. Described by one Norwich fan as "The best football blog he's ever read" ( ) I assure you it's at least worth a peak...and a follow on facebook/twitter (I'm getting presumptious now).

http://www.premiershippoke.com/
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:00:03 »

Hello all.

After Paolo impressed me with his pre-season comments about kicking the squad into shape fitness-wise, and just generally because he's the kind of maverick figure I'm always drawn to, I included Swindon in an e/w promotion yankee back in August.

My other selections were Man City, West Ham and Huddersfield, so I'm beginning to think i might have a chance of winning a few quid. I'm not a Swindon fan (obviously) so was just wondering how confident you are of a) winning the league or b) at least finishing in the top 3?

While I'm here I'll give my football blog a cheeky plug too. Described by one Norwich fan as "The best football blog he's ever read" ( ) I assure you it's at least worth a peak...and a follow on facebook/twitter (I'm getting presumptious now).

NEV! WE'VE GOT ANOTHER!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:01:35 »

We're going well right now with just one defeat in the last 22(?) games, which have included a number of higher division opponents. We've moved up from 7th to 4th and are successfully chasing down the top 3. We have games against Crawley and Southend coming up soon which could be pivotal, but I'd say we're looking good for atleast a top 3 finish.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:02:40 »

"Send me off every game, we will still win the league" - PDC.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:03:29 »

I've got West Ham, Huddersfield and Town in some accas too but I think huddersfield might be the let down, although I wouldn't have believed that 2 months ago. Charlton have just beaten both Sheffield sides and Huddersfield in the last month so look pretty strong - hope I'm wrong though.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:05:21 »

Hello all.

You've included a picture of a fucking kitten so I beg to differ

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Trouserdog

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:07:19 »

I've got West Ham, Huddersfield and Town in some accas too but I think huddersfield might be the let down, although I wouldn't have believed that 2 months ago. Charlton have just beaten both Sheffield sides and Huddersfield in the last month so look pretty strong - hope I'm wrong though.

They do seem to drop too many easy points at home so I share your concern.

My reason for selecting them was Jordan Rhodes, as goalscorers of that caliber are like gold dust in League one and Two, but I think Charlton may end up proving too strong. Had a saver on them early doors, but not in any multiples. Think they were 14/1 at the start as well.  Crying
Trouserdog

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:09:27 »

You've included a picture of a fucking kitten so I beg to differ

Haven't you learnt to look at words as well as the pictures yet?  Hmmm
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:14:54 »

Haven't you learnt to look at words as well as the pictures yet?  Hmmm

Smiley You don't look at words you read them...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Trouserdog

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:18:39 »

Smiley You don't look at words you read them...

Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:23:43 »

Terry - 5 excuses for saying black cunt, is brilliant. I'll bookmark your site.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 22:32:38 »

Terry - 5 excuses for saying black cunt, is brilliant. I'll bookmark your site.

Agreed, that is very good, as are the other bits I've had chance to read!

Bet wise, I went for Man Utd, West Ham, Hudders and Town to win each league, e/w. Also worried about Hudders, and slightly worried about the average Man Utd too. Think West Ham and Swindon shouldn't let me down - but you never know with Town. Fingers crossed.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 07:24:23 »

Hello all.

Paolo, it's Paolo.  Your bet is therefore null and void (and it's peek, not peak)  - Thanks OST.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: